ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
8/19/10 8:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
invalid
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You hit the nail on the head.

I hate playing their teams. Even when you win, you lose.
8/23/10 11:47 AM
Extendo
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If things don't turn around drastically this will be year four with no playoffs.

At least Robbo was a class act when he scored at BMO and shut down his teammates celebrations. What a brutal match.
9/13/10 1:30 PM
Extendo
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well that's pretty much it for this season, with all the players we shipped out in the last couple years deciding to score on us including Julius Fucking James of all people.

Realistically I think they should field academy players for league games and save our squad for CONCACAF but who knows what Preki is up to. Splurge on a DP striker and choose not to play him.

TFC is cursed.
9/14/10 1:13 PM
Extendo

Preki and Mo fired. This team might not keep you entertained with exciting attacking football or decent results, but there sure is a lot of drama.
9/15/10 6:39 AM
invalid
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mo was totally the problem
9/15/10 11:28 AM
Extendo

What's funny is that the players are hanging Preki out to dry and largely sparing Mo.
9/15/10 12:24 PM
invalid

I find that strange. I mean, I'm not going to beat around the bush and say Preki is not a complete prick. He only has one system and a 'fuck you if don't like it attitude'.

But at the same time he's gotten some results, so it's kind of shocking to hear that the players like Mo the Dealer more.

Any word on who's in line? Are they making Dichio interim or something?
9/15/10 1:00 PM
Extendo

I'm kind of surprised as well to be honest. Preki coming in seemed like necessary tough love at the time. Now the players are saying he ran too tight a ship and De Ro and De Guzman couldn't play the type of game they thrive in...out of position.

The assistant Dasovic is going to be interim coach for the end of the year. It seems like they really trust Dasovic and are trying to groom him for the job long-term but he still needs to develop as a coach. Hopefully he sticks around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Da

Dichio is coaching the Academy right now, and they are currently in first place in the CSL, but again I think he is years out from coaching the first team.
9/16/10 1:58 PM
Extendo

Well, I think it's safe to say Preki won't be lining up to coach Vancouver or Montreal.

What a prick.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/5576671/preki-no-regrets-being-fired-toronto-fc

"I couldn't put my finger on the type of system or my role, what we were trying to do, it was like freestyle," de Guzman told The Toronto Sun. "We play against Cruz Azul and we're amazing, and then against D.C. [United] you're the worst thing out there. It's like a gamble going into a lot of the games."

When asked to respond to the comments of his former charges, Preki said: "I don't need to elaborate on the things that De Rosario and De Guzman said. You can see the work I've done with Chivas USA. It's a couple of Canadian guys making those comments. That's all I have to say about that."

9/28/10 9:57 AM
invalid

This season is despressing. Even the teams doing well seem to have some internal struggles.

What the fuck has been going on across the board here?
9/28/10 2:38 PM
Extendo

I can really only comment on what I have heard through TFC news, because other the MLS site, it's still impossible to follow out of market games here. GOL carries some games, but it's hit and miss.

From everything I have read there is a divide between Americans and Canadians on a few teams now. I doubt its as bad as it is in Toronto though, since most have no more than one or two right now.

The whole make up the DP rules as you go along seems to be adding to tension across the teams, and also across the fan base. The money spread for the players is huge now. Previously, the one advantage I thought MLS had was the salary cap. At least in terms of keeping your utility players happy. The fact the De Guz is making over three times the money of De Ro bother people because he can't even get a shot on goal. Of course, then there is also the ignorant fan base who fail to realize that holding midfielders aren't there to bang in 15 goals a year.

It's been a really weird year for sure.

Are you coming up for the Columbus game in Toronto? I failed to get down there this year.
9/29/10 8:38 AM
invalid

Shit, the league has been making up the rules as they go along since it started. I still lol at the whole 'no ties' thing we used to have and had a shootout (break away 35 yeards out from the keeper with 6 seconds to make your shot. So weird).

The DP money disparity makes a lot of sense. But these money issues, these things should have been taken up in the CBA agreements they had before the season started. It makes no sense to me. They mentioned twice at the beginning of last night's RSL-Toronto CCL match that DeRo did a goal celebration about signing a check. I see his point, but probably not the best time to show that you're not feeling the love lol.

Nah, lately it seems like management issues. Off the top of my head comes Preki, who almost certainly was getting you into the playoffs and looking like the next round of the CCL. He's gone. Now I'm seeing a huge 'fire Robert' movement here in Columbus that I haven't seen taken that seriously since the fans actually ran Andrulus out of town. I know he's player selection is weird, but he's still on the cusp of his 3rd Supporter's Shield in a row (though keeps blowing the big games), pretty much guarenteed a 2nd round CCL spot, and all but mathematically assured of a playoff spot - but people are hating on him bigtime here.

