UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> ? about reposession law

4/17/10 9:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Atecexa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pardon any legal ignorance I may have but corect any inaccuracies I may have.

Any reposession of property is a civil matter not a criminal matter correct?

A bank cannot get the local police or courts involved in recovering property like a car correct?

Can I be held criminally liable if I "part out" a car I know a bank wants to reposess just to "stick it to the man"?

Any help is appreciated thanks
4/19/10 12:05 PM
StephenL

the man may attach a lien to something else of value.

they know everything about you.

stephen
4/19/10 10:14 PM
Atecexa

how can a bank who has a lien on a piece of property attach a lien to something else you own totally seperate from the original collateral?
4/19/10 11:21 PM
jbapk

Why is it so damn hard to defraud a bank?

WHY GOD WHY??!?
4/20/10 2:53 PM
Fake Pie
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"A bank cannot get the local police or courts involved in recovering property like a car correct?"

They absolutely can. Sheriffs serve civil subpoenas and assist in all kinds of repossessions, subject to a court order of course. It is quite common.
4/22/10 10:06 AM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you really just ask if it's legal to sell something you don't own?
4/22/10 8:48 PM
Atecexa

lol that's why I love lawyers.

"people like you are the reason why this country is headed straight down the shitter. no one takes any personal responsibility for anything anymore. seriously, the more i think about this the more i hope you commit suicide"

to a certain degree yes but the auto lending crisis of 2008 did not destroy our economy. MERS and FannieMae courtesy of Paulson, Barney Frank Chris Dodd and company did that

Banks are the biggest scum bags out there. I had one credit card that I owed about $3800 on that we used for major emergencies that we always paid on time and never in the 10+ years we had that card ever missed a payment in fact most of the time we were months ahead. I go to rent a moving truck one day to find out the card doesnt work. So I call the bank to ask if they recieved my payment. "Oh yes we recieved the payment." "so why isn't my card working" "Oh I aplogize sir that card account was closed yesterday" "By Who?" "Every 3 months we review FICO scores and your score now falls below our standard so we terminated the account" I politely told them they may as well charge off the account now because after a stunt like that they will never see a dime from me.

Last I knew reposessions were civil issues not criminal.

And when you finance something it doesnt mean you dont own it. You do own it, a bank just has a lien on it. There is a difference.
4/22/10 9:35 PM
jbapk

Atecexa, were you the guy who used to post nutty diet advice on the strength and conditioning forum?
4/26/10 9:46 PM
Atecexa

riiiiiiiiiiiiiight because lawyers are only concerned about right and wrong
4/27/10 3:33 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What does it mean to own property?
5/1/10 12:22 AM
jbapk

turducken - 
jbapk - Atecexa, were you the guy who used to post nutty diet advice on the strength and conditioning forum?

yea, pretty sure he put his infant on a creatine cycle

That's the one.

If I remember correctly he is also a christian fundie who thinks the world is only 10,000 years old based on biblical literalism.

Apparently his christian values don't include paying his debts, or not defrauding people.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.