UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 11, episode 3 recap

4/15/10 4:16 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1033 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

With a supposedly outmatched Team Liddell taking the season's opening quarterfinal fight on the previous edition of "The Ultimate Fighter 11," episode No. 3 opens up with Team Ortiz looking to close the gap. But first, UFC president Dana White has an important announcement.

With all 14 fighters gathered in the gym, White comes in with both Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz and announces that Chris Camozzi is being forced to leave due to a jaw fracture suffered in his preliminary round fight.

Ortiz is upset, Camozzi is disappointed, and both teams rally around the departing fighter.

"It's horrible to be leaving now," Camozzi says. "I was ready to go. I didn't want to give up on my dream, injury or not. I would have loved to have stayed.

"It took me years to get hear, and it took seconds to lose it."

Camozzi tries to stay positive as he departs the gym, but his pain is obvious. White announces that four fighters who were eliminated in the preliminary fights have been medically cleared to return, and Ortiz and his coaches are tasked with picking someone to come back.

We flash quickly to a Team Liddell training session, and after a win, the energy level is high in the camp. Liddell is seen offering some hands on advice to his fighters, and the team seems to be responding well to the instruction. John Hackleman also says the overall vibe is very upbeat.

After a commercial break, Team Liddell's Charles Blanchard, trained neuromuscular therapist, is shown offering some therapeutic massages. Nick Ring is the recipient of the attention, and Team Ortiz's Kris McCray points out that the late-night body work isn't his cup of tea.

There's a bit of uncomfortable exchanges between Ring, McCray and Jamie Yager before bedtime regarding the "3 a.m. man-on-man massages," but it's light banter overall.

The next morning, both teams are gathered, and Team Ortiz's replacement fighter is named: Seth Baczynski, who lost a hard-fought battle to Court McGee in the preliminary round.

Baczynski admits his quick reversal of fortune has thrown him for a loop.

"It hasn't even really all set in yet," Baczaynski admits. "I'm just still wandering around like a chicken with his head cut off. I don't really know the system, so I'm just kind of getting adapted and used to everything."

The next fight announcement is due, and while Team Ortiz assumes their new recruit will be heading immediately to the chopping block, Liddell picks MMAjunkie.com blogger Brad Tavares to meet James Hammortree.

Ortiz calls the fight a must-win, and White says he believes both fighters are tough and talented.

read entire recap...

4/15/10 7:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kostakio
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Nick even gay anyway?
4/15/10 7:46 AM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - Is Nick even gay anyway?

if he aint he is the most 'super' awesome person in that house... his new nickname should be shocolate starfish!
4/15/10 7:49 AM
Kostakio
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hahahaha is it me or does he sound... uhh... "special"... when he speaks sometimes. It must be the Canadian accent. haha juuuuust kidding! He's a likable dude though.
4/15/10 9:36 AM
The Elastic Assassin
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick is either a mildy retarded gay man or a super intelligent troll that is a master at mind games.....

the jury is still out.....
4/15/10 10:06 AM
FLICKFACE
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he is just canadian. alot of canadian's sound like that!
4/15/10 10:10 AM
HammerHands
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Elastic Assassin - nick is either a mildy retarded gay man or a super intelligent troll that is a master at mind games.....

the jury is still out.....

He is an OGer, but that doesnt really clear anyrthing up
4/15/10 10:13 AM
cau
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As someone who knows Nick Ring for about 12 years (and trained Muay Thai and BJJ w/ him) I can definitaly say, no, hes not gay, even remotely. Quite the opposite.

And, as for him as a fighter - you'll see.
4/15/10 10:24 AM
The Elastic Assassin
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cau - As someone who knows Nick Ring for about 12 years (and trained Muay Thai and BJJ w/ him) I can definitaly say, no, hes not gay, even remotely. Quite the opposite.

And, as for him as a fighter - you'll see.

so no eye contact then?....
4/15/10 10:29 AM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/15/10 10:41 AM
Miedin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy is gay whether he knows it or not. Forget the body language and late night man rubs, listen to that accent/lisp!

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
4/15/10 11:00 AM
The Sultan
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/15/10 11:00 AM
 "Despite the loss, Ortiz lets his team know that he appreciates the effort Hammortree put into the contest. Hammortree is disappointed at the result, and Ortiz is frustrated and believes his fighter was wronged."

Shit like this is why Ortiz is a great coach!  He backs up his fighter, stands behind him even when he loses and seems to genuinely be on his fighter's side.

I hated/cringed watching Matt Hughes make his guy feel like he "fucked up the game plan" when some of his fighters lost just because he's competitive.

4/15/10 11:00 AM
Gumbybo

lol...Nick is definetly not gay...I have known this guy for over 10 years...but the best thing about him is that he is such a confident guy and fighter he won't even care that this is brought up as a question.

Amazing fighter and coach and one of the nicest guys I have ever met.
4/15/10 11:02 AM
The Sultan
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/15/10 11:02 AM
 I've never been comfortable with a male massage.  To this day I only got massaged by a trainer who was great at getting deep knots out and the relief of getting out a massive knot superceded the uncomfort of a male massage. 

but fuck that 3 am late night shit, lol
4/15/10 11:08 AM
Kostakio

I hope he does well in this tournament and at some point humbles Jager (or whatever) and the other dude.
4/15/10 11:12 AM
Kostakio

Eddie, I'm with you. I do not want to be massaged by a dude unless there are like a LOT of people/teammates around and it's in a professional setting (i.e. UFC's backstage physical therapy room). *shudders*
4/15/10 11:15 AM
Gumbybo

Edited: 04/15/10 11:15 AM
Man....If I was in a house to do nothing but train, eat, sleep and recover...and one of the guys was a registered massage therapist and offered to help out I would totally take advantage of it. Therapy is therapy from a dude or a chick...pretty sure this isn't the type of massage that ends in a "happy ending". Maybe some of the guys on this forum partake in too many of the "happy ending" type massages and automatically think of that when anyone mentions a massage. <br /><br />Who gives a shit if its at 2am...picture being in a house with nothing to do but train, eat and sleep. Pretty sure they crash after training so staying up till 2am is probably not a big deal. They are probably the team that train in the afternoon.
4/15/10 12:35 PM
HereWeAre

Hammortree was robbed.
4/15/10 1:01 PM
Kostakio

HereWeAre - Hammortree was robbed.
I  was rooting for him but I have to agree with the decision. He lost... marginally.

4/15/10 1:20 PM
HereWeAre

How did he lose that last round when he got the takedown and mount and then the rest of the round was spent basically in a stalemate?
4/15/10 2:12 PM
cau
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Elastic Assassin, any chance you're coming to Calgary, or some town close to? Just so you can show me your sense of humor then.
4/15/10 6:38 PM
MentaL

4/15/10 6:40 PM
HuntingtonPUNK

Hammortree was robbed.
4/15/10 6:50 PM
randysan

HuntingtonPUNK - Hammortree was robbed.

no doubt i cant find a round that Tavares won?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.