UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> F5 BIG IP

4/17/10 11:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tycoon
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone using this load balancer? What is your experience with it?
4/18/10 10:25 AM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not I, but I do hear good things about it.
4/20/10 10:31 PM
OnCall
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not hands on with it but have helped do some setup and troubleshooting. It usually works well but I have seen a few times over about 8 years where certain things have gone screwy. That alone shouldn't scare you off though as I'm talking about probably 5 times in over 8 years for multiple devices. What do you want to know?
5/30/10 3:23 PM
rfquinn
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a couple of Cisco ACE's at work that do mostly the same thing.  I've seen the Big IP, and the GUI does look nicer.  F5 is the big dog in the application load balancing market, from my understanding.
6/9/10 10:58 AM
unclephilly
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have 2 where I work here at the hospital.
Good machines. if you are planning on getting one make sure you get the one that has the duel gig ports.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.