UnderGround Forums

Georgia Underground >> 20 ft hexagon cage?

3/18/10 7:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mattbatson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in the process of deciding on which kind of cage to buy.
I am looking to promote muay thai/kickboxing/ammy mma events in florida.

A 20 ft cage would be better for the smaller venues that I'll be doing for the first couple of years.

I'm wondering if anyone can think of disadvantages to a 20 ft over a 24 ft cage?
As a fighter is there a difference?

As a spectator is there a difference?

appreciate any input

thx
3/18/10 10:51 AM
Extreme Fight Night
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

20 foot is easier to haul and set up. Also, less room for the fighters to get away, meaning more action. More room for seats on the floor too.

Has Florida finally approved ammys? I gave them about 10 DVD's for they're certification seminars well over a year ago and have not seen anything yet.
3/18/10 1:52 PM
mattbatson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Extreme Fight Night -  20 foot is easier to haul and set up. Also, less room for the fighters to get away, meaning more action. More room for seats on the floor too.

Has Florida finally approved ammys? I gave them about 10 DVD's for they're certification seminars well over a year ago and have not seen anything yet.

They have not.

Supposedly, they are working with ISKA (the one approved sanctioning body for ammy mma...so far) on the rules. I dont know what the hang up is, as they should be able to just copy another state, rather than reinventing the wheel. They have been working on this for years now.

ISKA said that Jan was going to be it...

Of course, it is march and nothing yet.

I plan to do ammy muay thai and kickboxing until ammy mma gets going.
Sounds like a 20 footer should do just fine.
3/22/10 11:48 AM
Extreme Fight Night
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/22/10 11:48 AM
  • Yep. It is about to be approved according to Cory Schafer the ISKA President. Same rules as Georgia but no advanced amateur.
  •  
  • All Novice with no GNP or Slams.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.