5/31/10 3:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stinkman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ouch.
6/1/10 9:14 AM
invalid
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could have done without that.

Ugh
6/7/10 10:38 AM
invalid
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goddamnit. My team tied San Jose 2-2 after taking the lead both times.

Then go to Colorado to lose 1-0 despite being up a man.

I know I shouldn't be too down considering it was 3 games in 8 days, one to the West coast then the other at altitude, but damn it stings.

This two week break came at just the right time
6/17/10 12:03 PM
invalid

New England catches a break.

http://blog.revolutionsoccer.net/?p=6950

Welcome back, Steve!

lol

field defeats Ralston via armbar 2nd half
7/14/10 1:12 PM
invalid

Henry joining New York tomorrow
7/14/10 1:39 PM
Extendo
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not a shock since it was rumoured for so long, but still kind of a shock if you know what I mean.

Fucking MLS scheduling though, jesus. Trying to kill all the best players in a league stacking up MLS games, CONCACAF games and this friendly.

2010 MLS All-Star First XI:

Goalkeeper: Donovan Ricketts (Los Angeles Galaxy).

Defenders: Omar Gonzalez (Los Angeles Galaxy), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew), Jamison Olave (Real Salt Lake).

Midfielders: Dwayne De Rosario (Toronto FC), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Marco Pappa (Chicago Fire), Javier Morales (Real Salt Lake), Guillermo Barros Schelotto (Columbus Crew).

Forwards: Edson Buddle (Los Angeles Galaxy), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy).
7/15/10 11:39 AM
Extendo
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

invalid, saw your game yesterday. Was that coordinated drumming or foot stomping that you guys were doing? It was really loud and sounding great.

Kind of like an army of ents marching in.
7/15/10 11:53 AM
invalid

Man, that was a lifeless team we fielded out there. We've had a lot of games the last 17 days, and our coach keeps rolling out the same roster. The funny thing is we have no injuries and some decent depth on the bench (why Renteria doesn't start I will never know).

But yea, I actually missed the game yesterday. I passed out on the couch for like three hours and by the time 6:30 rolled around I just didn't have it in me. Kind of glad I missed it to be honest.

I can see the start of a very downward slide for me team.
7/15/10 1:37 PM
invalid

Edited: 07/15/10 1:39 PM
Oh and this is worth mentioning. Last night some assbag threw a brat (it was Buck a Brat night) at Nielsen, the KC keeper. It hit him in the head.

The dude smiled, took a bite out of it (actually swallowed it, didn't spit it out) and threw it back.

That guy is officially the shit haha. Free pass for life, Mr. Nielsen.
7/16/10 11:04 PM
Extendo

invalid - Oh and this is worth mentioning. Last night some assbag threw a brat (it was Buck a Brat night) at Nielsen, the KC keeper. It hit him in the head.

The dude smiled, took a bite out of it (actually swallowed it, didn't spit it out) and threw it back.

That guy is officially the shit haha. Free pass for life, Mr. Nielsen.

Oh man that's just classic.

I love it when keepers can have a laugh with the opposing fans. It doesn't happen enough in MLS.

Sorensen when he was with Aston Villa is the only keeper I've ever seen break down and laugh at some of the comments and actually clap back for all the stick he was getting. This was during a friendly with TFC.

Sadly he got stretchered off hurting himself on our shoddy turf during a goal kick. He didn't enjoy the jeers so much then and I don't blame him.
7/18/10 12:23 AM
grizz632
637 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let me go on record by saying...Fuck Nery Castillo

That is all
7/18/10 9:22 AM
Extendo

Some of the DP choices are fascinating.
7/19/10 6:43 AM
invalid

That unibrow is fascinating
7/19/10 10:27 AM
grizz632
637 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

invalid - That unibrow is fascinating

It's goddamn creepy is what it is

And for those who don't know the story, here's all you need to know about Nery Castillo:

"On 31 July 2007, Castillo joined Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk on a five-year contract for a fee of €20 million. This became the most expensive transfer for a Ukrainian club to date. Castillo had only played in a few games for Shakhtar when in a league match versus FC Naftovyk-Ukrnafta Okhtyrka, Shakhtar won a penalty kick. Castillo refused to give the ball to official penalty kick-taker Cristiano Lucarelli and took the penalty himself, which was saved. Castillo was immediately substituted from the game. Coach Mircea Lucescu commented "What Castillo did, from a professional point of view, I've never seen anything like it before in my whole life. There will be some measures taken against Castillo". He has not played a game for Shakhtar since."