DC was picking on their coach and management, but now that their coach is gone they've focused on their lack of stadium and how they might move.

The Revs have given up hope on the Kraft family doing anything right.

Houston is upside down and Kinnner is on the chopping block.

Just to name a few without seeming crazy, but it's been less rivalry, more us against us shit.

I won't be making the trip this year. Haven't even made half our home games despite season tickets with my girl because we've found that it's still cheaper to stay in with some whiskey and watch the game (makes me sound like a drunk but I always get too drunk at pregames and order way too many $10 24 beers lol). We've been saving up money for a house, so we're the pariahs of the circle. Cat owning weekend drunks
11/7/10 10:58 AM
Extendo

Will write more later but right now I am thinking that a fitting end to the season would be to send you a Carroll jersey and hope I get a Hesmer one in return! Joking.

What a fucking crazy season.
11/8/10 8:21 AM
invalid

Too soon, man.

Too soon.

lol
11/16/10 11:42 AM
Extendo

So hardly the dream match up for the final that the league was looking for.

I really have no idea what to expect in terms of attendance, but I do know all of the players are going to hate playing the game. Right now they are expecting a low of minus four Celsius and a mix of flurries and rain showers. Mix that in with an 8:30 PM kick-off right down by lake where the winds are intense, and it should make for a wild night.

I hope the snow really comes down and they have to use an orange ball.
11/17/10 12:58 PM
invalid

That'd be kind of cool. I'm just glad there will be another new champion and Los Angeles can go fuck itself.

Found out today that Columbus dropped Schelotto, Hejduk, and Oughton. Basically the soul of our team. Hell, Oughton has taken paycut after paycut just to stay Columbus.

I called my season ticket rep and told them not to bother me again.
11/23/10 9:51 AM
Extendo

That's crazy about the core of your team. That made news up here, even.

It was very weird to go watch the game as a neutral. Took me a little while to just enjoy the soccer.

Amazing amount of away support, and not just in the designated sections either. Overwhelmingly the crowd favoured the Rapids, but FC Dallas was pretty well represented as well.

Not sure if you could hear it on air, but basically there was non-stop singing for Wynne and nothing but boos for Cunningham. He must really hate it here.

Scruffy game, with a couple ugly goals and ultimately decided by an own goal. Seems fitting.

Just read that this was part of a test to see about changing the schedule to match FIFA dates. Fuck you Garber. I want to support the US WC bid, but February games in Toronto and Montreal is an insane idea.
11/23/10 10:23 AM
invalid

He's just pandering. He's said in the past that it'd sink the league.

Read today that Columbus traded Carroll, one of the most underrated DMs in the league, for a second round pick and some allocation.

Colorado already traded two players lol

this off season is going to be strange
11/23/10 4:58 PM
invalid

Holy shit, KC actually changed their name to Sporting KC.

OMFG.

I thought that was a joke.

:(

11/24/10 10:02 AM
Extendo

Come on United FC of DC!
3/10/11 10:21 AM
Extendo

Amazingly, I am even more nervous this year for TFC. Only 15 players signed right now, and our two best players Cann and De Ro in contract disputes with the club. Sounds like they are shopping De Ro as well.

Not sure Winter's version of Total Football is going to work with the crew he has so far.
3/10/11 11:31 AM
VUVUZELA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
3/17/11 2:33 AM
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO @ Chad Ochocinco "trying out" at Sporting KC....definitely a publicity stunt and somewhat cheap entertainment for the time being. Apparently, it was his "childhood" dream to play for MLS. The guy's 33 years old...the MLS wasn't around when he was a child.
3/25/11 11:11 PM
invalid

Takedown - LMAO @ Chad Ochocinco "trying out" at Sporting KC....definitely a publicity stunt and somewhat cheap entertainment for the time being. Apparently, it was his "childhood" dream to play for MLS. The guy's 33 years old...the MLS wasn't around when he was a child.

Well, the irony is he is being humble and acting more professional than David Beckham. Chad played up until college and was offered full D1 rides for both sports but chose the one where the $ is.

Can't blame him, but as an Ohio native I can personally attest that part of his pre-game warmup for football is juggling a ball while jogging.

Is he good enough for top flight? No. But I think the real story here is how he's treating the Beautiful Game with humility and respect.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.