UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Sushi during diet?

4/9/10 3:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JustPeed
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/09/10 3:22 PM

Sushi during a diet? Trying to cut about 10 pounds during a stretch of heavy conditioning/exercise to get my abs/ripped look back

I kinnda went off the deep end this winter and stopped watching my nutritional intake got a little pooch for a belly now and need to get the abs back, but I need them back quick. I know I'll shed the extra pounds easy and losing 15 pounds will probably put me under what Im used to but Id like to get as shredded as possible

Should I lay off the sushi, Id imagine brown rice sushi wouldn't be too bad.

Give me your thoughts FoodGround
4/9/10 4:05 PM
drunkenfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sashimi is your friend.
4/13/10 10:30 AM
Mit
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would eat the sushi only after a strenuous work out as carbs like rice are absorbed by the body much faster and more efficiently. At that time they are used to replenish glycogen stores. When you eat them at non work out times the white rice dumps a bunch of sugar into your blood stream provoking an insulin response. At least that's the way it was explained to me.....I'm def not an expert.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.