He only played 12 matches for Shakhtar, was shite in his loan stint at Man Citeh, and did nothing after he was loaned to another Ukranian club last year. He's obviously got some talent if Shakhtar was willing to splash out €20 million on him, but I smell a disaster waiting to happen.

Hopefully it's a Juan Pablo Angel type situation for the Fire, but I'm leaning toward a Luis Angel Landin situation...
7/19/10 12:17 PM
invalid

Jesus. I mean I instictively hate pretty much any El Tri player, but that guy actually deserves it from the sounds of it.

On the other end of the spectrum, Henry was in Columbus this weekend even though he wasn't officially traveling with the team. This dude might be the anti-Beckham. He arrived in a regular Yellow Cab, signed as many autographs for some kids as he could, did some interviews, and basically was a pretty down to Earth and laid back guy from the looks of things. Kind of refreshing.
7/19/10 12:58 PM
grizz632

That's pretty cool stuff about Henry. Too bad he's a Red Bull player and I can't like him...

And I completely agree with you about El Tri players. Unfortunately for me, due to Chicago's huge Mexican population, I have to deal with some of those hated El Tri playing on my club from time to time. I try to keep an open mind though. Some have won me over (Blanco, for example), others have just confirmed my reasons for hating them (Jorge Campos can eat me). We'll see how it goes for Castillo, but his reputation has preceded him and it's not looking good
7/20/10 9:08 AM
invalid

lol
7/21/10 3:05 PM
Extendo

Seattle tells Freddie to Fuck Off?

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/soccer/2010/07/20/ljungberg-free-to-find-his-next-club/
7/22/10 8:23 AM
invalid

Good. That guy went from blue collar to primadonna in a season. Fuck right off, Freddie.

Gotta imagine he's not too great to be around in the locker room.

Last night's Philly/ManU friendly was pretty good. Better than I expected, actually. Philly played their second string the second half and gave up a late goal 1-0. ManU rolled out their youngsters as well.
7/27/10 11:39 AM
invalid

Concacaf Champions League starts tonight.

And I love these big friendlies:

ManU barely beats Philly, a first year team that dominated large stretches of the game. They then lose to KC who played down a man for almost an hour 2-1.

Man City beaten by New York

Our last place team (DC) destroyed Portsmouth
7/27/10 5:41 PM
Extendo

We have a run in with our old friend Amado Guevara tonight in our game against Motagua. Should be a really tough test.

I've watched most of the other friendlies so far, and think United will look a lot different come the Allstar game, but it has been fun to watch. Giggs was on the verge of completely losing it against KC.
7/28/10 8:05 AM
invalid

RyanWilcox - The friendlies really mean nothing.

Any time I can give the finger to Eurosnobs it means something to me lol

What is it with Puerto Rico and the CCL?
7/28/10 10:31 AM
Extendo

PR Islanders trashed us last year but not that bad. The only thing I like about it is that maybe LA will soften a tad now that Ricketts has been shaken.

As for our game, I would have really like to have seen a second goal, but as long as we win or draw away we will advance. I guess even a loss by 1 with an away goal have us going on.
7/28/10 4:24 PM
Extendo

Interesting. I just assumed they would have played Ricketts.

Shit turn out in LA as well...under 7000 fans.
7/28/10 9:41 PM
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/28/10 9:41 PM
looks like the MLS all stars are trying to give the USMNT a run for their money with fastest goal allowed in a match...typical U.S. defensive errors. already 2-nil, all stars look flat on the pitch and clueless.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.