UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> Fred Blum/Bazum?

3/27/10 9:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
1armedScissor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone have any information about Fred Blum/Bazum?  ie - Rank, Lineage, etc.  Thanks in advance.
3/28/10 1:20 AM
4Fingers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Contact Dan Cherubin at cherubin jiu jitsu. Dan fought him in japan and I think stays in contact so should be able to help.
3/28/10 2:22 AM
dojo stormer
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fred is a Gracie Barra black belt and has travelled and trained all over the world, recently he was in california, america with renato babalu, flavio almeida and the other GB America team.

he was with Marcelo Rezende in Sydney for a few months before starting up Gracie Barra Alice Springs which has been growing at an enormous rate.

he will be in sydney at GB Sydney headquarters for a few weeks training. i think he arrives today, sunday mar 28.

he had a match with kron gracie at brown belt which can be viewed on youtube still i believe
3/28/10 7:56 AM
walbjj
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

having trained with fred blum at gb sydney, i can say that he is a very experienced and excellent bjj practitioner and instructor.
his teaching style is very clear and succinct, he demonstrates positions effectively and with good detail.
he is also excellent on the mat, he has a very dominant top game
3/28/10 1:02 PM
1armedScissor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Right on.  Thanks guys.

Did he start Gracie Barra Alice Springs by himself or with others?  Is it just a Jiu Jitsu school or do they teach other disciplines as well?  Thanks again.
3/29/10 9:37 AM
walbjj
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/30/10 8:36 AM
he was asked to head up a bjj school in the alice by a dedicated martial artist that wanted to provide something for the residents there.<br />the owner of the gym apparently lives on a golf resort there and it is a fitness centre with plenty of room for other activities, he wanted a high level bjj guy to start a bjj club. he contacted marcelo rezende and it was good fortune that fred blum came at that time

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.