UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Best way to sell my Tele?

3/25/10 12:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
whaledog
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/25/10 12:22 PM

I have a telecaster I need to sell (I just bought a new tele to replace it).

It's an American Deluxe Ash Tele with some mods.  Is it better to sell it with the mods or return it back to 100% stock?

(I can turn it back to 100% stock b/c I kept all the parts and I didn't make any holes/cuts in the body).  

Here's a picture of a stock deluxe ash tele:

On my guitar I upgraded with a Duncan '59 humbucker in the neck, a Di Marzio Area-T pickup in the bridge, a Glendale bridge (which is a pretty big upgrade IMO) and Callaham enhanced compensated brass saddles.  The s-1 switches have been swapped out for traditional knobs/switches - except that the humbucker can be split with a push-pull pot on the tone knob.

The guitars is as close to new-condition as you can get. It's hardly been played. 

Here's a lo-res cell phone picture of my guitar (which is all I have at the moment):

I'm about to pu this up on eBay. Do I spend the money to get it back to stock then sell the updraged parts separately, or should I sell it as-is?

3/26/10 2:59 PM
Racer X
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tough question. I suppose it depends how much you'd spend returning it to stock. That bridge was probably pricey, making it tough to add to the price of the guitar.

It's like hot rodding a car. You can spend a bucket of money, but when it comes time to sell it those mods don't figure as much into the price.

I think I'd return it to stock and sell the parts, but I don't ebay sell so I haven't a clue how involved that is.
3/26/10 4:42 PM
whaledog
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the advice! 
4/10/10 10:47 AM
Hillbilly
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beautiful, but a little more guitar than I can afford. I`m afraid I`m destined for a MIM tele..
11/26/10 11:32 PM
DonkeyKick215
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought a squier classic vibe tele on the cheap.

I think Ive caught the telecaster bug
11/27/10 6:33 PM
whaledog

DonkeyKick215 - I bought a squier classic vibe tele on the cheap.

I think Ive caught the telecaster bug
Congrats.  The guys on the Tele forum rave about the CVC. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.