UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Karalexis calls out Cowboy

4/20/10 10:10 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Six months following their fight of the year performance at WEC 43, lightweight champion Benson Henderson and Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone are one week away from doing it all over again at WEC 48, except this time the bout will air live on Pay-Per-View.

However, one fighter in the WEC 155-lbs division does not feel that Cerrone has done much to warrant a third title shot. WEC lightweight and UFC veteran Alex Karalexis recently spoke with Heavy.com and expressed his frustrations regarding Cerrone.

“What has “Cowboy” done? This is going to be his third title loss if he loses. To me, he hasn’t made a name for himself as far as he hasn’t beaten anyone that he wasn’t supposed to beat,” Karalexis said. “All he’s done so far is his job. What, because the guy walks around with his cowboy hat on and has that TapouT deal and they promote him?”

“[Cerrone] hasn’t impressed me. Just because he’s good at taking a beating, like, I don’t get it. I’m confused. He’s talented, he’s a good fighter and he brings it, so I know why the fans like him. I enjoy watching him fight, but I’m sitting here watching him get all these title shots and I’m thinking why? Just because he’s beating kids he’s supposed to beat? Maybe I’m old school,” Karalexis said with a chuckle.

After a one-year hiatus due to injuries, Karalexis (1-2 UFC, 4-2 WEC) will also be competing at WEC 48 against Anthony Pettis on the preliminary card that will air live on Spike TV. The Boston native acknowledges Cerrone’s toughness, but does not believe “Cowboy” should be receiving multiple opportunities when others who have been working just as hard and have not been granted one.

“He’s got to do something, I mean, how many opportunities is this kid going to get?” Karalexis said. “He better win this fight. If he doesn’t, what are they going to do with him? He’s lost three title fights! I’ve been here for how long and I haven’t even gotten one.”

Cerrone’s losses to Jamie Varner and Henderson were close bouts in which Cerrone displayed tremendous heart – but they were still defeats. “Cowboy” followed both of those losses up with submission victories over James Krause and Ed Ratcliff, but Karalexis is not impressed.

“It’s like dude you lost two [expletive] title fights, you got beat both times. What’s your claim to fame? You beat up a washed up Rob McCullough? Where’s Rob now? So, it’s like know your role and don’t walk around like a [expletive] bad ass because you haven’t done anything yet,” Karalexis said.

read entire article...

4/20/10 10:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Scott Rotem
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alex Karalexis?

LOL

Give me a break.
4/20/10 10:28 AM
FreakDaddy
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Alex, but he needs to worry about winning his next fight, not Cowboy.
4/20/10 10:31 AM
GaGasSoldierDickTuks2
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is completely right,Cowboy hasn't done anything to deserve another title shot,he was getting his ass kicked by 9mm until he decided to blast Ed in the nuts a few times.
4/20/10 10:32 AM
PJ Benn Fan
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cowboy would roll Alex up like a friggin pretzel!
4/20/10 11:09 AM
BryanHamper
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL.... Pettis is about to send you with your walking papers

Way to try to become relevant.... FAIL
4/20/10 11:26 AM
BryanHamper

Alex Karalexis:
Loss Ed Ratcliff TKO (Punches) WEC 31 - Faber vs. Curran 12/12/2007 2 1:26

Donald Cerrone:
Win Ed Ratcliff Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) WEC 45 - Cerrone vs. Ratcliff 12/19/2009 3 3:47
4/20/10 11:31 AM
Combat Sport Fan

BryanHamper - Alex Karalexis:

Donald Cerrone:
Win Ed Ratcliff Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) WEC 45 - Cerrone vs. Ratcliff 12/19/2009 3 3:47

mma math doesnt work dumbass.

4/20/10 11:51 AM
BryanHamper

Combat Sport Fan - 

Donald Cerrone:

mma math doesnt work dumbass.

thanks for that shocking revelation, but in his article it clearly states "who has be beat to deserve another shot"? The short answer is Ed Ratcliff, someone he couldnt beat...

