UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> How close to the fight before betting?

3/30/10 8:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PeterGBO
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm new to betting on MMA fights, but have been doing so with $$ on bodog the last couple events.

Is there anyway to predict when the best time for throwing money on an underdog is? I think I saw Renzo at +350 over a week ago and now he is +285. I feel like I screwed the pooch not getting in on it. My retarded theory was that as the fight got closer. More hype would build around Hughes and make the odds even better in Renzo's favor.

Also does anyone notice odds changing after TV shows like UFC all access or UFC primetime. Shows that hype fighters. Do people see that and bet on the hype? Do the lines have decent sized changes after those types of TV shows? I was always wondering that...

Sorry for the dumb questions. I'm trying not to lose it all!
4/3/10 11:31 AM
Scott Rotem
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder the same thing myself. I was always under the impression that if a line was moving that way it reflected more money coming in on Renzo.
4/7/10 3:50 AM
Utah get me two
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After the weigh-ins. You don't wanna get shocked by the dude that shows up flabby or overweight because of a sprained ankle or some shit.
5/8/10 5:56 PM
per
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have bet a little. My experience is that bookies post lines that create two-way action (of course), this may not be the correct line from a technical and logical standpoint, but it is the line that ensures even money coming in. Example:

Famous street brawler Kimbo faces unknown solid heavyweight Timbo Tice who has some wins against decent competition. It is obvious that Timbo is the superior fighter, but since people will bet on Kimbo because of his fame he is put out as the favorite.

The really sharp bettors often place their bets shortly before the fight, quickly changing the line.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.