UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Boxer Deontay Wilder on Showtime this Friday

3/31/10 1:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/31/10 1:59 PM

Deontay Wilder will box on the SHOWTIME card in Las Vegas this Friday, April 2. His opponent (as of now...) is from Texas, with a 7-1 record.

I don't know yet if Deontay will be on the broadcast, but he is definitely on the undercard. Only 3 matches are listed on the Showtime site... Clearly, they are still working on things. Lol...

In case anyone doesn't know, Deontay is from Tuscaloosa, is undefeated as a pro so far, and won a Bronze medal in the 2008 Olympics, the only American boxer to win a medal.
4/2/10 1:27 AM
FCFBlazer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

doesn't look like he'll make the telecast, but hope they show a highlight if he does well!  TTT for Deontay.  Hopefully the Klitchkos will be retired when Mr. Wilder makes it up to a potential title shot in a few years. Where does he train these days?

Speaking of showtime and gold medalist, I hope Ward doesn't have to pull out of the Super 6 tourney. It's been great so far.  Boxing isn't completey dead!
4/3/10 9:47 AM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deontay won via KO, 33 seconds in rd 1!
4/4/10 9:40 AM
rnr7
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprise, surprise. Congrats to Deontay. Ty Cobb is pretty old to be fighting, actually, I thought he was dead. Cool name though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.