UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Dempsey vs Juve

3/18/10 3:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Clichy
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone see him score against Juve just now? World class chip into the top corner. Just a brilliant goal that will most likely send Fulham into the next round.
3/18/10 4:13 PM
Clichy
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is the video-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkY31jZ5Onw
3/18/10 6:26 PM
1 2 3 ACE
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably the best goal I've seen all season, but then I do love chips.

Looks like Cannavaro's sending off killed Juve. All the same, one of the best results in Fulham's history, no doubt.
3/18/10 10:33 PM
Pinback
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing goal... Dempsey is back!

Davies is officially done with rehab and starts training on Monday. Things might be looking up for the U.S.
3/20/10 2:40 PM
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The link above was removed, here's another working link to the goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeL1DXp-PuU

Dempsey has grown immensely in his time at Fulham. Aside from he and Donovan, there really aren't any other potent attackers on the USMNT. In fact, once you get past Bunker Bob's starting XI, there isn't much depth on the US bench. And with question marks at certain positions on England's squad, the US might just luck out and battle to a draw in their first group match with the 3 Lions. I certainly hope Bob's man-crush on Jonathan Bornstein doesn't see JB starting at LB. Rooney and Defoe will beat this kid into oblivion. Don't think Capello won't be focusing on exposing that left side of the US defense.

Hodgson has been masterclass in taking Fulham to where it is now. Manager of the year IMO.
3/21/10 7:46 AM
Shotgun Mick
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/22/10 6:31 PM
Dempsey is quality. Imagine how good he would be if he had full sight in both eyes.

Not to piss on his chips but I'm not convinced that goal wasn't a fluke and meant as a cross.
3/21/10 12:28 PM
grizz632
636 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shotgun Mick - Dempsey is quality. Imagine how could he would be if he had full sight in both eyes.

Not to piss on his chips but I'm not convinced that goal wasn't a fluke and meant as a cross.

Agreed. He never looked up once after receiving the ball, seems to me he was just crossing it to a spot in the box and it went in. Great stuff though. The US needs an in-form Clint Dempsey badly in the WC, a goal like that will certainly help his confidence coming back from his injury
3/23/10 1:43 AM
jman
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/23/10 1:45 AM
they interviewed him and it was a shot

he said 9 times out of 10 you miss it, but he got lucky and it went in

http://project-2010.net/?p=1192
3/23/10 1:43 AM
jman
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what is wrong with his eyes?
3/23/10 6:04 PM
Shotgun Mick
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Think he is partially sighted in one eye. No peripheral vision or something.
3/29/10 9:09 AM
invalid
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Must be from all that gansta rap

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.