UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vitor on Silva:"DW & the audience have spoken 4 me

4/11/10 7:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JT42382
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belfort on Silva’s performance: “The audience and Dana White has already spoken for me”

Speaking to Tatame Magazine about Silva’s fight with Maia, Belfort said: “Well, I don’t have to say much about it. The audience and Dana White has already spoken for me. This is the way I’m feeling about it now. We think just the same. This answer was given by Dana and everyone else.”

When asked how he would have reacted to “The Spider’s” shenanigans, Belfort said:

It would only have given me strength to go there and show what I do best.”

On the condition of his shoulder, Belfort said:

“Pretty good. I’m in the middle of a treatment, going to the UFC’s doctor that Lorenzo (Fertitta) arranged for me. He’s really liking it. I’ll go there on Tuesday and we will establish the date of my comeback, between August and October.”

“Doing leg preparation, a lot of running and physical preparation so that I don’t overload my shoulder. Now it the time to regain my shoulder’s moves, make it more stable. I can’t do much, but our cross training has been nice, preserving my weigh. It’s all going really, really well, never better. I’m motivated and exited.”

When asked whether a title fight was top of his list upon his return, Belfort said:

“I’m working in this direction. My goal is to fight for the belt. That is what I’m waiting for and is all settled. The shoulder did not made things easy last time, but that’s exactly the reason of my motivation.”

4/11/10 7:49 PM
EvilMaster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Big Cheese
Give Anderson a Brazilian, and he won't fight to finish. I would rather see him fight Chael now.
4/11/10 7:52 PM
iceman420

EvilMaster - Give Anderson a Brazilian, and he won't fight to finish. I would rather see him fight Chael now.

agreed
4/11/10 7:52 PM
D_S_A

CRE - Chael is a better test Dana, don't fall for this shit.

what are you talking about, Vitor has never had a bad fight

really
4/11/10 7:57 PM
Jmunzies
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

id like to see silva stick his chin out to belfort like he did last night!
4/11/10 8:03 PM
bjjboxer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jmunzies -  id like to see silva stick his chin out to belfort like he did last night!

I second this !!!
TheBlazilian
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael ain't got shit for Anderson. I hate to break it to you guys. I'm not an Andy fan, but I'm not going to think Chael takes it based on pure distaste for Anderson.

Let's get real here...
On My Knees for Doom
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D_S_A - 

really

lol
4/11/10 8:08 PM
jjchgo
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EvilMaster - Give Anderson a Brazilian, and he won't fight to finish. I would rather see him fight Chael now.

this is what i'm starting to think.
4/11/10 8:15 PM
Hessian
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a great match it would be with Machida and Anderson. two "elusive" fighters shadow boxing each other while waiting for something to counter punch.

Get gassed and run.

185 and 205 are supposed to be exciting fights not what the current Champs are heaping up. Explain to them again this is MMA not boxing.
4/11/10 8:31 PM
MakeMeBleed
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRE - 
D_S_A - 

really

Seriously?

Also if you think Overeem kicked his ass, wait til Andy gets his hands on him

at that time in his life I dont think its fair to measure his ability.

4/11/10 8:35 PM
Gullivers Travels
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd prefer Chael got first crack at Anderson. He brings a different style and mentality to the fight that would bring the most out of Silva.
4/11/10 8:38 PM
Jeepster
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Put Chael in there soon, I don't want to wait to long. DW should push Silva at this point
4/11/10 8:42 PM
sparkuri

bjjboxer - 
Jmunzies -  id like to see silva stick his chin out to belfort like he did last night!

I second this !!!
That's exactly what I was thinking saturday morning. No way Anderson is that stupid.

4/11/10 8:45 PM
Fugazi

Edited: 04/11/10 8:45 PM
If Belfort won't be ready until Sept-Oct then that gives time to give Sonnen a title shot in June/July and if Silva wins make him fight again in October(against Vitor).<br /><br />No rest for the wicked.
4/11/10 9:34 PM
JT42382
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fugazi - If Belfort won't be ready until Sept-Oct then that gives time to give Sonnen a title shot in June/July and if Silva wins make him fight again in October(against Vitor).<br /><br />No rest for the wicked.

4/11/10 10:05 PM
toshii

lol 
4/11/10 10:12 PM
Xad
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He might want to take a warm up fight first being that he's coming off what sounds to be a pretty bad injury.

Excited about the matchup nonetheless. It would be a great way to pay back fans to put it on free tv, plus they'd get huge ratings so even more advertiser $$$.
4/12/10 2:51 PM
BJJDaddy

I can't see Dana in a big hurry to give Silva another match anytime soon.
4/12/10 4:59 PM
Nomak
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belfort would crack Anderson's skull.

No joke.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.