UnderGround Forums

Training and Gear UnderGround >> question about groin protection equipment

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/11/10 12:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ActiveGuy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you guys use or would recommend. I have been using a traditional plastic hockey cup with jock but find it doesnt work to well :( and is uncomfortable and doesnt stay in place, when doing sparring or practicing. So, what would you recommend, would compression shorts and a different cup be better or anyone other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
4/11/10 11:21 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use a steel muay thai cup inserted into a pair of briefs with an athletic supporter buitl in.  works great and in the even that my shorts get pulled down, my ass wouldn't be hangin out! :-D
6/11/10 10:51 AM
hopkinsbjj

ive used alot of groin guards but found them most of them uncomfortable, i just bought a spider guard and cant talk highly enough about it, its good pretection and easy to wear, yoy should defenitly check it out
6/20/10 9:27 AM
StephenL

fairtex steel cup with the string thong.

i've seen more than one plastic cup wearer writhing on the ground from a nut shot.

i've taken many blows to the cup and the only thing that happens is my sparring partner gets hurt.

stephen
8/19/10 11:25 AM
Lucas Maximus
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

after having been hospitalized with a grapefruit-sized ballbag i wear an xl steel cup with a modified string (the knot is on the front)
8/21/10 6:52 AM
BigSifu

Steel cup is the way to go. Plus you get the North-South Facehumper Knockout added to your toolbox... 
9/21/10 11:29 AM
Imentiu

BigSifu - Steel cup is the way to go. Plus you get the North-South Facehumper Knockout added to your toolbox...

Which is a truly excellent idea.

as far as I'm aware there isn't a "No groin strikes to the head rule" and would certainly bring new meaning to the term "Hit him with your groin"
10/21/10 5:16 PM
MuayTy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steel cup Phone Post
11/6/10 1:16 AM
jayhaas08
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got kicked by a muay Thai instructor and split my plastic cup now I where the steel as well haha Phone Post
2/2/11 2:47 PM
FGr1p63

Plastics can split or doesnt absorb that much as compared to steel cups. plastics can also cause some unmentionable accidents where it splits and something gets caught pinched and you would be in terrible pain.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.