UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Training near Dothan?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/7/10 5:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
glock4life
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys, a good friend and training partner is relocating to the Dothan area.

So of course, he needs a decent (and fair priced) place to train.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
4/7/10 10:43 PM
Lucian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Contact my instructor Joe, he does workshops at a place near dothan. some of their guys often compete with us at tournaments in georgia as well. you can reach him through our website.

www.americanfightclubalabama.com
4/8/10 12:53 AM
countrypimp

what's he wanting to do? mma? bjj?

I don't do the mma thing anymore or train any "potential fighters", just bjj over at firehouse gym. $20 a month. welcome to call or come by.

If he's wanting to fight or continue mma, two places: wolfpack mma in dothan and wiregrass mma up the road in ozark. I don't train with either one so I couldn't tell you anything about them. Check them out and decide for yourself.

thanks,

aaron cornett
912-309-0554
4/10/10 6:45 AM
Lucian

wiregrass mma is the gym i was refering to. i have been there with joe to help with a seminar and i know they have a good program for mma as well as bjj. i don't know much about firehouse gym though. i would check them both out. if you go by wiregrass, talk to mike nettlingham and tell him the guys from afc bjj sent you, he may hook you up.
4/13/10 10:03 AM
Golden Arm
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/13/10 12:50 PM
Make sure you check out Wolfpack MMA like countrypimp said. They have a good mma program, a good boxing program, and a good BJJ program taught by a really good brown belt under Carlos Machado black belt Alvis Solis. The class has a lot of white belts with some very good blue belts (occasionally a grumpy old purple belt will show up too). Some of the guys compete locally in BJJ and no-gi tournaments, as well as in NAGA in Atlanta and have done very well. Look around and find the school with the vibe that is right for you.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.