UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Does anyone know???

4/15/10 2:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wardance5
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How fast you can make a non turbo 93-98 supra I know the twin turbos and big single turbos can push out over 1000hp if you put the right things on the car I just want to find out what the extent of the non turbo. Will it do the same if u do a turbo conversion or what?
4/15/10 6:10 PM
07BSPXR
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

like what it can take power wise?  not nearly as much. n/a supras have 2jz-ge's in them, turbo supras have 2jz-gte's  dont quote me but i think no forged internals and a higher compression ratio are the main difference. check out suprastore.com for stuff to beef it up 
4/19/10 9:41 AM
Pig Bun
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pretty sure the turbo versions came with stronger tranny and rears, also.

I was looking at these several years ago, and probably thinking the same things you are. If you want silly power, start with a turbo version. But if you are going for unGOdly power and will be changing everything anyway....
4/19/10 11:45 AM
07BSPXR
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pig Bun - I'm pretty sure the turbo versions came with stronger tranny and rears, also.

I was looking at these several years ago, and probably thinking the same things you are. If you want silly power, start with a turbo version. But if you are going for unGOdly power and will be changing everything anyway....

yeah didnt bring up the drivetrain. non turbo models had 5 speed manuals and turbos have 6 speed Getrag. both get 4 speed autos. 
4/22/10 10:46 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The automatics are good for 500hp on a daily basis while the 5 speed is plenty strong.

The things that kill trannies are crazy launches and we all know supras are better left out of contests that feature stand starts.

Turboing the 2jz will net plenty of hp but it's best to stay around 12 to 14 psi which, with the non-turbo compression ratio, should net over 300hp.

At 300 to 400hp, your drivetrain should not suffer.

If you want to go further, you will have to lower the compression a bit.
4/22/10 10:56 PM
Pig Bun
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/22/10 10:57 PM
Wow!!! right response to the right person, but on the WRONG thread!!! what a glitch!!
4/23/10 8:37 AM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best for him to lurk at supraforums.com for a bit and look over other people's normally aspirated-to-Turbo builds.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.