UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Update on my background check thread - not good..

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/24/10 11:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KenFlo321
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The details from my original (Question about background check for Canadians..) has changed somewhat and it is not looking good imo. I got called today by the contract house who will be representing me. Anyways being that I will be working in Canada and that I am a Canadian, I will be going through a Canadian based contract house thus no need for a work (TN Visa). I sent my information to the Canadian contract house and as I said above, I got a call back today. A background check was done by a third party and the contract house was told that I had 'something' on my record and that I would need to be fingerprinted and this information would have to be sent to Ottawa for further evaluation which may take 2 months to process! I told the contract house that I was in process of getting a pardon done back 2 years ago (and f me for not finishing this process btw) and that I had fingerprints done and I do have this information at my house. I also have a police report indicating my charges. My question is why would they want my fingerprints? This shit happened over 10 years ago. Any suggestions? I feel my chances for this good paying job is decreasing by the day. Thanks for any advice..
3/24/10 1:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jbapk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fingerprints are often asked for detailed police background checks, if you were fingerprinted when you were arrested they cross check to make you're the right person.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.