UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Renzo promises octagon return

4/11/10 12:18 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

4/11/10 12:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MillhouseMMA
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why
4/11/10 12:21 AM
hankhill
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why?
4/11/10 12:21 AM
GNPfan
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Retire, teach and just enjoy life. No need to take anymore beatings. It was a sad sight seeing how he lost today.
4/11/10 1:47 AM
ajjr0ller
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo v Anthony Perosh..
4/11/10 1:48 AM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyanWilcox - Doesnt sound like Dana White is wanting that to happen after the remark in post fight press conference.

What was Dana's comment?
4/11/10 2:30 AM
ricker

holly shit ppl if memory serves me right Renzo was winning the first two rounds ...... why all the hate ????? you bunch of phony fans ????
4/11/10 2:31 AM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie looked completely gassed halfway through. Hughes looked afraid to engage. Not a good showing by either.
4/11/10 2:32 AM
jacobmandude

ricker - holly shit ppl if memory serves me right Renzo was winning the first two rounds ...... why all the hate ????? you bunch of phony fans ????

...wat?
4/11/10 2:40 AM
ricker

jacobmandude - 
ricker - holly shit ppl if memory serves me right Renzo was winning the first two rounds ...... why all the hate ????? you bunch of phony fans ????

...wat?

do you feel differently if so explane ?
4/11/10 2:47 AM
Leghound
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope not...
4/11/10 2:51 AM
jacobmandude

sure, ill try to explain the best i can from memory..first round not much happened..could have gone to either one from what i remembered matt tried to clinch with renzo but not much was accomplished from either of them, no definitive punches were landed to say that renzo completely won the first round.
the 2nd round the only real strikes that were landed were the leg kicks from matt, renzo went for a take down and got stuffed...the name of the game tonight was the leg kicks from matt...but not much else happened in favor of renzo

and this is coming from a big fan of his..how did you see him winning the first 2 rounds?
4/11/10 3:15 AM
ricker

jacobmandude - sure, ill try to explain the best i can from memory..first round not much happened..could have gone to either one from what i remembered matt tried to clinch with renzo but not much was accomplished from either of them, no definitive punches were landed to say that renzo completely won the first round.
the 2nd round the only real strikes that were landed were the leg kicks from matt, renzo went for a take down and got stuffed...the name of the game tonight was the leg kicks from matt...but not much else happened in favor of renzo

and this is coming from a big fan of his..how did you see him winning the first 2 rounds?

Hummm well I am impresed that you spell better then I do (lol) but I must say after watching the fight twice today I still feel like Renzo won the first 2 rounds with his striking and I am having a hard time with ppl sayin he should retire .... I mean WOW what the hell are they talking about retire ??? .... and oh yea watch the fight agane and count it out 4 your self the first 2 rounds were his (RENZO'S), Matt just kicked his ass in the 3rd and was not that good in the first 2 rounds.
4/11/10 3:17 AM
HuntingtonPUNK

so what happened to Renzo's Jiu-Jitsu?
4/11/10 3:23 AM
ricker

HuntingtonPUNK - so what happened to Renzo's Jiu-Jitsu?

dont know ? wish we could have seen more of it ?
4/11/10 3:26 AM
jacobmandude

i dont see it, sorry.
4/11/10 3:30 AM
ricker

jacobmandude - i dont see it, sorry.

ahhh no worrys its bed time any ways lol we can take it up tomorrow lol ...... G-nite ppl !
4/11/10 3:32 AM
cincibill

Not interested in Renzo vs. anyone.
4/11/10 3:41 AM
tiger07
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for a legend and a hell of a nice guy! He should be proud of his career...I hope he is. He has an indominatable spirit does Renzo, and it's inspiring to see him fight regardless of the outcome.
4/11/10 3:44 AM
ricksongjj

ttt
4/11/10 10:24 AM
dking
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

loved the fight & would love to see Renzo compete again.
4/11/10 10:44 AM
MakeMeBleed
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will always watch  him compete
4/11/10 10:45 AM
MakeMeBleed
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/11/10 10:47 AM
Morgz
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was a boring kickboxing match that Hughes won with superior leg kicks.  I had Renzo winning round 1, Hughes winning round 2, and Hughes winning 3 as well had he not finished.

I hate it that 2 top tier ground game guys fought a kickboxing match.

I love Renzo, wanted badly for him to choke Hughes unconcious.  Maybe they will match Hughes with BigDog?

As for Renzo, I'd love to see him fight again.  He lost to one of the greatest ever at 170.  No shame in that.
4/11/10 10:49 AM
ferocitytv
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was completely baffled by that fight.   Not sure why Renzo seemed intent on keeping it a punching contest.  He should know that Matt  is extremely strong from his wrestling background (wrestlers use a lot of muscle power) and his punches would be devastating.  Isn't it traditional Gracie wisdom that you don't stand an punch with someone like that?  You take them down and use your jiujitsu?  

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.