4/20/10 12:10 PM
ClockChokeOrange
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretend BJ Penn wrote that article instead. Is it a valid point? Lost to Varner, Lost to Henderson, Beat Radcliffe > gets title shot.
4/20/10 12:20 PM
Adi alic
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alex is delusional.
4/20/10 12:32 PM
BryanHamper

ClockChokeOrange - Pretend BJ Penn wrote that article instead. Is it a valid point? Lost to Varner, Lost to Henderson, Beat Radcliffe > gets title shot.

True, completely different at that point.

Who else in the WEC at this point deserves the shot over him?? Cowboy lost a controversial SPLIT-decision to Ben in October. The only other guys on a win streak would be Njokuani and Roller who are arguably fighting for a future title shot. Both already got stopped by Ben in the 1st round so its hard to justify another shot this soon...

In my opinion cowboys the only logical choice since he always comes to fight, and their first fight was controversial.

4/20/10 12:42 PM
fightfan531
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

karalexis is delusional..i appreaciate he is willing to fight anyone but cerrone or henderson would maul him. also i think pettis is going to ko him by round 2.
4/20/10 12:46 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1022 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i am officially calling out fedor
if he doesnt respond, hes obiously a coward
ps: my price is 10 million
4/20/10 12:54 PM
Ironclad

Cowboy is on his third title shot but let's be real, how many fighters does the WEC have at 155? And how many of those are serious contenders?

I don't believe Karalexis deserves a match with Cowboy but with such a small division, who knows. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

4/20/10 1:08 PM
DamonMMAWeekly
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cowboy deserved the shot, and nothing against Karalexis, but he needs to worry about Anthony Pettis. That might be another KO of the night coming right there.
4/20/10 1:16 PM
BryanHamper

DamonMMAWeekly - Cowboy deserved the shot, and nothing against Karalexis, but he needs to worry about Anthony Pettis. That might be another KO of the night coming right there.

Agreed!
4/20/10 1:20 PM
ajl416az

cowboy had to cheat to win his last fight and they still gave him the title shot

hilarious
4/20/10 1:25 PM
BryanHamper

ajl416az - cowboy had to cheat to win his last fight and they still gave him the title shot

hilarious<br type="_moz" />

lifes not always fair...
4/20/10 1:32 PM
Jason Tornado

Karelexis sucks but you can't blame a guy for trying to talk his way into a title shot, Cerrone would finish him inside of a round tho
4/20/10 4:34 PM
GaGasSoldierDickTuks2
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donald Cerrone:

Ratliff was beating Cerrone down until he kneed him in the nuts like 4 times.
4/20/10 4:45 PM
BryanHamper

Edited: 04/20/10 4:50 PM
Swing and a miss by you sir. What fight were you watching if you think Ratcliff was winning? The only reason the score card was remotely close was due to the points that were taken away....
4/20/10 5:24 PM
holly9000
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Failalexis
4/20/10 5:45 PM
GaGasSoldierDickTuks2

BryanHamper - Swing and a miss by you sir. What fight were you watching if you think Ratcliff was winning? The only reason the score card was remotely close was due to the points that were taken away....

What scorecard?the fight was finished,there was no scorecard. Swing and miss by you numbnuts. Ratcliff was soundly outstriking Cowboy before the nut shots slowed him down.
4/20/10 7:53 PM
Fwogz1

GaGasSoldierDickTuks2 - 
BryanHamper - Swing and a miss by you sir. What fight were you watching if you think Ratcliff was winning? The only reason the score card was remotely close was due to the points that were taken away....

What scorecard?the fight was finished,there was no scorecard. Swing and miss by you numbnuts. Ratcliff was soundly outstriking Cowboy before the nut shots slowed him down.

are you kidding, radcliff was limping bc cowboy was kicking the shit out of his legs.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.