UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Your Chicken Recipes

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/11/10 6:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
El Maquina
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awhile back someone posted a recipe for marinating baked chicken and also setting up meals for the whole week. If anyone could ttt the thread or give any insight it'd be greatly appreciated.
4/12/10 5:48 PM
poolparty

i shake and bake all my chicken.
4/12/10 6:53 PM
TheParrot
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shish taouk is chicken kebobs. This basic recipe includes the marinade and cooking instructions just for the chicken. You can add vegetables to the skewer if desired. I suggest onions, green peppers and mushrooms.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:

• 2 lbs cubed chicken breast
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne

Preparation:

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Allow chicken to marinate for 2-24 hours, covered in the refrigerator.

Place chicken on the skewers (about 5 pieces on each). Grill for 15 minutes or until done. Remember to turn skewers during cooking.

Serve shish taouk with a bed of rice, bread and a salad. Enjoy!

-------------------------------

I also add 3 bell pepper to this.  It makes about 6 kabobs.  Cook em, then dump into a plastic container.  I spread hummus on mine when I eat.  

Also, make sure you marinate for atleat 12 hours.
4/13/10 3:18 PM
GaryG
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

recipe from another OG'r about eggs. I haven't tried it yet

Posted: 19 hours ago Member Since: 1/7/09

they are complete if you "eat" them rectally, which is most commonly done with a turkey baster. the amino acids are shuttled from your colon directly to your muscle cells with a absorption rate of approximately 99.97%, there is almost no loss to the digestion process like you would have if you took them in through your stomach.
4/13/10 7:52 PM
El Maquina

Thanks fellas.

Jkennedy, so are you cooking it every day that week? Are you cooking it all up at once so you don't have to worry about it the rest of the week? I always heard that you shouldn't eat chicken after 3 days.
4/13/10 10:06 PM
Larfox
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A good tip would be to get a George Foreman Grill or anything like it, and when you get up for the day, make all your meals at one time.

So, lets say you marinated your chicken the night before (or beef), take it out of the fridge, and drop it on the foreman grill. Make some eggs (or protein shake etc), go take a shower, come back and you're ready.

What I would recommend though, is making chili on a Sunday night. I have been using a recipe I got online for about 5 years now. The best thing about chili is that the longer it sits (can be for days), the better it tastes.

2 lbs. 93% lean ground beef
1 onion chopped
4 garlic cloves diced
1 tomato chopped
4 (total) red/yellow/green/orange bell peppers
1 large can of kidney beans
1 bottle of V8 Spicy (must be spicy)
Garlic salt, pepper, Chili powder, Cumin *use what you feel is appropriate, I end up dumping more cumin and chili powder.

In a large pan, drop the beef with the onion and garlic, cook until it's mostly brown. Add in the seasoning. Stir for 2 minutes. In the meantime, cut up the rest of the stuff, and dump it into a large pot with the v8. After the beef is done, drain the fat and place in the pot. High heat until it boils, then simmer for at least an hour. Serves at least 3 days of meals (like 9+ servings)

I got the recipe from John Berardi I think, from T-nation back in 2004 or so.
4/14/10 12:59 AM
Wet

Baked Chicken covered with Peanutbutter mixed with brown sugar
4/14/10 6:23 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

Butterfly chicken breasts then beat them so that they are thinner and cook faster.

I use these marinades:

-cracked black pepper and lemon juice.
-Citrus - orange, lemon, lime juice/pulp.
-Yoghurt, curry leaves, red chillis, cumin

Also dry rubs:
-paprika and roast with crumbled feta on top.
-little garlic and onion salt.
4/14/10 8:49 AM
LeftBench
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lately my recipe has been

take chicken, put it on george foreman grill for 9 mins

the end
4/14/10 9:24 AM
Leigh
1186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LeftBench - lately my recipe has been

take chicken, put it on george foreman grill for 9 mins

the end

can't argue, but i'm lazy and like bland food
4/14/10 11:10 AM
Jsteven
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like stuffing whole chickens with citrus, lemon lime oranges, and a few garlic cloves, then tying the legs and seasoning the outside.  Grilling or baking is good i prefer grilling. 

