UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Renzo: I have a homefield advantage everywhere

3/21/10 4:10 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Ron Kruck welcomed Renzo Gracie into Kruck’s Korner to talk about his upcoming fight with Matt Hughes at UFC 112 and why some fans want him to teach Hughes a lesson, his relationship with Dana White before Dana was Dana and the current state of MMA.

3/21/10 6:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
adamwj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome interview... Renzo has a true Warrior Spirit!
3/21/10 7:21 PM
EKPOGI
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont care who wins but i only want someone to win via a finish and not a decision.like itll be badass for Hughes to sub Renzo,or Renzo to KO Hughes.
3/21/10 7:52 PM
BJJDaddy

inf0 - 

Well I must be in the minority because I want Hughes to just destroy Renzo..

Renzo = forces of good
 Hughes = pure evil

The choice is simple.
3/21/10 7:52 PM
TapouT24

hahaha I loved the part when he says How did they know I became a US citizen last week?
3/21/10 8:16 PM
torquemada
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the UAE, it's crazy how pro-Renzo that crowd will be. I'd humbly recommend Hughes show some good sportsmanship win or lose. Renzo is truly beloved there...
3/21/10 8:19 PM
guardbr8kr

Awesome! Thanks
3/21/10 8:24 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
1906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is one inspirational mofo.
3/21/10 8:27 PM
obi1

What a great guy, super interview.

When Renzo talks about Matt HUghes and how he first remembers him, you could see a fodness for him remembering what Hughes was like as a youngster coming up in the sport. ITs amazing how everyone really liked Matt at one point, and that soured. HE was one of the guys that i really thought the world of, when i first started watching MMA, and to be honest we never really know these guys, but i always appreciated Matts hard work ethic, humbleness, and respect. Somewhere i think Matt lost a piece of that.
3/21/10 8:32 PM
marcelo giudici

I know that Renzo must be training hard ms very hard. he is a fighter very responsible and focused. Only regret not being at his side ra assist in their training, because I know very well help, especially in strategy in the fight. I am a great strategist, I studied several fights Matt Hughes know exactly how to win this fight! I will do my best to help . I know he can and will win!!

Marcelo Giudici.
3/21/10 8:39 PM
ninja316
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how can anyone on the planet not watch or listen to renzo...and not like the guy and want to be around him. his attitude and philosphy is contagious.
3/21/10 9:26 PM
truthisalive
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/21/10 9:27 PM
RENZO!!! (in my random PRIDEFC solo crowd scream while everyone else is silent)
3/22/10 4:56 PM
leothelion

Great interview...very honorable man...I did'nt realize that in his fight againest the Judoka Spiker years ago that Spiker was talking major amounts of smack...although I do think Renzo's stepping on Spikers throat was uncalled for... althought I can understand Renzo's reason for doing....I think it would be great to attend a seminar with him.... real entertaining...
3/22/10 5:02 PM
ShanTheMan
622 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should finish what Serra almost started
3/22/10 5:18 PM
paw
1310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/22/10 5:33 PM
Hessian
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 
Gracie BJJ - 
inf0 - 

Well I must be in the minority because I want Hughes to just destroy Renzo..

Yes you are, Hughes loses. Renzo has a great attitude and way too much heart to lose to Hughes.
Hughes by destruction.. BJJ guys are like Trekkies... Jesus christ.. Renzo has done nothing his entire MMA career which suggests he should even be in the same cage with Hughes.

+ 0.5 I'm kind of with you on the experience gap in MMA terms. Interesting fight at least. All I hope for is a good fight from them and for both of them.
3/22/10 6:00 PM
s98ronin

inf0 -
Hughes by destruction.. BJJ guys are like Trekkies... Jesus christ.. Renzo has done nothing his entire MMA career which suggests he should even be in the same cage with Hughes.

LOL at the ignorance. Renzo has wins over HWs like Taktarov and Mo Smith, LHWs like Kikuta and MWs like Pat Miletich and Frank Shamrock...
3/22/10 6:42 PM
dc1000
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NarlyPersianDude - Incredible guy. One of the most uplifting guys ever. Fan of the fighter, and fan of the man.

+1
3/22/10 8:32 PM
PeterIrl
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo nearly took a prime Sak the distance, nuff said.
3/22/10 8:38 PM
cincibill

May as well do Renzo vs. Rich Franklin while we are at it.
3/22/10 8:41 PM
cincibill

inf0 - <p>Well I must be in the minority because I want Hughes to just destroy Renzo..
 </p>

Me too.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.