UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Marijuana talk

4/6/10 12:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kway
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I live in California and Marijuana seems to come up a lot in conversation with Christians or non-Christians. I guess since we have Medical Marijuana and it seems that in November it will be put on the ballot for legalization.

I believe it should be legalized. I cannot see why it should be illegal at all, based on my views as a Christian.

It literally comes right out of the ground. God put it there, and it has hundreds of uses, including medicinal. It's just weird seeing this change in a paradigm thats been a part of our culture for so long. Not just me but most of the Christians that I know also.

Also I see no problem with Christians using it either for medicine or recreation. As for the recreation part it should be done with control. Obviously becoming a stoner is not something one should strive for, just like not becoming an alcoholic.

I grew up being told about the horror of MJ, but now it's such a non-trivial thing for me. I'd like to add I've only been high once, Im not some stoner holding the flag up for MJ. I just think the less rules the better for the individual as a whole. You're allowed to make choices whether good or bad, and that makes one grow.
4/6/10 8:20 PM
Juijitsuboxer
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Being drunk is a sin. I believe when you let your senses be overtaken by a substance, unless used in medical practice to alleviate chronic or strong pain, is the same thing as getting drunk.

Getting drunk is a sin.
4/7/10 4:59 AM
IBI
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are certain Jewish festivals where you're specifically meant to get drunk.

So, wouldn't Jesus have partaken in those?
4/7/10 6:38 PM
Ridgeback
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it should be legalized.  I don't think it is a big deal for people to get high.  With that said, however, I don't think it jibes with a Christian life.  You can't be sober and clear headed on pot.  If you need it for medicinal purposes that is one thing, but it is pretty hard to be just a little high like you can drink to mirth.  Christians should not get drunk either as far as that goes.   
4/8/10 1:02 AM
Juijitsuboxer
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:-)

Proverbs 23:20-21 (New International Version)

20 Do not join those who drink too much wine
or gorge themselves on meat,

21 for drunkards and gluttons become poor,
and drowsiness clothes them in rags.
4/8/10 2:05 AM
jimmy23
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*tries - not - to- freeze-  thread*

ok, we got about two post before I freeze this one

explain to me, exactly, how this is an appropriate topic for the HolyGround. Be specific

for the record ,I dont smoke weed but think legalizing it is the best option
4/8/10 9:24 AM
Rocky Dennis

^^  I hope you are joking
4/8/10 12:24 PM
toelocku

jimmi i hope your kiddin...itS MORE than appropriate here.
4/8/10 1:24 PM
jimmy23
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seriously though, how does discussion of legalizing marijuana have anything, at all, to do with religion or spirituality?

I dont see a single Rastafari posting here

I m dense, so be specific, exactly what does this have to do with the HolyGround?
4/8/10 2:19 PM
Rocky Dennis

It's cool to see that even mods can troll.  I feel at home now.
4/9/10 1:25 AM
Kway
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

High doesnt equal drunk.

Dont get me wrong it can, but a general high doesnt make you lose your faculties like drunk does.

And the question still remains: Why would God put a plant on this earth that has hundred of uses, and also get your really freaking high??

It's not like God didnt realize that outcome. Could it be that we are holding down mores of a Puritanical view on Christianity, and that's why we see getting high as being sin? Christianity is a Middle Eastern religion, not Western. I've read, although not confirmed, that many of the rituals done in the temple had MJ burning as incense.

...I really dont know the answer to these questions, but they are questions we need to look at because Weed is gonna be legalized very soon.
4/9/10 4:48 AM
jimmy23

"High doesnt equal drunk."

whats your point? Wine was drunk back in biblical days, but drunkeness was frowned upon. You can catch a small buzz, or get stoned beyond belief

how In the world would we now if the Hebrews used dope in the temple?

if you use or dont use is a personal decision

I am really glad I havent frozen this thread, because such deep spiritual truths are being discussed

[/sarcasm]

4/9/10 6:03 AM
IBI
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jimmy23 -

how In the world would we now if the Hebrews used dope in the temple?

I have no idea about what may or may not have been burned in the Temple.

But in general terms, burning stuff leaves traces which archaeologists using modern technology can discern millennia later.

For example, in the University of Newcastle's Shefton Museum they have an opium pipe which dates back to 1400 BC or so. I believe they know it's an opium pipe because of such tests.
4/9/10 5:45 PM
Rocky Dennis

Dont feed the troll Monster
4/9/10 7:45 PM
jimmy23

finally, someone makes a solid point

thank you Monsters ball
4/11/10 5:18 PM
Ridgeback

Why would something that obvious have to be pointed out not to freeze a thread?

4/13/10 10:26 AM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MDMA (ecstasy) has been used in spiritual situations for years. Peyote too.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.