UnderGround Forums

Indiana Underground >> Will ANYONE in INDIANA fight Lapsley 155-185?

3/23/10 2:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
eccpromoter
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok guys. The LFC is looking for opponents for Anthony "The Recipe" Lapsley. He will fight ANYONE in the state of INDIANA from 155-185. So hows that challenge?
So to get this straight, he will fight down or up a weight class just to prove he is the BEST fighter in the state not in the BIG show.

Just so you guys know, he just won this past weekend at 185 beating a really tough former Ultimate Fighter Dave Mewborn. He is in shape and training in a gym for the first time in his life.

He is in the process of going to 155 permanently. After a couple fights there he WILL be in one of the MAJOR organizations. In the mean time he would like to show all of his home state fans why he is the BEST unsigned prospect in the state.

So someone step up and give the LFC boys a call and lets put the BRAGGING rights on the line.
3/23/10 10:13 AM
franchisemma
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lapsley at 155 is devastating news for any Lightweight contender.
3/23/10 11:28 AM
Balls magee
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lapsley vs Kinser!!! There ya go real American:) that's one I'm sure alot of fans would love to see!!!
3/23/10 10:59 PM
George O'Dell

Edited: 03/23/10 11:00 PM
 Carlo Prater rematch.  
3/23/10 11:09 PM
Shire
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hhmmm....got me thinking...
3/24/10 1:43 AM
Balls magee

Lapsley vs Kinser!!!!!!! Make it happen..
3/24/10 2:30 AM
eccpromoter

We will take the Prater rematch ANY day. Although, hes not from IN. I hope you have all watched the 1st fight between them. Lapsley was HORRIBLY robbed in Prater's home state the fans even booed the decision.

As for Kinser, he is a BEAST, but cannot beat Laps at this point in his career. Camp is doing a great job with him and im sure would agree this is NOT a smart fight for him at this time.
3/24/10 3:03 PM
King of Fort Wayne
407 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rematch with Pat Heidenreich, perhaps?
3/24/10 10:34 PM
eccpromoter

LOL....yes please and thank you

Can Pat make 185?
3/25/10 4:41 AM
eccpromoter

LOL... Well lets see. That was Anthony's FIRST ammy fight in 2006 and Pat had been fighting since 1999. Pat was a pro and fought an ammy Lapsley that had NEVER been in a gym or new anything about MMA. He was a great wrestler that took the AMMY fight to get involved in the sport.

All that being said Anthony DOES train now and has experience in MMA. So lets do the rematch and see how it turns out.

I bet the LFC would be willing to pay ALOT more than $400. Hell, I bet a local Ft. Wayne show would do great with this fight.

In fact, Lapsley said he will do a WINNER take all fight so if he lost the promoter wouldnt owe him a penny.
3/25/10 6:00 PM
strikersupreme

Todd Brown would beat him easily...
3/25/10 6:25 PM
strikersupreme

And yes Todd can make 185..but Im pretty sure you know better than to take that fight
3/25/10 6:34 PM
eccpromoter

Well call me stupid but YES we will GLADLY take that fight.
3/25/10 6:40 PM
strikersupreme

I'd never be disrespectful  like that ... That being said I stand by my earlier statement I dont think Lapsley is In Brown's  league..
3/25/10 7:22 PM
eccpromoter

Well thank you for that. Unfortunately, thats a trait not found by many posters on here.

However, I think Laps has faced way better competition than Todd and it would carry him through to the W.

But really, the only way to find out is let em get at it.
3/25/10 7:45 PM
strikersupreme

No comment on the posters here ( I dont want them coming after me lol)
Um let's see Rick Roofus & CT Turner. I dont think Laps has beat anyone  in that league.
Todd's only Loss was a close decision to Josh Hendricks.

If the money is decent I am sure Todd will take this fight

3/25/10 9:27 PM
George O'Dell

The reason I posted about the Prater fight was because of how the first one went.  Good fight, but definetly needs to be run back.  He is in Texas and in fight shape right now.  If anyone is looking to make that fight happen, contact Nate out of Ken Pavia's office.  Shoot me a message if you need the number, I'd post it but then when one of you fucking retards call about fighting in the UFC because you won an internet battle, they wouldn't answer the phone when I call anymore.

