UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 115: Soldout in less than 30 minutes.

4/13/10 2:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JimmyCordovaJr
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

danawhite Vancouver sold out in 30 mins!!!! Thank you vancouver we worked hard on getting it there. Thank you mayor robertson From Dana's Twitter. UFC Record. Sold out before being available for Public. UFC Fight Club took them all.

Dana White: Vancouver's UFC 115 tickets sold out in record 30 minutes

A day after the organization officially announced UFC 115 for Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, the June event has already sold out. 

In a post on his official Twitter account, Ultimate Fighter Championship president Dana White stated tickets for the June 12 sold out in 30 minutes. 

UFC Fight Club members caused the sellout before tickets event went on sale to the general public and a day before a designated pre-sale for UFC.com newsletter subscribers. 

The UFC Fight Club is the UFC's official fan club, and annual membership dues give members the first opportunity to purchase tickets.

Today's pre-sale for the members began at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT). At 1:44 p.m. ET, White posted, "Vancouver sold out in 30 mins!!!! Thank you vancouver we worked hard on getting it there. Thank you mayor robertson." 

Assuming White's message is correct, UFC 115 is now the fastest sellout in UFC history. UFC 83, which took place in Montreal as Canada's first-ever UFC event, previously held the record. After the pre-sale period, the show sold out less than a minute into the public on-sale date. 

Despite the overwhelming demand, UFC 115 was nearly moved from Vancouver to Cincinnati. However, two weeks ago, a three-hour emergency meeting of the Vancouver City Council, which included UFC officials, satisfied the city's concerns over legal liability and insurance costs. 

The full UFC 115 card includes:

MAIN CARD
  • Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin
  • Patrick Barry vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic
  • Martin Kampmann vs. Paulo Thiago
  • Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
  • Evan Dunham vs. Tyson Griffin
PRELIMINARY CARD 
  • Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman
  • Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel
  • Peter Sobotta vs. James Wilks
  • Ricardo Funch vs. Claude Patrick
  • Jesse Lennox vs. Mike Pyle
For the latest on UFC 115, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

4/13/10 2:57 PM
Tomato Can
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is not a very inspiring card.
4/13/10 2:58 PM
JimmyCordovaJr
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You would think so, but it's usually these "shitty" cards which have the best overall fights/knockouts/submissions.
4/13/10 2:59 PM
JimmyCordovaJr

Also can anyone tell me what happend to the Thiago vs Fitch fight? I thought it was on 115?
4/13/10 3:00 PM
scrappydoo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canada "the mecca of Mixed Martial Arts" - DW
4/13/10 3:02 PM
tbizzle
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ticketbrokers IMO 
4/13/10 3:03 PM
Tomato Can
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JimmyCordovaJr - Also can anyone tell me what happend to the Thiago vs Fitch fight? I thought it was on 115?

You mean Fitch/Alves II? I hope it's true, it would improve the card in a huge way.
4/13/10 3:04 PM
SandraBullockFan
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not a great card but i will probably purchase for ace
4/13/10 3:06 PM
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guess I won't be going after all

And I think Alves is still waiting for medical clearance before the match is added
4/13/10 3:07 PM
JimmyCordovaJr

da Vinci 81 - guess I won't be going after all

And I think Alves is still waiting for medical clearance before the match is added

Oh ok, Thanks. Hopefully it does get added.
4/13/10 3:09 PM
Brian123
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A "real" card in Toronto would be sub 5 minutes on the presale.

Canada likes its MMA and is already turning the corner (was barely affected?) on the recession so discretionary income isn't an issue.
Fugazi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Fitch-Alves gets added that card is great.

As it stands now? Fairly mediocre. But if it's sold out already is there much incentive for the UFC brass to add the Fitch fight? Hope so, it'd probably boost PPV sales a bit...
BanTheUKmmaNoobs

This card is lackluster. I don't like the cut of it's jib...
4/13/10 3:10 PM
orcus

BanTheUKmmaNoobs - This card is lackluster. I don't like the cut of it's jib...

No british guys you can pretend will be champs?
4/13/10 3:12 PM
Jack Skellington
815 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no shocker there, MMA is HUGE in BC
4/13/10 3:13 PM
Fugazi

Goes to show why Canada deserves a few UFC's a year. They sell out quick and the crowds are always really into it and educated.

ttt for Canada,eh?
4/13/10 3:17 PM
FightinMD
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tbizzle - ticketbrokers IMO 

Yup. Same thing happened in Montreal, and my friend, a "broker" said he had to unload at face value on the day of the show.
4/13/10 3:21 PM
KC007

MMA is retarded big here in Canada. Once Ontario sanctions MMA and UFC comes, I'll give it 20mins for it to sell out.
4/13/10 3:24 PM
BanTheUKmmaNoobs

orcus - 
BanTheUKmmaNoobs - This card is lackluster. I don't like the cut of it's jib...

No british guys you can pretend will be champs?

No. Two shot fighters in the main event and no other interesting fights.

Even if they add Fitch-Alves II, that doesn't save it because Fitch is more boring than watching paint dry...
4/13/10 3:25 PM
goku

my god these desperate canadians
4/13/10 3:33 PM
Nexuscrawlers
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is a good card, you guys just must only like big names. that being said, they should get bigger venues if thy can sell out "carppy" cards in 30 mins....
4/13/10 3:35 PM
JimmyCordovaJr

GM Place will hold over 20,000 with the floor opened up. Its at 18,600 roughly with the ice rink.

Also GM Place has no shitty view from ANY seat. Even the nosebleeds. I'm worried if you move it into a giant place, you wont see shit.
4/13/10 3:35 PM
JimmyCordovaJr

GM Place will hold over 20,000 with the floor opened up. Its at 18,600 roughly with the ice rink.

Also GM Place has no shitty view from ANY seat. Even the nosebleeds. I'm worried if you move it into a giant place, you wont see shit.
4/13/10 3:36 PM
ajjr0ller
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who paid to watch this??
4/13/10 3:38 PM
JimmyCordovaJr

MMA fans paid to watch it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.