UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> MLS 2010 - We Call it Soccer

5/7/10 12:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Extendo
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's kind of funny. No one wants him on the pitch in the first place, so he is playing up his concussion. Admittedly, he did look really rattled.

By far, getting punched, drawing the red and penalty, and injuring himself has been the best thing that he has done since putting on a TFC jersey.
5/7/10 12:35 PM
invalid
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol that's funny to hear. he was always a thug in KC, so I loved seeing that clip.

A few years ago Andy Herron elbowed Jay Heaps and knocked him on queer street. I fucking hate Jay Heaps, but I also hated Herron, so it was kind of weird cheering for the red card to our team as well as Jay Heaps with that "where the fuck am I" look on his face
5/19/10 8:39 AM
invalid
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Henry is official to New York; even Barca's website is reporting it.

Fuck, him and Juan Pablo Angel up top? Scary.
5/19/10 11:15 AM
Extendo
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm excited for the league but this could get brutal.
5/19/10 2:05 PM
Extendo

CONCACAF Champions League draws are supposed to be out but I can't find anything on them yet.
5/20/10 6:53 AM
invalid

Here we go:

Group A
Real Salt Lake (USA)
Arabe Unido (PAN)
San Francisco/Cruz Azul winner
Toronto-Vancouver/Motagua winner

Group B
Columbus Crew (USA)
Municipal (GUA)
San Juan Jabloteh/Santos-Toluca (Mexican Clausura runner-up) winner
Brujas/Joe Public winner

Group C
Monterrey (MEX)
Saprissa (CRC)
Seattle/Central America 12 winner
Tauro/Marathon winner

Group D
Santos/Toluca (Mexican Clausura champion)
Olimpia (HON)
Los Angeles Galaxy/Puerto Rico Islanders winner
Central America 11/Xelaju winner

-----

5/20/10 7:08 AM
Extendo

Toronto and Vancouver drew last night so we are not there yet. Funny thing is we get Amado Guevara's team if we advance. Only reason he left is him and Preki hate each other.

Wasn't really plan on an August trip to Honduras but we'll see.
5/21/10 1:28 PM
invalid

lol Pires turned down Philadelphia's offer saying he'd only play for a beautiful city such as Chicago, LA, or NY, not a small one like Philly LOL

Nowak's response:

""I will say some have very little understanding of the rules of the league and its single-entity structure," said Union manager Peter Nowak, a former star in Europe. "People need to understand the rules before they open their mouth. Also, I think he is looking at cities like Chicago, New York, Miami and Los Angeles and thinking Philly is a small town compared to them. There are a lot of guys [who think] like this, where except the four major [cities], they don't know much about the U.S.

"When you come to the U.S., you are trying to mold and improve the game as much as possible. [Former MLS] players like myself, Marco Etcheverry, [Carlos "El Pibe"] Valderrama and [current D.C. United's] Jaime Moreno realized that they aren't just here to better their team but to help raise the profile of the sport. Mr. Pires is supposed to come here and promote soccer, not worrying about being in a vacation resort in some 'beautiful' city."

BAM Nowak Slap! lol
5/21/10 9:09 PM
stinkman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robert Pires can go fuck himself.
5/22/10 2:36 PM
RKing85
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Garcia has been given the captains armband in today's game against the Revolution.

I speak for all TFC fans in saying, WTF!?!?!?!?!
5/23/10 9:50 AM
Extendo

Edited: 05/23/10 11:00 AM
Yeah that was a shocker especially since we were playing at home, but hey, another three points. I think what Preki is trying to prove/instill is that it shouldn't matter all that much who has the C band. Everyone just has to work equally and things will be alright.

Any clue what Shalrie Joseph was in rehab for? I thought that was hilarious that when announcing his name they mentioned that he had just come out of the league substance abuse program.
5/24/10 9:17 AM
invalid

No idea, but if I were to speculate given his "altercation" at some bar where he missed like 5 games getting his hand sliced nearly the fuck off in some bar fight, I'd say alcohol is his way of coping with playing for New England.

Glad he's back, though. Hell of a player.

For all the hate, Preki seems to have you guys on a roll now. Garcia can still fuck himself, though lol.
5/24/10 10:54 AM
Extendo

Oh man, I hadn't heard about the hand incident. That's crazy.

Yeah Preki seems to have things shaping up okay, but I still recall going on a six game win streak last year after Carver headed back to England and Cummins took over. Then all went to hell.

Preki at least has some proven experience so we'll see. People are optimistic at least.

You guys are on some kind of tear right now. Can't wait to you see you and LA play.
5/24/10 12:31 PM
invalid

haha yea it was either last year or the previous one where the PR people said he was knocked over by 5 guys in a fight (of course he wasn't involved in their version) while at a bar, fell, and landing on some glass.

Personally I think drunken knife fight is way better publicity for the league.
5/25/10 12:23 PM
invalid

Boca Juniors beat by LA 1-0

New York beat Juventus 3-1

Yea, THAT New York.
5/25/10 5:08 PM
RKing85
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man is the East ever weak this year. West coud very easily have 6 of the 8 playoff spots.

Which just goes to prove having two different conferences is pointless and everyone should be in one division.
5/26/10 6:21 AM
invalid

RKing85 - Which just goes to prove having two different conferences is pointless and everyone should be in one division.

As a supporter of an Eastern Conference team doing well I sure miss the old system this year lol
5/27/10 11:18 AM
Pinback
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC United 3 AC Milan 2
Seattle 3 Boca Juniors 0
5/28/10 7:48 AM
invalid

Jesus lol
5/28/10 10:06 AM
Extendo

Some wild results. I haven't been following all the friendlies to see what kind of teams they have been putting out, but it's a good sign.

Turns out Shalrie Joseph got busted for pot.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/soccer/revolution/view.bg?articleid=1257888&srvc=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bostonherald%2Fsports%2Fsoccer+%28Revolution+%26+Soccer+-+BostonHerald.com%29&utm_content=Bloglines

No clue why the link is that large!
5/28/10 10:34 AM
invalid

lol @ busted for pot.

We all thought it was something terrible.

A guy on SomethingAwful bumped into him before any of that was leaked and nobody was sure if he'd play again. He told Shalrie something along the lines of "whatever problems you're dealing with everyone is wishing you the best in getting them past you" or something to which he said "no chance it's happening"

Everyone was all thinking he had major demons or something and he was basically saying he wouldn't play anymore.

But now it's just plain hilarious lol
5/28/10 10:41 AM
Extendo

Agreed, I just assumed weed was accepted in soccer. De Ro looks fried in at least half his interviews.

If they really do two random tests per year I can see a lot of others disappearing for "rehab".
5/28/10 11:07 AM
invalid

I thought so too. How the hell else do you explain Eddie Gaven looking like Eddie Gaven? lol

5/29/10 3:07 AM
RKing85

not like pot helps you in the game of soccer. Don't understand why people get such long suspensions from the world of sport for pot.
5/31/10 9:16 AM
Extendo

Not for the squeamish....Revs keeper Burpo suffers a broken leg against the Energy Drink.

First is a vid of it, second is a vid of stills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuqJOC4eVn0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRl1Xe5Sktc

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.