UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Exhaust systems?

3/17/10 12:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Thage
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be putting in a new cat back exhaust system on my Sierra soon, but can't pick a brand.

Most people go with Flowmaster on trucks, but I read recently that it didn't provide enough back pressure on my model and actually decreased performance.

The more I read people suggest Borla, and Corsa exhaust which run about 1k for the system.

Any truth that Flows wouldn't hold up?

Maybe magnaflow?

I just want good sound and any pick up in HP is always a plus.
3/17/10 5:37 PM
Wardance5
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

magnaflow will do the job and im pretty sure its cheaper then Borla not positive though.
3/19/10 12:49 PM
White347LX
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Magnaflow and Borla are high quality stuff.
3/19/10 1:57 PM
Thage
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well price goes like this,

FLO-$350

Magna-$600

Corsa & Borla-$1,000

I just can't justify a grand on exhaust when I have so many other things I want to do soon. Besides, it's not a fucking street car I'm racing.
3/19/10 8:34 PM
White347LX
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd say Magna for the money.

It's all stainless, right?
3/22/10 12:29 PM
Thage

Magnaflow, Borla, and corsa stainless steel.

FLo is aluminized steel.

I think I'll go with the Magnaflow for $600 Seems like a step up, but not a 1k system.

I'll listen to them on youtube later to see which has the best sound as well.
4/19/10 9:46 AM
Pig Bun
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just replace the stock muffler, if all you are really after is a different sound. DynoMax, MagnaFlow, Goerlich,.... bunch of choices, and you'll spend under $100 installed.
10/5/10 8:43 AM
Jacinto
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pig Bun - Just replace the stock muffler, if all you are really after is a different sound. DynoMax, MagnaFlow, Goerlich,.... bunch of choices, and you'll spend under $100 installed.

+1

I just had a shop remove all the restrictive stock exhaust from the cat back and run new pipe and install a Dynomax Super Turbo and it cost me around $80 muffler and all. Provided me a notice power increase as well.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.