I also love beer can chicken, shove half a can of beer inside and season the outside grill standing upright.  You can also marinade the bird overnight in something acidicy, coca cola works really well.
4/14/10 11:45 AM
shadallion

The best tip I ever learned regarding chicken, particularly boneless, skinless chicken breast, is to BRINE it first.

Brining is so simple. Pour a large bowl of water, and put in a large pinch of kosher salt, a bunch of pepper (or whole pepper corns), some chopped garlic, and a little bit of sugar.

Mix it up and put your chicken breasts in there. You can brine anywhere from 30 minutes to 36 hours.

You will have the juiciest chicken breast imaginable. Do it once and you'll never go back to dry, tough chicken breast again.
4/15/10 9:09 PM
Josh Gibson
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In a crock pot, combine:

2 LBs chopped chicken breast

1 12 oz jar of hot salsa

Half a jar of your favorite nut butter

small knob of chopped ginger

juice of 4 limes

couple tablespoons of soy sauce(your taste may vary)

handful of chopped cilantro(optional)

Cook in crockpot on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

Server over hot quinoa.

Easy as hell recipe. You basically shop everything and throw it in the crock.

You can throw some frozen green beans in about 2 hours before its done cooking as well for extra veggies.
4/17/10 11:00 AM
Wet

Some of you got a lot of time on your hands
4/17/10 3:38 PM
Josh Gibson
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wet - Some of you got a lot of time on your hands

I cook two large one pot or casserole dishes that last through the week.

The rest of my diet is made up of a combination of canned tuna/salmon/herring, eggs, fruit, Ezekiel bread, oats, milk, cheese, whey. None of this stuff takes any time at all.
4/17/10 7:14 PM
Wet

If you can fine a recipe that makes quinoa taste good, that would be impressive
4/18/10 9:16 PM
Josh Gibson

It will basically soak up whatever you cook it in, like rice. I like to saute onions and garlic, then throw in cooked quinoa, soy sauce, sesame oil, frozen peas. Stir fry it.
4/19/10 12:22 PM
big_slacker
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wet - If you can fine a recipe that makes quinoa taste good, that would be impressive

Quinoa is like rice or couscous, it picks up whatever flavor you throw at it. Try with saffron, salt, pepper, chili flakes and sun dried tomato. This goes awesome with chicken.
4/20/10 2:20 AM
CWolvie
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm tryin gthis tonight. Didn't know yuo still were on these forums, big_slacker.
4/20/10 10:34 AM
big_slacker
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did that very same thing (minus the sun dried tomatoes) for lunch/dinner today, with thin sliced lightly salted chicken breast. Awesome.

cwolvie, sent you a PM.
4/21/10 7:09 PM
PTM2020
1910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my threads
4/23/10 3:27 PM
GaryG

shadallion - The best tip I ever learned regarding chicken, particularly boneless, skinless chicken breast, is to BRINE it first.

Brining is so simple. Pour a large bowl of water, and put in a large pinch of kosher salt, a bunch of pepper (or whole pepper corns), some chopped garlic, and a little bit of sugar.

Mix it up and put your chicken breasts in there. You can brine anywhere from 30 minutes to 36 hours.

You will have the juiciest chicken breast imaginable. Do it once and you'll never go back to dry, tough chicken breast again.

I tried brining last weekend and it turned out fantastic. Two large chicken breasts in 1/2 gal of water, I poured a small pile of salt into my palm (maybe 5 - 8 tablespoons???) threw it in the water, left it for appx 4 hours.

Seasoned with garlic powder and baked at 350 for 1/2 hour.

Thanks, and you're right, I won't make chicken again without brining first
4/23/10 5:27 PM
Josh Gibson

Heres one of my real fast go to one pot chicken dishes.

Drizzle olive oil into a large baking dish.

Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, crushed garlic.

Lay boneless, skinless chicken breasts at bottom of pan.

Cover with a layer of frozen broccoli.

Over that, pour a jar of good lower sodium organic pasta sauce.

Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 350 for 40 mins or so.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.