UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ryan Thomas back in the Bellator Tournament!

4/19/10 6:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PureBader
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/19/10 6:21 PM

I just got an email from the people at Bellator and it looks like Ryan Thomas will step in as an alternate right away in this tournament.

http://www.purefight.org/topics/view/1273-ryan-thomas-gets-second-chance

4/19/10 6:27 PM
fabes
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie - lets say the ref didnt stop the fight....was he getting out of that choke?

anyway he deserves another chance.

No way of knowing the answer to that. Glad he's getting another chance though.
4/19/10 6:28 PM
TalkShowOnMute
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie - lets say the ref didnt stop the fight....was he getting out of that choke?

anyway he deserves another chance.

I would say 50/50. He wasn't out and it was obviously being applied full force..he was bracing with one arm to protect one carotid and was waiting it out...

50% chance Ben may have mad an adjustment to strengthen the choke, as the choke was NOT doing the job.

or

50% chance his arms would have burnt out and Ryan would have escaped.

Without a crystal ball the argument is irrelevant.

He is back. Good to hear.

4/20/10 1:53 AM
rsiuc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AWESOME!

I have a lot of respect for Bellator now.

I couldn't find the tourney bracket anywhere, does Thomas face Askren next round after a win?
4/20/10 3:02 AM
Crooklyn
707 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck Support Team
 www.tapoutlive.com/media/8025/041910_TapouT_Radio_Ryan_Thomas/
4/20/10 6:34 AM
soldave
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gutted for Jimmy Wallhead who cant make this tourney because of Icelands fag volcano
4/20/10 8:18 AM
d00d

Classy thing to do from the Bellator and here's a hoping for the rematch, that would settle it. I personally belive that the choke was tighter than Thomas let people know and he wouldn't have made it out of there... why would he close his eyes and go limb when the ref asks him to give a signal if he's ok? He Ken Shamrock'd it, imo, to put the blame on the referee and get another fight.
4/20/10 8:36 AM
Tim Wills

True justice. And yes Ryan would have got out of it. This will be a great fight.
4/20/10 8:58 AM
d00d

Morning Bell - he didn't go limp, you dickhead.
Ok, super relaxed and and eyes closed like a limp dickhead. You can't expect these refs to be BJM's and take a hand on your head as a sign that you're ok.
4/20/10 9:01 AM
kcbjj
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully, that ref won't be back.
4/20/10 10:05 AM
AOmonsta
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hope he does the most with this new opportunity. Good luck to him.
4/20/10 11:39 AM
Tim Wills

The Tank Engine has something to prove this time. Hopefully he is on the same side of the bracket as Askren. He will hurt him if he is.
4/20/10 12:52 PM
Bruce_Testones

You can bend your arm like that to brace your head if you're unconscious. Ref doesn't know shit, cuz if he was out that arm wouldn't be in that position. Would he have gotten out of it, we'll never know. Still a premature stoppage nonetheless. Good to see him getting a second chance in the tourny.
4/20/10 2:14 PM
Tim Wills

I don't think that you will see him ref any more Bellator fights. The ISAC hired him. They should have hired Rob Hines from Combat Consulting.
4/20/10 3:50 PM
MetaDevil
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good on Bellator, that was an entertaining show ... outside of the early stoppage, of course.
4/20/10 4:40 PM
mike pruitt 1970

Thank you Bellator Thomas fans deserve a fair fight. Now you should have a guest ref (Lyman Good) if thomas and Askren fight again. GO TANK ENGINE!!
4/20/10 6:14 PM
mike pruitt 1970

He wasnt trying to get out of it that's the whole point. He was letting Askren wear some strength down. But I forgot eveybody is a world champ from the couch.
4/21/10 8:37 AM
Tim Wills

This will be an awesome fight. Both fighters very skilled in jiu jitsu. I believe that Thomas will bang this guy out. He is hungry and wants to get back to Askren. I predict that it will be Thomas and Hornbuckle in the finals. That fight will produce fireworks.
4/21/10 10:36 AM
The Sundance Kid

I just got off the phone with Ryan, Such a good guy.

Look for a new interview latertoday.
4/21/10 10:53 AM
Baki Stout

Thats awesome to hear! I see Thomas in the finals...
4/21/10 12:34 PM
Baki Stout

Ryase - I guess all the crying paid off.

you call it crying, I call it getting what is due to you... Learn some respect!
4/21/10 12:55 PM
Combat Sport Fan

kcbjj - Hopefully, that ref won't be back.

every ref makes a mistake. The guy had is arms looking like trex and his eyes closed. THe ref stepped in too quick though but i understand why he did it. Its about protecting the fighters and these guys have a lot of preassure to protect them.

And bellator is a fantastic org and i love what they are doing for the sport. I hope Dana and the UFC embrace them and use them as a stepping stone to get a ufc contract. Win the bellator tourny and you are shown to be a very worthy fighter of getting in the big show.
4/21/10 10:53 PM
mike pruitt 1970

Trains more than u sleep.Sacrifices more then you can imagine.Eats sleeps and breaths fighting then mistake (lack of submissions knowledge) by the Ref and its gone. You call that crying. Thank you GOD oh yea valcano nice touch.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.