UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> Guess what something will be worth in 2012.

4/3/10 6:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
wiegraf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/03/10 7:00 PM

Having a new account here I've gotten to go back and read the last 20 or so pages of threads dating back 5 or 6 years. It's amazing to see what some of the prices in those old threads were back then.

It might be fun to list a couple of the standard "must haves" and some newer ones that may go up in value and guess what they'll be worth 2 years from now.

Anyone want to take a shot at these (also throw in approx current market value if known):

UFC 1 poster
PRIDE 1 poster
UFC Brazil poster
Dream 1 poster
Sengoku 1 poster
UFC 100 poster (signed by all fighters)

Check this thread in 2 or 3 years and see how right or wrong you were.
4/3/10 6:58 PM
ricksongjj

It is crazy to see what things are worth now as to what they were just a few years ago.I still dont necessarily believe something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
4/3/10 7:02 PM
ricksongjj

UFC 1 will probably be $10,000 lol
4/3/10 9:12 PM
fightpimp

ricksongjj - I still dont necessarily believe something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
The most "wrong" answer ever entered from your keyboard dude... think about what you just said for a minute...

So if a rickson Gracie jockstrap (competition-worn and sweaty as shit) ever came up for sale and ricksongjj paid $10,000.00 for it... Guess what it's worth people??? $10,000.00! (but only to Rickson man-stalkers)...

I can tell you one thing... maybe not in 2 or 3 years... but once MMA is an olympic sport (and it WILL be) THATS WHEN SHIT IS GONNA SKYROCKET IN VALUE. Mark my words... it may take 5 or so years but it will happen! After that its all she wrote!

4/4/10 12:19 AM
ricksongjj

Cool hopefully ChicagoTom will take $30 for his UFC 3 then lol.
4/4/10 2:41 PM
fightpimp

Ebay is not a good indicator of market pricing. It is an AUCTION environment, therefore the item MUST sell. It is a great indicator of bottom-feeder scavenger pricing though...
4/10/10 1:22 AM
Its Me Again

SInce my UFC 1 is among the first ever printed and so far the only one of its kind out there it will be worth at least $1k more than a "normal" UFC 1 poster.
4/10/10 10:07 AM
fightpimp

Its Me Again -  SInce my UFC 1 is among the first ever printed and so far the only one of its kind out there it will be worth at least $1k more than a "normal" UFC 1 poster.
Your UFC 1 poster is not one of the first ever printed lol... Where did you get that from? the seller? Your UFC 1 poster was just a plain-old UFC 1 poster that came off the press and they ran it through the press again to print the shit on the back... there was never multiple runs of UFC 1 posters... this has been confirmed by me and also by at least one other person that I know of... I agree that your UFC 1 poster is rarer than a "regular" UFC 1. BUT... the fact that it was folded and the condition it is in I would think outweigh the "rarity"... If I had a choice to buy a "MINT" UFC 1 poster or your poster... I would buy the "MINT" one 10 out of 10 times. They did not run a single poster through a printer either... more likely they ran at least 100-25-500 of them...
It may be the only "remaining" one of those... in that case, yes, it is worth a lot more than a "regular" UFC 1 poster without the printing on the back. You would be surprised at at what is "out there" in private collections... but not advertised or for sale... more than all of you think. That is a fact. Not everybody likes to flaunt their shit... You paid fairly for it, but the seller did act like a POS at the end of the deal if I am not mistaken... all in all... a nice score.
4/10/10 10:43 AM
Its Me Again

I just assumed, makes sense to me (what I originaly said).

Although it is troubling to me that the UFC is now partly owned by camel fuckers.  Kind of ruins collecting for me and drops the value in my eyes.  Although it should only increase the actual value with a bigger fan base.

4/12/10 12:48 AM
Its Me Again

HMMMM. What about my Ultimate Brazil US version.  If I can get Ruben to get Tank to sign it, it will be worth a shit load.  Yes its slightly damaged but its been being pressed and flattened for the past 3 months so I expect it to look alot better. I am also only aware of 3 others out there......

I say we start the bidding at $2k.

4/12/10 1:18 AM
fightpimp

Thats a 2K poster in mint condition I would agree these days... I know of 5 that exist in collections but that is still a rare and extremely badass poster... unsigned its rare... signed, its priceless...
3/22/12 11:04 PM
the chip guy

It's to bad no one ever bothered to reply in full to you list, Brian Peppers

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.