UnderGround Forums

TUF 16 >> TUF - Knee to Head?

4/21/10 11:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
donkypunch55
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it doesn't strike you as odd that they cut it that short?

His reaction seemed out of porportion to what should be expected from a glacing knee.
4/21/10 11:19 PM
donkypunch55
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not for nothing, it was the defining moment of the fight and we see it twice, mixed in with just the regular highlights of the fight?

the show isn't live, they've had 8 weeks to think about and edit some shit.
4/21/10 11:22 PM
jason hornbuckle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the first knee hit his head, the 2nd one missed. i just watched it several times on my dvdr

for some weird ass reason TUF replayed the 2nd one over and over but didn't show the first one

legit DQ, there's no doubt about it. i have no idea if the guy was hamming it up but the dude who got DQ'd threw 2 knees at his head on purpose, there's no question
4/21/10 11:27 PM
bcolflesh
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think we need some animated gifs - I saw a knee to the body, then a missed knee attempt to the head.
4/21/10 11:28 PM
Slowshot
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jason hornbuckle - the first knee hit his head, the 2nd one missed. i just watched it several times on my dvdr

for some weird ass reason TUF replayed the 2nd one over and over but didn't show the first one

legit DQ, there's no doubt about it. i have no idea if the guy was hamming it up but the dude who got DQ'd threw 2 knees at his head on purpose, there's no question
There certainly is a question.

The first knee landed, but not on the head.

4/21/10 11:29 PM
Wiggy
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tubarao - CLEARLY MISSED THE HEAD. bad call
4/21/10 11:30 PM
epwar
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why did they only replay the second knee?
4/21/10 11:31 PM
D_S_A

jason hornbuckle - 

he was still completely faking being hurt, without a single mark on his head

and i'd consider a deliberate piledriver a bigger foul than some little knee that may or may not have grazed him
4/21/10 11:36 PM
jason hornbuckle

a slam is only a foul if the guy lands on the point of his head, as i understood it. that slam was legal, as i understand the rules

i don't give a shit about either guy so i'm not gonna sit here and cheerlead for one of them, but i saw a dude knee his downed opponent in the head on tonight's show and if you didn't see that i don't know what you were watching
4/21/10 11:43 PM
BBB81

While u lil tools are talking sh*t about something you have no clue about he's fighting in the UFC living the life and ur sitting on ur couch acting like you know

Attonito...remember the name
4/21/10 11:48 PM
twonka

Maybe he realized he didn't want to pull a cole miller and give up a win that furthers you in a competition and noone will remember how you get to finals if you get there.
4/21/10 11:51 PM
jason hornbuckle

dana specifically told cole it was dumb for him to continue after that foul, so maybe so
4/21/10 11:54 PM
radiobaby
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andre Dirrell liked this fight.
4/22/10 12:11 AM
jason hornbuckle

http://www.ultimatefighter.com/full-episodes/tuf-11/the-aftermath-clown-box

both guys' thoughts on it. the knee is at the 7 min mark

Attonito says the first one hit him in the forehead, which is what i see when i watch it

Uscola admits the guy was down when he threw it but says he thought he wasn't at the time

so i don't know what the argument is about
4/22/10 12:18 AM
bcolflesh
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jason hornbuckle - so i don't know what the argument is about

People are arguing that neither knee struck his head - the aftermath show does nothing to clear that up, unfortunately.
4/22/10 12:20 AM
jason hornbuckle

fucking lol

other than the replay, which shows the first knee hitting the guy in the head, and the guy who got hit pointing to where it hit him, and the guy throwing the knee saying "yeah i kneed him in the head while he was down", it doesn't clear anything up

4/22/10 12:24 AM
D_S_A

jason hornbuckle - 

Attonito says the first one hit him in the forehead, which is what i see when i watch it

yet the 2nd one which clearly misses is what makes him fall over like he's dead

and the first one appeared to be completely blocked, if anything
4/22/10 12:25 AM
jason hornbuckle

he was already falling back from the 1rst one, rather than faking an effect from the 2nd one, is what i think

like i said, both guys agree on what happen, and there's video of it. i have no idea why this is even an argument
4/22/10 12:39 AM
Caestus

jason hornbuckle - he was already falling back from the 1rst one, rather than faking an effect from the 2nd one, is what i think

like i said, both guys agree on what happen, and there's video of it. i have no idea why this is even an argument

Yeah, Uscola has no problem speaking his mind and he said it was the right decision. I think the problem is that Spike kept showing the second knee which didn't land but it was the first knee that threw him for loop. Attonito even seem to think the fight should kept going.
4/22/10 12:42 AM
D_S_A

uscola admits he was down and hit something with the first knee. the video shows it hitting mostly forearm, really cant see if it hits the head. what else is he gonna say?

attonito sounds like he's totally making shit up, claims the 2nd knee connected when it obviously didn't

the 1st knee which (if it landed at all) was mostly blocked and didn't leave even the tiniest mark on his head, left him unable to continue?
4/22/10 12:43 AM
jason hornbuckle

"I think the problem is that Spike kept showing the second knee which didn't land but it was the first knee that threw him for loop."

definately. i'm sure spike is just trying to create some controversy though, they do that all the time with creative editing
4/22/10 12:45 AM
Caestus

D_S_A - uscola admits he was down and hit something with the first knee. the video shows it hitting mostly forearm, really cant see if it hits the head. what else is he gonna say?

attonito sounds like he's totally making shit up, claims the 2nd knee connected when it obviously didn't

the 1st knee which (if it landed at all) was mostly blocked and didn't leave even the tiniest mark on his head, left him unable to continue?

Rich never said the second one landed and the ref stopped the fight after Rich answered his question correctly, not faking anything. It was ref who jumped right to the stoppage.
4/22/10 12:48 AM
D_S_A

Caestus - 
Rich never said the second one landed and the ref stopped the fight after Rich answered his question correctly, not faking anything. It was ref who jumped right to the stoppage.

yes he did. he can't get his story straight (wonder why), but he alternately claims both the 1st and 2nd knee landed.

he was lying on the ground holding his head and moaning he was begging for a stoppage
4/22/10 12:57 AM
Caestus

why would he beg for a stoppage when he murdering the guy?
4/22/10 1:05 AM
D_S_A

you mean when he was murdering the guy until he came within an inch of getting submitted and wound up on the bottom of side mount and suddenly the fight was very difficult?

i cant imagine

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.