UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> submissionfighting.com remember that?

4/23/10 3:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Spidermoore
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was at submissionfighting.com before here always with my Spidermoore username.

"Skimmay and Elvis - Tiny Dancer" - Classic

I can't remember which things occurred where but I do recall

- The Mustache Gang (or whatever they called themselves). I was jealous because my mustache is pathetic whenever I try to grow one.

- Todd Atkins and his unpaid $500 bet.

- T0ki and his wingman story (I think that is from MMA.TV days)
4/23/10 3:36 PM
Kurle
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spidermoore - I was at submissionfighting.com before here always with my Spidermoore username.

"Skimmay and Elvis - Tiny Dancer" - Classic

I can't remember which things occurred where but I do recall

- The Mustache Gang (or whatever they called themselves). I was jealous because my mustache is pathetic whenever I try to grow one.

- Todd Atkins and his unpaid $500 bet.

- T0ki and his wingman story (I think that is from MMA.TV days)

I think all of those are from the MMA.tv days... I also think I may have some unused Toki points sitting around if I think about it.
4/23/10 5:07 PM
crowbar
821 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never received the Fighting Sports Newsletter.
4/23/10 5:20 PM
Fighting Legacy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMG...I remember the tiny dancer video. That was hilarious!

OG of the UG since 1999. Who remembers Wraygun?
4/23/10 6:02 PM
Dark Knight
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every other post

FN Updates!!!!!!!
4/23/10 10:20 PM
Winston Wolf
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok real old school prior to the submission fighting days.Anyone remember the old UFC forum ??It was really the roots of the UG.Cant remember many of the names But the 2 best posters used to argue about Royce back and forth.
4/23/10 10:24 PM
crowbar
821 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn`t know that it existed ^^^^^

4/23/10 10:24 PM
Winston Wolf
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ADCC was ok before it wass over turned by what is now fightsport
4/23/10 10:27 PM
Winston Wolf

crowbar the old old old UFC forum was great.Probly was around UFC 8 or so
4/23/10 10:31 PM
Winston Wolf

Edited: 04/23/10 10:30 PM
crowbar if u could ever get ur hands on the fightingsports newsletter do so.In the old days the guy would stapple the pages together Then after about 8 issues he improved it slightly BUt the content to this day was IMO the best the sport has had.Funny thing is some 14 years later NOBODY has ever said who the author was Partly was because he went under and owed people issues But in the year or 2 it was around he never gave his name.I think he was from Georgia.And to this day id have toi say hes probly the most hardcore fan the sport has had Either that or he gave up the sport or died.He probly posts here But never came foward
4/23/10 10:37 PM
crowbar

Edited: 04/23/10 10:43 PM
Sounds like a plan.The only news magazine I have ever bought was Full Contact Fighter & I had no intentions of saving them.I do have the old school FCF shirt.

FCFshirt.jpg picture by TheDropper
4/23/10 10:43 PM
cincibill

I was mat_rat from 98 until about 2001.

I recently trained while out of town on business and the first thing I noticed was the guy had his copy of the fighters notebook. I knew he was good people.
4/23/10 11:01 PM
glock4life
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I miss the old days.
4/23/10 11:01 PM
glock4life
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I miss the old days.
4/23/10 11:58 PM
bismanfightclub

From what I've heard it was shut down before I got a computer.
4/24/10 2:03 AM
Chokeyou2

Fight Resource & iFight Athletics, Owner
Kirik -  Anyone remember the UG's forerunner - The Art of NHB Fighting on aol? A partnership with FightingTalk.com get things moving.

It was 'The sport of NHB fighting'. It started on AOL, then moved to one of Gabe's fwager directories on javanet, then hooked up with Mike's FightingTalk.com to create the UG on Submissionfighting.com.
4/24/10 2:22 AM
angryguy
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember having to to type mma.tv and wondering whay the hell is .tv. At the time the only .tv sites i hit were mma.tv and ufc.tv. Lots of fun less malicious debates. Bobbsappfan??
4/24/10 2:41 AM
toldhimthat1yr ago

I first found this forum in sept 99, when it was dominated by MTripp & Quincy Rice judo posts, Liuke Beston vs Michigan Judo, Machine May, remember Adam from Conns posts about virginity & penis size that were 100+ posts on a weekly basis (RIP brother), remember when Sakuraba made his run against the Gracies it was nonstop discussion about that and his highlight vid with U2 song, also the hype/posts before the Jens Pulver vs BJ Penn fight was epic, this forum was about 60/40 in favor of Jens but a lot of heated discussions on that fight on this forum way back
4/24/10 3:02 AM
Winston Wolf

Rockcod - 
Winston Wolf - ok real old school prior to the submission fighting days.Anyone remember the old UFC forum ??It was really the roots of the UG.Cant remember many of the names But the 2 best posters used to argue about Royce back and forth.

That sounds like the alt.ufc Usenet newsgroup. Two guys, dreestwd7 and JumpinMF fought over Royce Gracie CONSTANTLY.

ya thats it Wonder if Jumpin MF posts here anymore
4/27/10 11:35 AM
ttc

remember tank on irc chat doing a question and answer?

terrible

5/3/10 3:12 AM
Cal Cooper
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - crowbar if u could ever get ur hands on the fightingsports newsletter do so.In the old days the guy would stapple the pages together Then after about 8 issues he improved it slightly BUt the content to this day was IMO the best the sport has had.Funny thing is some 14 years later NOBODY has ever said who the author was Partly was because he went under and owed people issues But in the year or 2 it was around he never gave his name.I think he was from Georgia.And to this day id have toi say hes probly the most hardcore fan the sport has had Either that or he gave up the sport or died.He probly posts here But never came foward

This is a cool thread.

Hey Winston, you got a copy of that Newsletter?? I don't even remember it, but a few people on here have asked me about it. I used to do the New Full Contact and later launched the ADCC site. After several people mentioning the Newsletter I googled it and finally found a PDF pic of an ad for the Newsletter in Blackbelt(??) magazine. The address for it was Duluth, GA. The same town I was living in at the time! Then I understood why people assumed it was me. Now that you're raving about the content I'd love to see one. You can reach me at calcooper4@comcast.net . I never did any news in print outside of some magazine
columns.

BTW, I still have many of The New Full Contact files. I've thought about re-posting some retro news someday.
5/3/10 3:39 AM
droc

<:(((>< - Ginger! Thats one I haven't heard in a while.

What about Lord Rothermore and Jony?

I still have my SFUK shirt.

I have about 20 SFUK shirts in a bag in my basement. Never worn.

I have others that I still wear regularly, I love the "dynamic blow job" as it was renamed by the SWS.

DROC
5/3/10 4:31 AM
Attila
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems like there's one of these threads every 6 months or so.
5/3/10 4:58 AM
Pilot201
2195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

late 96/early 97 for me, Gokorfan. Those times were magical, clammoring to the site to hear the latest results since everything was happening abroad or on a reservation somewhere. Jeremy Horn was an up and comer then, fighting nearly every damned weekend. Those are the years we kept the sport alive. It was truly underground and we loved that about it.
5/3/10 5:07 AM
Pilot201
2195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yep, but do you remember that feeling, the excitement. Going crazy for the smallest tidbit of anything MMA, etc. The updates were so few and far between that it just seemed like christmas morning to log in and see results, or hear about who's talking shit about who. And the persona's of the forum members back in the day, it was a crazy thing from the major forum rockstars to the bit players, and everthing in between.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.