UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> Pride Posters. A $hitload!!! of them!!!

3/16/10 10:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fightpimp
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So the past few days I have been in negotiations with the single largest owner of Pride posters in the entire world... I can't get into details but I am now officially out of the bidding on the whole collection. It is the remnants of EVERYTHING that was in the Pride FC headquarters in Japan. The bidding is over 20K for the entire group... over 800 posters total, most of them signed. I have all the pics, all the descriptions etc... this is some crazy shit. Deals like this only come around once in a lifetime. It sucks I had to pass up on it, but 20K is not in the plans these days... most of it would collect dust for many years... Just thought I would let everybody in on the situation at hand. Most likely the deal is going to be "local" in Japan, but you never know... If the shit does surface for sale, I will be the first one to shed some light on more details.... but until then I have to keep my mouth shut, the guy was an OK dude.
3/16/10 12:16 PM
PTSandman

Anyone want to go half w/me?
3/16/10 1:21 PM
yumaslim
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lets see the pics since you are out of it.
3/16/10 1:35 PM
bongwater7654
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dam that insane keep us updated  if you know were they end up
3/16/10 1:49 PM
fightpimp

You dont get it do you Jeremy??? I just told you I cant say or show anything so why the fuck you asking for proof pics???

After the first email I sent him asking questions, this is what I got:
"If you dont mind,can I please ask you to confirm you understand we are comunicating confidentially?"

And this was at the bottom of all of his emails:
 "The information in this email and any e-mail from this address is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized.If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to betaken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. "

If anybody has a SERIOUS interest in this I can get you in contact with the seller... PM me.
3/16/10 1:53 PM
yumaslim
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dont need "proof pics" just wanted to see what posters, thats all cool guy.
3/16/10 2:17 PM
fightpimp

Most of the posters everybody (more or less) has seen at one point or another.
3/16/10 3:02 PM
PJ Benn Fan
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

20K???? Holy shit.

Brett, since your the only one who has any type of knowledge, what do you think the bidding to end at???
3/16/10 3:50 PM
tjsuckerpunch

Fucking trip, you couldnt hold it in from last night.

I told you last night to send me a list and Id split it with you, or buy it out right.
3/16/10 3:53 PM
fightpimp

It was 1.3M yen for a shit-ton of items and another 541,950 yen for the other lot I saw. I did not get ALL the pics of ALL the items... I was out of the bidding before I could see everything... Some NICE shit though... If I had the $$$ to "sit" on, I would have been right in there bidding still... but thats not the case unfortunately for me. It will take a while for me to break-down the "street" value of all of the posters and other items... even at wholesale prices... the 20K was a STEAL!!! The other problem was that I would have had to facilitate shipping of at least a container of items to the US... NOT CHEAP!!! plus all the import taxes and bill of lading/imprt-exprot company fees and shit like that... a fucking logistical nightmare! Not to mention the packing LOL!!! I'm just glad i got in on it and saw this deal going down... Its still not a done-deal yet... I figure another day or two at best... the guy was trying to wrap it up last night...
3/16/10 3:55 PM
fightpimp

tjsuckerpunch - Fucking trip, you couldnt hold it in from last night.

I told you last night to send me a list and Id split it with you, or buy it out right.
Yeah, I know. The "free" shipping had me thinking TJ....

3/16/10 4:13 PM
tjsuckerpunch

shit i just want to drink the Pride Sake
3/16/10 4:15 PM
fightpimp

The Fedor bottle is the coolest!
3/16/10 4:39 PM
the chip guy

Do you worry at all that 800 Pride poster hitting the market at the same time could maybe water it down a little?

BTW, hopefully this will give me a chance to buy a 04 Gp final round....
3/16/10 4:53 PM
bongwater7654
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the chip guy -  Do you worry at all that 800 Pride poster hitting the market at the same time could maybe water it down a little?

people spending that kind of cash have a little more sense than that

3/16/10 4:56 PM
fightpimp

I got the feeling that these were going to end up in some Japanese guys home one way or another. If they do end up for-sale... like i said... I will divulge details... but not until then...

3/16/10 5:05 PM
the chip guy

bongwater7654 - 
the chip guy -  Do you worry at all that 800 Pride poster hitting the market at the same time could maybe water it down a little?

people spending that kind of cash have a little more sense than that

Cash makes people stupid it's a fact.

3/16/10 5:05 PM
yumaslim

my guess is that roland will have a piece of this somehow. i think multiples of some of the more common posters will be up for auction or in stores somewhere.

chip guy- you never know!
3/17/10 10:37 PM
tjsuckerpunch

yumaslim - my guess is that roland will have a piece of this somehow. i think multiples of some of the more common posters will be up for auction or in stores somewhere.

chip guy- you never know!

I think you are completely wrong and Roland will have nothing to do with it, in fact I can garentee that he wont.
3/19/10 10:55 PM
ChicagoTom
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roland. Is that guy still around?
4/10/10 3:46 AM
Its Me Again

So who got the posters???
4/10/10 9:55 AM
fightpimp

A single Private collector in Japan got most. Some (a very small select amount) are still for sale. I was recently informed that 11 of the rare fully-signed ones went to a different collector in Japan for 1,250,500 yen... (approx. $13,400+/-). Some of these included the "Bomb" poster and the "Butterfly" one as well... Also the GP 2000 Red and Black/12 that you have for sale was included in the group and it had the same fucked-up funny-face cartoon on it! One poster that I have never seen was also in there... kinda cool... but well out of my price range at 13K lol...
3/22/12 10:51 PM
the chip guy

fp, I wish I could go back in time and and make this deal happen with you, it's to bad most of this stuff never found it's way to the states.
3/23/12 12:36 PM
PTSandman

There was alot that was not sold. It was mostly B3's, signed B3's, and a small selection of B2's. Also a shit ton of those white boards autographed.

You can probably guess who bought it by how they listed it on their site.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.