UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Renzo's open work out at UFC 112

4/8/10 4:17 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

4/8/10 4:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jmmz
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - <p>RIP
 </p>

RIP Matt Hughes. Renzo will win.
4/8/10 4:41 PM
jiujitsu100
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

52,000 posts and you are seriously comparing Renzo and Royce. Trolling?
4/8/10 4:44 PM
jiujitsu100
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC are happy to co-promote with Flash. M-1 take note. Give the UFC Fedor and 100 mill and they will co-promote all you like.
4/8/10 4:56 PM
The Sultan
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

info's turned in to a troll if you don't agree with his opinion these days.
4/8/10 4:57 PM
The Sultan
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Hughes is gonna come out and try to out wrestle Renzo and that's it.
4/8/10 5:35 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo has balls.
4/8/10 5:53 PM
FightFan23
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Info, while that may turn out to be true why the fuck do ignorant fans keep talking about the Royce fight?

Im sure you have no clue as to Renzo's submission pedigree compared to Royce's because if you had any clue you would know just how stupid you are. You think Hughes gets a kimura fully sunk against renzo? Or is able to sink both hooks in and take his back? No. He can sit in his guard and work to side mount if he lands some MONSTER shots, but renzo will regain guard. This isnt Royce, this is Renzo gracie a true mma fighter who's bjj is all time elite.
4/8/10 5:54 PM
OctopusFighter

inf0 - 
jiujitsu100 - 52,000 posts and you are seriously comparing Renzo and Royce. Trolling?

You're right.. I shouldn't be comparing Renzo to Royce, who's actually accomplished something in MMA..

Renzo has beaten five UFC champions.
4/8/10 5:54 PM
dentalninja
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - Renzo has balls.
4/8/10 6:34 PM
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt 4later
4/8/10 6:55 PM
soldave
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo is well into his 40s and hasnt had a fight for 3 years, this is the type of bout that shouldnt even be sanctioned
4/8/10 7:08 PM
FreeCandy
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo is good, i for a very good fight.
4/8/10 7:13 PM
JiuJitsuLifeMH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whats up with the Renzo hate? I understand and appreciate a good troll, but this just seems like you guys are pissed that everyone loves Renzo so much. He's a good dude. I've personally met him and can attest to that.

4/8/10 7:16 PM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can Renzo do at least as well as Serra did and take Hughes to a decision or is he gonna get finished off like Royce? 
4/8/10 7:16 PM
The Sultan

inf0 - 

and yeah.. cause that's all he does lately is just wrestle guys.. LOL

18 submission wins
15 TKO wins

all by just wrasslin right?

And who's the troll?

LOL at try to out wrestle him.. Matt Hughes *WILL* out wrestle him.

And what is Renzo going to *try* to do? Annihilate Hughes with his K-1 level striking prowess?

You're the troll.  You turn in a to pompous asshat everytime you debate a topic these days.  I don't understand why intelligent discussion cannot take place on these boards anymore.

4/8/10 7:22 PM
soldave

JiuJitsuLifeMH - Whats up with the Renzo hate? I understand and appreciate a good troll, but this just seems like you guys are pissed that everyone loves Renzo so much. He's a good dude. I've personally met him and can attest to that.

He is a legend and a warrior but compare them in recent years....

this fight is silly imo
4/8/10 7:25 PM
BuddyRevell

What if Hughes is simply no longer the finisher he once was? Since 2006, he's either won by decision or gotten beaten.
4/8/10 7:37 PM
BuddyRevell

Edited: 04/08/10 7:37 PM
inf0 - 
Did you happen to notice who those fights were against? LOL

Yeah that's right.. the guys who are still the best in the WW division.. not a bunch of has-beens.

Actually, I agree with you that Hughes will most likely win this fight, due to the disparity in wrestling. But although Serra and Lytle are tough guys, I think Hughes would've finished fighters like them earlier in his career. Not sure if he still has enough to put away another gamer like Renzo.  
4/8/10 7:42 PM
The Sultan

Edited: 04/08/10 7:43 PM
inf0 - 
The Sultan - 
inf0 - 

18 submission wins
15 TKO wins

And who's the troll?

And what is Renzo going to *try* to do? Annihilate Hughes with his K-1 level striking prowess?

