UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> so camaros are outselling mustangs...

4/7/10 1:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mr.Negative
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how long will it last? will the new mustang line up change anything? is the 5.0 mystique back and will it pay off where ford needs it most? or will the camaro continue to dominate like it has for the past few months?
4/7/10 8:10 PM
jaydogg1972
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am getting a 5.0 as soon as its released.
4/7/10 8:51 PM
Mark1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't ask the OG.  They proclaimed that the Camaro would be a huge flop.

LOL.

Mark
4/8/10 9:31 AM
stevekt
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mustang sales crushed Camaro sales from 2003 to 2009.
4/8/10 10:48 AM
Mark1

stevekt - Mustang sales crushed Camaro sales from 2003 to 2009.

lol.  CHECKMATE.

Mark
4/8/10 1:33 PM
Mr.Negative
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

precisely why i avoided the OG...lol

and thanks jaydogg. i know that the 5.0 is a big deal among mustang people i'm just wondering if there are still enough mustang guys out there who haven't already bought a mustang in the last 2-3 years...
4/8/10 1:34 PM
Mr.Negative

stevekt - Mustang sales crushed Camaro sales from 2003 to 2009.

2003-2009 camaro= mustanowned
4/8/10 7:12 PM
White347LX

Chevy is enjoying the benefit of a completely fresh design after a 8 year break in the action.
4/22/10 3:15 AM
Roy Batty
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

White347LX - Chevy is enjoying the benefit of a completely fresh design after a 8 year break in the action.

This. Plus, the new Mustang's looks haven't aged well, and it doesn't help that Ford has made them in some fugly, garish, and decidedly non-retro colors; the only REALLY cool looking ones are the white and blue Shelby-looking ones.
4/25/10 2:31 AM
Flying Teep
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mustang sales are down because everyone who wants to buy one will wait for the 2011. Not too hard to figure out.
10/28/10 8:55 AM
elmo

Roy Batty - Plus, the new Mustang's looks haven't aged well, and it doesn't help that Ford has made them in some fugly, garish, and decidedly non-retro colors; the only REALLY cool looking ones are the white and blue Shelby-looking ones.

I agree. I'm a Ford guy but at least looks-wise I'd take a new Camaro long before I'd take a new Mustang.
10/28/11 12:43 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The OG if full of car snobs just like the OG has elitest snobs for EVERYTHING (cars, music, women, watches, etc).

Both the Camaro and Mustang 5.0 are AWESOME beautiful rides...personally I think the camaro looks better, but the Mustang performance is hard to beat...Both cars are close in performance though...Personal preference IMO.

Just wishing a new Trans Am was possible.
8/29/12 6:37 PM
MitchGaye

New camaros are awesome looking cars so are the new mustangs. Not alot of people cross shopping as alot of people still cling to their "ford sucks", "chevy sucks" mentality. I've owned mustangs and love them and I really like the new camaro. I get lots of camaros and mustangs trying to run me in my area (I don't drive a mustang or comaro) and will generally be more leary of the mustangs (modded).
9/7/12 8:02 AM
occupy_DDF
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a Mustang fan and legitimately wanted to like the new Camaro when they came out. I test drove both the V6 and V8 options, and didn't like either. Ordered a Mustang the next day.
2/20/13 2:42 PM
E55 Pilot

I'm a fan of the Mustang and I also think Chevy got it right with the new Camaro. I'd love to have one to tinker with.
2/27/13 2:59 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was telling my wife the other day, I was a Mopar guy in HS - but I really like the look of the new Camaro.
4/27/13 10:00 AM
tetris
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like both cars but I think the reason they are outselling the stangs is because they are at the end of their design cycle while the camaro's are still quite fresh.

The mustang is due for a new design next year so I am sure the tide will turn then.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.