UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rich Franklin talks MONEY struggles.....

3/21/10 3:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mediafly41
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.fightingpolitics.com
3/21/10 3:32 AM
EvilMaster

The Big Cheese
That video made me sad. :(
3/21/10 3:36 AM
EnlightenedOne

Win fights. Win money.
EnlightenedOne

Prize fighter
AngryFoamy
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EvilMaster - That video made me sad. :(
Agreed.  I like Rich a lot and wish him all the best.

Even though the pay for most fighters in the UFC has increased quite a bit over time, there's still along way to go to be paid a fair wage for performing in the sport that they do IMO.

3/21/10 3:38 AM
mediafly41

That's what the whole film is about for the most part. 
FIGHTING POLITICS

dave
3/21/10 3:39 AM
omoplata

Rich is trying to say there are fighters who arent getting paid what they should without biting the hand.
3/21/10 3:56 AM
kying418
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the interview is a bit old.

From what I heard, Rich has a bunch of money.
3/21/10 4:05 AM
Pain4Blood2

Of all the guys crying over money.. why him? He is constantly placed in high profile fights. He gets huge sponsorship opportunities. He had his own commercials.

This has to be old. Wasnt he given a few cars after finishing TUF. Hell, I remember him selling his hummer or whatever on ebay.
3/21/10 4:23 AM
joemama

Pain4Blood2 - Of all the guys crying over money.. why him? He is constantly placed in high profile fights. He gets huge sponsorship opportunities. He had his own commercials.
This has to be old. Wasnt he given a few cars after finishing TUF. Hell, I remember him selling his hummer or whatever on ebay.

he was crying you dumbass, he was clear and right to the point

it is unfortunate we got stupid shyt like baseball where lazy players make millions. The fighters are now are paving the way for the fighters in the future. Its sad but it is what it is, players from the NFL werent makin millions in the 60s. Someone has to do the dirty work
3/21/10 4:24 AM
joemama

blank - So is he complaining fighters aren't leaving the organization as millionaires or that fighters aren't receiving their fair slice of the revenue pie they help to generate?

If it's the prior then I've no sympathy for his plight, if it's the latter then he may be on to something...

wow holy shit come on, it aint difficult buddy figure it out
3/21/10 4:30 AM
FloridaStriker

^^wow holy shit can you be anymore dramatic you fucking female?
3/21/10 5:44 AM
RUSRedDevil
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

quite the opposite actually....... I felt like he was saying that he thought the paydays should be more evenly spread top to bottom...... (don't pay the undercard 8 and 8...) he was saying he isn't greedy(doesn't need millions for a main event) he would like to see the other guys make a living too.
3/21/10 5:59 AM
D3structo
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel for a lot of the bottom/mid-level guys because even though they're making 15-20k a fight that doesnt include medical, 401k ...etc for the rest of the year. A lot of them have kids and its hard to make it. I guess thats the sacrifice that they have to make to be fighters but it seems like they're getting ripped off considering how much the UFC makes off of these fights.

I think Franklin was saying that his biggest gripe is that a lot of these fighters only have a certain amount of years to fight and then they're done. When you're worrking at a company for a X amount of years you earn money towards a pension, 401k ..etc. In the UFC you dont. So for a lot of those guys who fight in the UFC during their prime years its not worth it for them because once they're no longer able to compete they dont have some career to fall back on.
3/21/10 6:02 AM
MacNYC
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn, that kinda sucks that with all Rich Franklin has done he's worried about money...I remember he was stuck with low pa y for a long time with a long-term (8 fight?) contract, he must have made millions in PPVs though...no?
3/21/10 6:10 AM
Chappie
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for later.
3/21/10 6:32 AM
cape

do people watch things before they comment on them?  The first thing he said was that HE has been taken care of has done well.  It's the people who aren't the top 1% who are unable to retire after fighting based solely on their winnings in the sport.  Meanwhile, bench warmers in other sports make half a mil a year.

He's saying he'd like to see that change.  Can any of you really find any fault in that?!
3/21/10 6:38 AM
Steve4192
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming - This interview was conducted when?

3/21/10 7:02 AM
Macedawgg
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/21/10 7:03 AM
 LOL at these posts.

We have been provided with example after example of what happens if a fighter complains in public. 

3 years ago, the posts would have been, "what are you talking about, the fighters don't complain, they are all happy!" 

Then came some very public disputes with top stars. . .

Fact--fighters don't complain in public because they fear repercussions.  Speak with them in private--the story is almost uniformly the same. 

Do not assume public silence is equivalent with satisfaction.  It isn't.  

3/21/10 7:42 AM
ihitpeople

fuck you dana you cheap cunt
3/21/10 9:37 AM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

Edited: 03/21/10 9:40 AM
this is great. trying to make like poor poor rich franklin just got fucked!!!

a 4 year old interview, and people are feeling sorry for rich? let's get something straight here, rich did JUST FINE in the UFC. and SINCE that interview, he had fights at UFC 64,68,72,77,83,93,99 and 103 of which included a title fight (loss of course)

this whole movie is a joke, and has failed badly in what they'd hoped it would do.

Since it's all failed, now they're just trying to snag sound bytes and gain false interest in things that aren't even valid.

I mean christ, when did TUF get huge? what year? hmmm... and what's the pay scale now compared to then? hmmm.... exactly
3/21/10 9:44 AM
cape

Edited: 03/21/10 9:46 AM
@Justinmacd,  are you actually arguing that fighters shouldn't make enough money in their career to retire on??  So you want a bunch of dudes in the UFC with full time jobs they still have to report to as well, and then like 8 guys at the top who can afford to just concentrate on fighting? 
That's a GREAT way for fighters to improve and the sport to evolve.

3/21/10 10:15 AM
Brock75thRanger

id be shocked if Rich doesnt get itleast 100k per fight,2 fights a year thats 200k,say he wins 1 he gets the double bonus so hes looking at 300k a year-taxes and medical expenses i think its safe to say he clears close to 200k a year,this is without sponsorships figured in.

3/21/10 10:20 AM
Brock75thRanger

cape - @Justinmacd,  are you actually arguing that fighters shouldn't make enough money in their career to retire on??  So you want a bunch of dudes in the UFC with full time jobs they still have to report to as well, and then like 8 guys at the top who can afford to just concentrate on fighting? 
That's a GREAT way for fighters to improve and the sport to evolve.

There is a difference between making enough as a fighter to live on while your fighting to where you dont have to work a full time job,and a fighter making enough money to retire forever,do i think a ufc fighter should be able to retire forever? Not really,live comfortably while you fight,yes,retire forever,no
3/21/10 10:26 AM
billcosbiguez

400,000 ppv buys x $55 = $22000000

the fighters can be paid more.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.