UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Serra thinks GSP will beat Hardy

3/24/10 2:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the geek
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was watching this weeks episode of MMA Connected and at the end of the episode they showed a clip of various fighters and who they think will win, GSP or Hardy. One of those fighters was Serra and he said that he thinks GSP will win. It is most likely footage from before he was helping Hardy but it sure interesting.
3/24/10 3:29 AM
the geek
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh Yeah, he thinks it will come via GNP.
3/24/10 7:54 AM
Archer0545
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Serra is correct.
3/24/10 8:18 AM
Morgz
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/24/10 8:18 AM
 Heard him on Tapoutlive (3.22 episode) and I'm pretty sure his mind is changed.  He didn't make an outright "prediction" as that is not how the interview went, but from all the talking they did about Hardy and Serra training with him, you definately get the gist the Serra is very confident Hardy is going to "shock the world". 
3/25/10 8:30 AM
Ansari
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I caught this last night. It was obviously filmed before Hardy started training with Serra but hilarious nonetheless.
3/25/10 9:18 AM
Mister Bri
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's pretty funny. I'm sure he's revised his prediction since then, but he's biased now. Serra's felt GSP's ability, which is probably why he hasn't clamored for a rematch.
3/25/10 1:20 PM
anunaki
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

funny thing is, if hardy gets destroyed (which he will)

Serra still gets to be the ONLY one who shocked the world.

3/25/10 1:22 PM
Mechanical Bull

anunaki - funny thing is, if hardy gets destroyed (which he will)

Serra still gets to be the ONLY one who shocked the world.

this
3/25/10 2:11 PM
Morgz
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you people really think Serra does not want a rubber match you are either mistaken or uniformed.  He's stated multiple times he'd love to do it again.  He's stated he knows he made a few mistakes in the loss and feels they can be corrected and he come out victorious. 

I hope he continues his winning ways and get's that opportunity.  With any luck it will be in NY.
3/25/10 2:44 PM
Mc6pack

lol, that looks really bad on Serra. As people have said, it must be pre training.
3/25/10 2:46 PM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

Morgz -  If you people really think Serra does not want a rubber match you are either mistaken or uniformed.  He's stated multiple times he'd love to do it again.  He's stated he knows he made a few mistakes in the loss and feels they can be corrected and he come out victorious. 

I hope he continues his winning ways and get's that opportunity.  With any luck it will be in NY.

of course he wants it. he'd have to earn it though, and that's just not going to happen. there's no demand for Mat serra out there.
3/25/10 2:56 PM
demonbasketball04
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Serra isn't asking for any fights right now.

Set him up with Alves, if he can't beat Alves, he certainly doesn't deserve a rubber match with GSP.
3/25/10 3:07 PM
Morgz

demonbasketball04 - Matt Serra isn't asking for any fights right now.
 Where do you get this from?  LOL.
3/25/10 4:10 PM
FightScientist

Most people who train with Dan, change their opinion of him very fast. Originally Serra thought he would lose, but after watching him and training with him it is pretty obvious that he has changed his opinion and truly believes it.
3/25/10 5:17 PM
jaseprobst
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Serra could lose ten times in a row to GSP and still want another fight. Most fighters are like that -- it's what makes them fighters and the rest of us, well, not fighters.

Besides, he had some back injuries coming into that one and other stuff that limited his training. Ray Longo himself told me this. So take everything with a grain of salt...Serra's a scrapper and he will always be ready to battle anyone.
3/25/10 5:28 PM
TheBear228
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're kidding yourself if you think Matt Serra objectively could think Dan Hardy will win. He's either being politically and socially correct to someone he is on friendly terms with and just helped, or he lets his personal relationships cloud his judgement.

What's Matt going to say, honestly? "Gee guys, I just showed Hardy some really good stuff - but he still is going to get worked over?" Anything he says contrary to Hardy being the victor at this point is going to seem like a slap in the face to Hardy.
3/25/10 5:37 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP= training with Renzo

Hardy= training With Serra

No matter who wins, Winner= Team Renzo!!!! Whats the problem

hehe
3/26/10 1:03 AM
lookoutawhale
1050 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

at 22:06

Who will win between GSP and Hardy?

Serra: GSP, ground and pound.

3/26/10 1:21 AM
FightScientist

That video was prior to him training with Dan. Now, I know that when you train with a guy that is the obligatory response... in this case I know this first hand, but I also know first hand, that everyone's opinion of the guy changes when they train with him. Dan is very impressive. I of course hope he wins. I am rooting for him... but I honestly believe he has more than a punchers chance. He is much better than people seem to think. Of course he is the underdog, no one is saying that, but i think he has a very good chance of "shocking the world".  I really think in Serra's case it is more than the obligatory "I have to say the guy who I trained with". I really think he may be convinced as I am that Dan has got a real chance.
3/26/10 6:16 PM
the geek

TheBear228 - You're kidding yourself if you think Matt Serra objectively could think Dan Hardy will win. He's either being politically and socially correct to someone he is on friendly terms with and just helped, or he lets his personal relationships cloud his judgement.

What's Matt going to say, honestly? "Gee guys, I just showed Hardy some really good stuff - but he still is going to get worked over?" Anything he says contrary to Hardy being the victor at this point is going to seem like a slap in the face to Hardy.

This.
Bear I firmly believe this is what's happening here. Nothing wrong with it, it's human nature to let a friendship (new or old) cloud your judgment.
3/26/10 7:25 PM
HELWIG

Didnt like that the Serra/GSP rematch was so soon after Serra's back injury layoff.
3/26/10 7:34 PM
The_Spider
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Makes me wonder how GSP will look in the octagon tomorrow night after his layoff.
3/26/10 7:45 PM
the geek

I'm just excited to watch. I'm a huge GSP fanboy but I like Hardy as well. I think he's being rushed into a title fight to get the Brits on board with the UFC global domination plan and I think it's a great business plan. Hardy's no shrub and may pull of the upset but I don't see that happening.
3/26/10 9:30 PM
HULKSMASH
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HELWIG -  Didnt like that the Serra/GSP rematch was so soon after Serra's back injury layoff.

And the rematch being in Canada was a bit fugazi. I've been to a ton of UFCs and nothing came close to the deafening crowd I heard at the weigh-ins & event.
3/26/10 10:08 PM
ShadoKhan
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can't wait can't wait!

I hope GSP stretches him out!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.