UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> MLS 2010 - We Call it Soccer

4/6/10 3:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Extendo
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Easy then, keep it in the Dominion. Toronto FC.

Plus the food will be closer to home if you come visit. Scotch eggs, curry chips, chip butties, etc.

Some Liverpool fans follow the Revs because of Nicol, but the rumour is he may head back once Rafa is tossed.
4/7/10 12:01 PM
invalid
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bah, you're biased ;)

I recommend FC Dallas because nobody else supports them. Not even Dallas.
4/7/10 12:26 PM
melvins
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toronto FC is the one with pretty much the most passionate fans in MLS isn't it? Danny Dichio used to play for them?

I may well go with them.
4/7/10 12:27 PM
invalid
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You sonofabitch
4/7/10 1:40 PM
Extendo
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/07/10 1:48 PM
lol @ FC Dallas! And admittedly, I am biased.

Toronto, Columbus, Seattle and Chicago all have some pretty passionate fans although the ones from Chicago are prone to setting themselves alight.

Supporting Toronto is fun since relegation doesn't exist yet in this league!

melvins, Dichio played three seasons for TFC and scored their first goal ever. Here is a clip of the goal and the fan reaction. The flying things are seat covers they handed out that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhXLf2zkhGA

Dichio is now an assistant coach and focuses a lot on the academy.
4/9/10 6:46 AM
invalid

Here's a cliff's notes version of teams for you:

If you like wearing plaid, having a beard, and the color of puke then Seattle is for you. If you like all those things but also want to drive a Suburu Outback then just wait until Portland enters the league.

Vancouver will have good smoke.

San Jose looks like smurfs. They play like it, too.

Los Angeles... lol.

Dallas used to be known as The Burn. I am not even kidding.

Kansas City has good BBQ and a lot of meth. Two fine things.

New England is for masochists. They are owned by the Kraft family, who make it a higher priority to own The Patriots (American Football) and shitty cheese.

Columbus is all that is holy.

Chivas is owned by the Mexican team. Por que ganar?

Philadelpia is the newest team, so you'd be getting in on the ground floor. It's also a lovely place to get shot.

New York has a shiny new place to play and is owned by an energy drink that probably give you cancer. Watching their first 14 years of existence actually did give people eye cancer.

Don't listen to Extendo regarding Toronto; he's just afraid the Mummy will get him.

Houston is always good because they stole a winning team from San Jose when the team said "fuck this, I'm out" Nobody thought they were serious.

DC United is always talking about the good ol' days.

Salt Lake City is full of Mormons and low alcohol beer. You do not want those things, especially not at the same time.

Chicago is pretty much evil. Just ask griz. It's true about lighting themselves on Fire.

Columbus still is all that is holy.

I'm not funny.

Hope that helps!

4/9/10 9:06 AM
Extendo

That was an awesome write-up, invalid. MLS history and tour guide of North America all in one.
4/9/10 9:30 PM
grizz632
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evil? Perhaps...but it's fun to be evil. Setting ourselves on fire is significantly less fun however. Still, all are welcome on the Chicago Fire bandwagon. In McBride we trust!

I do agree with invalid about Toronto though. The fear of Imhotep compels extendo to recruit for TFC...

4/11/10 7:56 PM
stinkman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/12/10 10:30 PM
^^^^^^ Haha nice pics ^^^^^^

Anyone see the Philly/DC game the other night? How in the fuck did they let that second DC goal stand? Moreno basically robbed the keeper of the ball and then scored. Philly still got the win despite the horrendous error. Great game and a great atmosphere.

Added a link of the highlights;

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0jHRWx0wIo
4/13/10 12:35 PM
invalid

http://www.mlssoccer.com/content/referees-director-moreno-goal-should-not-have-stood

Head referee director argues that it should not have counted.

It was funny, though.
4/15/10 12:29 PM
invalid

looking forward to the Toronto-Phily game tonight. All the other weekday games have been on too late for me to watch live.

After watching my team piss away a win on the road for a 93 minute tying goal, I could use some more soccer :/
4/16/10 12:06 PM
Extendo

Ugly win, but I'll take it. When they announced the head ref as Toledo I thought we were screwed.

The addition of grass certainly made the game a lot more enjoyable to watch.

Perhaps the funniest thing all game was at half time there were several Philly players warming up and taking shots on goal, so they turned the sprinklers on them.
4/16/10 12:16 PM
Pinback
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Extendo - 
Perhaps the funniest thing all game was at half time there were several Philly players warming up and taking shots on goal, so they turned the sprinklers on them.

lol

But, seriously...what was Califf thinking? Between him and Seitz, that was just a straight up mess.
4/16/10 1:08 PM
stinkman

I hope Philly will be looking to upgrade over Seitz...guy is a disaster every week.
4/16/10 7:59 PM
melvins
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well, thus far, ESPN UK has shown ZERO MLS this season, and none scheduled at the moment. probably due to Beckham being injured, they think people won't want to watch it. They'll probably start showing some once the Hockey/B-Ball post-season is over. I hope so anyway!
4/17/10 12:20 PM
Extendo

I suspect they will pick it up after the transfer window and a few more big names come over.
4/27/10 9:09 AM
invalid

LOL Kei Kamara's miss is on the front page of Yahoo. Google it if you have no idea what I'm talking about.
4/27/10 4:07 PM
stinkman

The funniest thing about it was his reaction...like he had no idea why they would take away the goal.
4/28/10 8:47 AM
invalid

haha - it definitely adds to the holy shit factor.

Like he thought it would cover up the replays on it or something.
4/28/10 3:09 PM
Extendo

Just caught that now. Hilarious.
5/7/10 12:51 AM
RKing85
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that is going to be on blooper reels for decades to come. That was sad/great
5/7/10 8:11 AM
invalid

It seriously might be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Makes it even better that he's a complete dickhead, too.

My boys played like garbage the majority of the game in Seattle last weekend, but pulled away with a 1-1 tie. Now we host New England who just got destroyed 4-0 at home to Chivas, so I'm going to be pretty upset if our first loss this year is at home to a gimped side.
5/7/10 9:55 AM
invalid

Oh, Montreal is official as of today
5/7/10 10:28 AM
Extendo

This is so awesome for the game in Canada. I love weekends in Montreal, and the rivalry is already intense.

Not sure if you had a chance to catch the first Montreal game for that Nutralite Championship. Rough game. Nick Garcia got dropped with a one-two combo, and Harden had his shin opened up by Jordan's studs. I think they said about 25 stitches.
5/7/10 11:25 AM
invalid

I saw the punch on youtube. It was surreal.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.