3/25/10 9:28 PM
strikersupreme

Edited: 03/25/10 9:29 PM
 Pat's a smart guy he has a good career I wouldnt fight if I were him...

Now that Jay Luce character If I were him I'd fight all the time :)

3/25/10 9:38 PM
KOBKPJH

For the record....
My competitive fighting days are over.  A rematch with Anthony will never happen so put it to rest.  I have a family and career that I can not risk injury;  that takes precedence over fighting.  Anthony is a professional fighter that makes his living off doing so.  Me, I do it more of a hobby to keep in shape.  Taking a fight against an opponent of Anthony's caliber would not be a smart move at this point in my life, given my limited training schedule and other priorities.  I'm glad things are going well for Anthony and wish him all the best and hope to see him in the big shows soon.

Pat Heidenreich
3/25/10 11:56 PM
King of Fort Wayne
407 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, Luce, you're violent.   Haha.
3/26/10 12:32 AM
eccpromoter

Edited: 03/26/10 12:35 AM
Strikersupreme...
"Um let's see Rick Roofus & CT Turner. I dont think Laps has beat anyone in that league. Todd's only Loss was a close decision to Josh Hendricks."

Not to be rude but Ive been managing fighters and promoting fights longer than ANYONE in the state and Ive NEVER heard of CT Turner until just now. And a guy with a 3-2 record in my opinion is not a High Caliber guy...nothing against CT.

As for Rick Roufus he WAS a phenomenal kickboxer but not a great MMA fighter. Lapsley has wins over Tyler Stinson, Kyle Gibbon, Dave Mewborn, Jamie Jara, Mike Stumpf, Ryan Williams and thats just off the top of my head. Not to mention he was the KOTC WORLD CHAMP at 170.

Check ANY of the aforementioned names and compare to the guys you listed and I will bet you its not CLOSE....

Pat H.....
Very nice and classy post. Thank you for your response!!
3/26/10 7:46 AM
strikersupreme

Ouch Thanks Jay guess you read the post wrong it was meant as a compliment but  it's cool  ... I hear you

3/26/10 8:01 AM
strikersupreme

Edited: 03/26/10 8:10 AM
 Some tough Guys On Lapsleys list ... Now I am really interested to see if these guys can fight ! Hope some one can make it happen... I dont want to get beat on anymore I am out lol

3/26/10 9:30 AM
jotabrav0
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow VanTeeth, that was a pretty cold post.

ecc... you really think putting your boy who is on his way to 155 against an opponent that fights at 205 and has more fights would be a smart move? All your 'years' of promoting should tell you that this would not be a smart move unless you are just looking for your meager cut.

Wisniewski is fighting again, you ought to set something up against a veteran like that. That would make for a real ticket seller. Shamar Bailey would be another good one to see with Anthony.

How much are you paying for someone to fight him? Im sure if you are offering a decent payday guys will line up.
3/26/10 3:48 PM
eccpromoter

jotabrav0..."ecc... you really think putting your boy who is on his way to 155 against an opponent that fights at 205 and has more fights would be a smart move? All your 'years' of promoting should tell you that this would not be a smart move unless you are just looking for your meager cut."

LOLOLOLOL...As for the weight he walks about 177 and just fought last week at 185. The former Ultimate fighter opponent Dave Mewborn was 6'4" 210 by fight time. So as long as a guy makes 185 it doesnt matter what he cuts from. Anthony is just THAT GOOD.

I wish it were merely about my CUT. However, since you dont know me and obviously dont know Laps, let me enlighten you.

He has several children and this is his ONLY means of livelihood. So he needs to fight often to survive. The LFC wants him to fight yet NO ONE in the state wants to fight him at his normal weight of 170. So I thought I would open it up a little to help find an opponent. He is UNDEFEATED at 185lbs and can cut all the way to 155.

Once again if you didnt catch it the first few times...he will fight ANYONE in the state at those weights.

Lastly, get your facts straight next time before you want to take a low blow at me or just get back under the table.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.