You're the troll.  You turn in a to pompous asshat everytime you debate a topic these days.  I don't understand why intelligent discussion cannot take place on these boards anymore.

Wow, you sure did a lot to argue my points - thanks for having an intelligent debate instead of pointing your finger and saying 'troll'.

Sorry bro, I read a lot of your posts and completely understand how futile it is to even try to have an intelligent discussion with you.

You seem to be scorned and just post with mad hate about everything that doesn't align with your own beliefs.

4/8/10 7:56 PM
BuddyRevell

inf0 - Matt Hughes finished BJ Penn in 2006... and finished GSP in 2004.

Renzo's last fight was in 2006..

Sorry, what was your point again?

LOL, bringing up 4-6 yr old fights just proves my point that Hughes doesn't finish like he used to and that Renzo has always been a gamer who's pretty hard to put away. 

4/8/10 7:57 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sultan -
</b> 
I don't understand why intelligent discussion cannot take place on these boards anymore.

A very broad generalization, my fren.
4/8/10 8:14 PM
BuddyRevell

inf0 - I don't care if it was in 2006, 2004, or 2001.. finishing BJ Penn and GSP are two MMA accomplishments that Renzo has NOTHING to compare to... absolutely nothing, now or ever. Gamer or not....  And besides, Royce Gracie could also be described as a gamer, perhaps the ultimate gamer considering his physical attributes... and that only took him so far against Hughes.

Hehe, why so worked up, bro? I never argued that Hughes' accomplishments in his prime weren't great or that Renzo did anything to compare to those. LOL at mentioning 4-6 year old fights as if he was still the same athletically as when those happened.
4/8/10 8:42 PM
BuddyRevell

Edited: 04/08/10 8:44 PM
inf0 - Who's worked up?

LOL at discounting wins from 2006 as if they didn't happen.... and if you want to talk about fighters who aren't as athletic as they used to be, you should look at Renzo who hasn't even fought in 3 years and has never looked all that athletic in his entire career.

And so what if Hughes hasn't finished his last few fights. At least he has been fighting guys who are still at the top of the heap! Renzo has only fought guys who haven't been on the radar in 10 years recently.. and barely scraped a few crappy wins out of it.
You seem to think I'm 100% certain that Renzo will not get finished when all I said is that he is tough and a gamer. If you relaxed with your condescending bit, you'd notice that I was asking questions about how much Hughes has depreciated from his prime and whether Renzo was tough enough to last the whole fight like Serra. I wasn't talking in absolutes as if I had all the answers. It's not a big mystery why Sultan was saying you can't have an intelligent conversation, hehe.

4/8/10 8:44 PM
The Sultan

Edited: 04/08/10 8:45 PM
inf0 - 
The Sultan - 
inf0 - 
The Sultan - 
inf0 - 

18 submission wins
15 TKO wins

And who's the troll?

Wow, you sure did a lot to argue my points - thanks for having an intelligent debate instead of pointing your finger and saying 'troll'.

Sorry bro, I read a lot of your posts and completely understand how futile it is to even try to have an intelligent discussion with you.

You seem to be scorned and just post with mad hate about everything that doesn't align with your own beliefs.

Well you keep whining about wanting to have an intelligent discussion and I am inviting you to do so.

I'm so sorry that you are so butt hurt with my posts, but if  you read this thread - I have made MANY intelligent arguments towards my choice here. You have only pointed your finger and dismissed them with 'troll'.

I acknowledge people when they make strong points towards their argument. I'm welcoming you to do so, but all you want to do is stand around and call people names.

Not trying to call you names man.  You know I'm not like that.

But in the past, I have tried to discuss things with you and it was just a futile effort.

Nonetheless, let's say that Hughes has definitely finished a ton of fights in his career, but if you analyze closely in his last five fights, he's shown an interest in going back to his wrestling base....mainly because he probably realized that he's lost a step and lost a couple of fights.  He's 2-5 and hasn't finished either of those opponents.  He was just "wrasslin" as you put it.

So I don't think its a stretch that he'll come out and try to wrestle his way to victory....although, I definitely can see him going after a TKO with punches if he gets mount or backmount.

But I don't really believe he'll come out trying to strike......and rightfully so, since his base is wrestling and not striking.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.