UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator 14 results

4/15/10 9:54 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1067 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Winner Loser Method Round Time
Toby Imada James Krause Submission 2nd 2:44
Ben Askren Ryan Thomas Submission 1st 2:40
Wilson Reis Shad Lierley Submission 3rd 3:33
Pat Curran Mike Ricci KO 1st 3:01
Bryan Goldsby Jeff Curran Decision 3rd  
Jessica Rakoczy Felice Herrig Decision 3rd  
Louis Taylor Ryan Sturdy TKO/RSC 1st 1:08

4/15/10 9:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TapouT24
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good fights tonight except for thomas/askren BS. Would love to see the Pat Curran fight since FSN is shitty in Boston and has to show the Celtics.
4/15/10 10:00 PM
EvilMaster

The Big Cheese
Go Big Frog!
4/15/10 10:09 PM
Sk1tzO420

I thought Mazzagatti was bad, hes sayin FIRE THAT MOTHER FUCKER!!!
4/15/10 10:51 PM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

did jeff curran win
4/15/10 10:54 PM
MATBATTLING SWOCK SUCKER
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jsteven - did jeff curran win

???
4/15/10 11:01 PM
MATBATTLING SWOCK SUCKER
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know Reis, Imada, Askren, and Pat Curran won.  I watched those fights but Jeff Curran was after the show went off the air.  Askren fight was very controversial.
The Sundance Kid

I guess I"m a dumb ass I assume the winners are on the left?

How did the Thomas/Askren fight go?
The Sundance Kid

What happened?
4/15/10 11:04 PM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bad decision on the curran fight i guess
4/15/10 11:44 PM
HOWtasteMYbigPP
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I love MMA. I cannot wait till 5-10 years from now when all the judges and referees in every state are educated enough to know what they are doing.
4/16/10 12:16 AM
EvilMaster

The Big Cheese
Pat Curran did a fantastic job! I thought Ricci was going to destroy him. Good stuff. Now I gotta keep my eye on Pat Curran by the looks of it.

Back to the drawing board for Ricci though. Oh well, Georges and the boys will whip him into shape soon enough. :(
4/16/10 12:30 AM
bubbyDAhawk
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/16/10 12:32 AM
Jsteven -  bad decision on the curran fight i guess

bad decision?? ..goldsby out moved curran and out struck him 10-1..also dropping him in the first damn near unconscious..bryan cut him up pretty bad..took him down 2-3 times to side mount..over all out worked curran..cant take anything from both fighters..29-28 goldsby
4/16/10 12:37 AM
mike pruitt 1970

If Bellator doesnt give Thomas a rematch then that shit was fixed.
4/16/10 12:41 AM
MattBenwa
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the worst stoppages in recent memory - that ref needs to be fired, now.
4/16/10 12:50 AM
AOmonsta
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched this one live tonight, great event overall. I'm loving this Bellator on every thursday night. May have some competition next week, because the NFL draft is on, but i'll be flipping back and forth.

The Curran KO was awesome. Those shots after the knockdown were brutal. Two weeks straight with awesome KO's.

The Reis/Lierley fight was real entertaining in the first round. Real scrappy and hail marry punches thrown. After the 1st round though, Reis took over with his superior ground game. Oh and Lierley looks like Josh Thomson's brother. I think his future may be pretty bright.

The Askren/Thomas was for sure controversial. From what i saw Thomas was in a really screwed up spot. Reminded me of that Dan Miller IFL guillotine the way his neck was. Thomas was motionless and face turning red, so it was an iffy call imo, but still should have went on. I don't think they'll give an immediate rematch. I suggest Thomas gets win bonus, plus becomes 1st alternate in the tourney in case anyone gets injured.

I still don't get why Bellator has put the supposed "main" as the 3rd fight. I don't care for that.

The Imada fight was back and forth throughout. Each man being on top and bottom position, plus Krause cut 35 lbs in a week is crazy. He just got one of those long limps caught. and i don't really remember, but i think Imada was close to getting an omaplata at one point.

Overall good night of fights and really excited about seeing Hornbuckle and Pitbull next week.

4/16/10 1:20 AM
AOmonsta
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh plus i saw a lot of Tracy Lee. So i was happy face.
4/16/10 1:49 AM
sside maurice
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goldsby looked good and won a clear decision. The much, much closer decision was Herrig's fight.

Askren ate a few shots early, but then took over the fight with his wrestling. Nonetheless, it was a very bad stoppage by the ref.

Imada and Reis showcased their very slick ground skills. Reis showed absolutely textbook BJJ: take him down, pass to mount, soften him up with strikes, take his back, RNC.

Pat Curran's fight started off slow but ended quickly. Ricci was KOed by a right hand standing and then ate about 3 extra shots on the ground before the ref stepped in. Very impressive performance.
4/16/10 1:55 AM
SD CARTEL
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toby Imaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
4/16/10 8:01 AM
Nexuscrawlers
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome event. UFC should use the bellator model and just do 3 tournaments a year for title shots witht he champ fighting 3 times a year. Bellator!
4/16/10 9:31 AM
Jsteven

bubbyDAhawk - 
Jsteven -  bad decision on the curran fight i guess

bad decision?? ..goldsby out moved curran and out struck him 10-1..also dropping him in the first damn near unconscious..bryan cut him up pretty bad..took him down 2-3 times to side mount..over all out worked curran..cant take anything from both fighters..29-28 goldsby
I didnt see it i meant to have a question mark there, I misread what Rossen said i thought Curran had the mount a bunch of times and he was being sarcastic about the judging.

4/16/10 11:01 AM
shootfightermike
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
4/16/10 11:07 AM
asscobra
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AnthonySullivan - 
mike pruitt 1970 - If Bellator doesnt give Thomas a rematch then that shit was fixed.

I agree.  I just watched it and that was some bullshit.  Does Bellator plan to protect him all the way to the title?  That referee was on the take.
Not all refs are BJJ BBs like Big John and Yamasaki. I can see how it might have looked like Thomas was in trouble but this guy is obviously uneducated in submissions. Thomas did have his eyes closed and he didn't signal that he was ok. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.