UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Renzo says move to 155 possible

4/5/10 10:14 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

"It's so easy," Gracie told MMAWeekly Radio about making 155 pounds. "Right now I'm 178, and I have to eat a lot so I don't drop even more weight.

"I can walk around at probably 170, 173, you know? So it's easy to make 155."

"For sure, I can be the wildcard. I can go from 155 to the heavyweights."

"The beauty of our sport, we have to live one day at a time. Right now, I have a huge task, which is to face Matt Hughes. So I can't think about B.J. I can't think about Sakuraba. I have one ugly face in my head and that's Hughes, nobody else."

Read entire article...

4/5/10 10:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jmmz
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/05/10 10:23 PM
BJ/Renzo should be the next coaches on TUF. Hope Renzo beats Hughes.
4/5/10 11:33 PM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/05/10 11:35 PM
Everybody talks about the longevity of Couture, and it seems like few mention Renzo. The man is 43, been fighting since the dawn of modern MMA, and still fighting elite competition. Plus he seems like a nice and humble guy. What's not to like?
4/5/10 11:42 PM
Tomato Can
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TSMontana - Everybody talks about the longevity of Couture, and it seems like few mention Renzo. The man is 43, been fighting since the dawn of modern MMA, and still fighting elite competition. Plus he seems like a nice and humble guy. What's not to like?

Come on now. I like Renzo but he hasn't been a top fighter for 8 or 9 years now. If he beats Hughes, maybe you can make that statement, but Couture beat (dominated, even) multiple top 10 fighters at the same age.
4/5/10 11:43 PM
GC111
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see BJ vs Renzo fight five times at all UFC weight classes.
4/5/10 11:45 PM
Russ
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awsome pic of him knocking out Oleg
4/5/10 11:57 PM
Hunter V
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jmmz - BJ/Renzo should be the next coaches on TUF. Hope Renzo beats Hughes.

4/6/10 12:53 AM
RobbieH

jmmz - BJ/Renzo should be the next coaches on TUF. Hope Renzo beats Hughes.
If Renzo was on TUF, I'd watch EVERY episode...

4/6/10 12:54 AM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - 
TSMontana - Everybody talks about the longevity of Couture, and it seems like few mention Renzo. The man is 43, been fighting since the dawn of modern MMA, and still fighting elite competition. Plus he seems like a nice and humble guy. What's not to like?

Come on now. I like Renzo but he hasn't been a top fighter for 8 or 9 years now. If he beats Hughes, maybe you can make that statement, but Couture beat (dominated, even) multiple top 10 fighters at the same age.

I said he is still fighting elite competition, not that he's regarded as a "top fighter". We'll see soon if he (still) has what it takes to compete in 2010 elite-level MMA.
4/6/10 2:09 AM
Moke
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Come on now. I like Renzo but he hasn't been a top fighter for 8 or 9 years now. If he beats Hughes, maybe you can make that statement, but Couture beat (dominated, even) multiple top 10 fighters at the same age."

He was working over Frank Shamrock a few years ago and choked out Miletich.
4/6/10 8:43 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

love this guy!*

*no romo
4/6/10 9:35 AM
Winston Wolf

Renzo would be a great coach for TUF
4/6/10 9:45 AM
Tomato Can
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke - "Come on now. I like Renzo but he hasn't been a top fighter for 8 or 9 years now. If he beats Hughes, maybe you can make that statement, but Couture beat (dominated, even) multiple top 10 fighters at the same age."

He was working over Frank Shamrock a few years ago and choked out Miletich.

Neither of whom are remotely relevant to the modern MMA scene.
4/6/10 9:53 AM
Tomato Can

If Renzo beats Hughes decisively maybe you can justify a Renzo/BJ rematch, but I really don't see how Renzo can win that fight.
4/6/10 10:04 AM
Free Beer

Winston Wolf - Renzo would be a great coach for TUF

definately
4/6/10 10:25 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - If Renzo beats Hughes decisively maybe you can justify a Renzo/BJ rematch, but I really don't see how Renzo can win that fight.

would be an interesting fight if it was at 170 IMO...
4/6/10 10:31 AM
None So Blind
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously, is there any way in which Renzo is not awesome?  :-)

I think Hughes will likely win in a stall-fest, but if Renzo wins, I will be running down the street yelling like a fool :-P
4/7/10 4:10 AM
TSMontana

Edited: 04/07/10 4:11 AM
If you aren't excited about this matchup, you probably started watching MMA when TUF came on the air. Hell, I'm just excited to (finally) see Renzo in the UFC, never mind he is facing one of its legends.
4/7/10 8:09 AM
RaphaelChaves

well i am not excited to see such a cool guy and legend of the sport fight some douche bag like matt hughes and lose bc he is 43 and way out of his prime...renzo is the man and the only ones excited for this fight are those rooting for hughes....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.