UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> funny James Irvin interview

3/17/10 11:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/17/10 11:59 AM
Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Partner

Heavy.com: Are you looking to work your way towards a rematch with Anderson Silva before he retires?

James Irvin: Honestly, I don’t think I would ever deserve a rematch with him unless I won ten fights in a row by vicious knockout! He might even be retired by then. I don’t want a rematch with Anderson Silva to be honest.

It's actually quite refreshing to see a guy who knows where he is in his career and in the division. Can't help but like the guy.

rest of interview here...

3/17/10 12:03 PM
PJ Benn Fan
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep. Brutally honest. At least he didnt say stupid shit like Marquardt did.
3/17/10 12:46 PM
Chris
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PJ Benn Fan -  Yep. Brutally honest. At least he didnt say stupid shit like Marquardt did.
yup.

3/17/10 12:48 PM
jaseprobst
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

James has always been a great interview.
3/17/10 12:49 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris always brings the News!
Got to love the Sandman!
3/17/10 12:51 PM
Fight! UK Online
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight! UK, Online Editor
Chris - 
Heavy.com: Are you looking to work your way towards a rematch with Anderson Silva before he retires?

James Irvin: Honestly, I don’t think I would ever deserve a rematch with him unless I won ten fights in a row by vicious knockout! He might even be retired by then. I don’t want a rematch with Anderson Silva to be honest.

It's actually quite refreshing to see a guy who knows where he is in his career and in the division. Can't help but like the guy.

rest of interview here...

LOL. Can't say fairer than that!
3/17/10 1:11 PM
Ostrich
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gave up on reading the interview where the dam Repo Man add starts. ruined the whole thing. Who the hell thought that was a good idea. Now I wont even watch that movie when it comes out on DVD.
3/17/10 1:17 PM
Kostakio
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respek to Irvin!
3/17/10 1:59 PM
JDV
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is one tough motherfucker, but that is pretty funny.  Gotta love the guy.
3/17/10 2:06 PM
Titanium Rhino
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the Sandman, but he is fighting Legionarius. I just don't know who to root for. I'm staying neutral. This fight could go either way.
3/17/10 2:32 PM
musclegarden
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Such a humble dude! I was a big fan of his before, but this made me like him even more. Excited to see him at middleweight, I think he's gonna take sakara's head off.
3/17/10 6:31 PM
WidespreadPanic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In a 1980s interview w/Ali, one of the things Ali said made him great was the way he moved and hit. He said prior to that, fighters didn't really have his movement.

I see a parallel here. Irvin is very tough, but he's a bit mono-dimensional in his footwork. So it makes it easy for Silva to beat him. Silva showed this with Forest Griffin, also.

Not saying Silva has Ali-like movment, just that he has the 'next level' in footwork and body movement, evasion and hitting while moving. Great 'eyes', reflexes.

IMO, they fight again, and Irvin might last longer, but same outcome, unless he makes major improvements.

3/17/10 6:37 PM
PanRoastedJinx
405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Facking all class.  cool dude
3/17/10 6:38 PM
dahosse
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

plus anderson gave him the mother of all cuts in that fight. james had a nice, long period of avoiding half his face every morning while shaving for about 6 weeks. i'm sure he's had plenty of time to ruminate on exactly how much he wants to mess with anderson silva.
3/17/10 6:51 PM
ABE FROMAN

That's the kind of honestly that goes a long way in making fans.
3/18/10 8:34 AM
TUFF-N-UFF

TUFF-N-UFF FC, VP Media&Marketing
PJ Benn Fan -  Yep. Brutally honest. At least he didnt say stupid shit like Marquardt did.

I like Marquardt. He is well rounded and very smart. I think he is one of the few that would have a chance against Silva if he had a rematch.

Then again, I picked Marquardt over Chael and I was way off on that one.
3/18/10 9:33 AM
Chris

war sandman!
3/18/10 9:46 AM
PJ Benn Fan
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TUFF-N-UFF - 

I like Marquardt. He is well rounded and very smart. I think he is one of the few that would have a chance against Silva if he had a rematch.

Absolutely Marquardt is one of the most well rounded guys at 185.
But my comments were in relation to him not even acknowledging that the Silva fight took place and that wasnt him in there and all his other stupid bullshit excuses.
The fact was he made a mistake and the difference in talent levels between him and Silva were exposed.

James Irvin did what I would like to hear more often when a fighter loses.
He made no excuses.
Admits Silva is pretty much in another league at the moment and he isnt even thinking about a rematch unless he starts racking up a ton of wins.

3/18/10 11:09 AM
Thumblock

wow, 2 sandman interviews on the front page. I didn't know anything about the guy before, but now he's got another fan. He seems like a mature guy with a good perspective on things and dealing with his family history and addictions are the toughest fights of all.
3/18/10 11:11 AM
Thumblock

TUFF-N-UFF - 

not "way off" at all.. Chael was seeing stars from Nate's knee and was very close to getting choked out. I think Nate would be favored in a rematch.
3/18/10 11:40 AM
mjsalmon
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That guy had a hell of a time making 205, he is going to be a monster at 185. Hope he can recover from the weight cut. Intravenous fluids will be needed!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.