4/22/10 1:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
D_S_A
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh yeah and his broken hand
4/22/10 1:12 AM
HULKSMASH
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jayare - Coming out of lurking to beg for a gif pls.

LEGIT LOL!
4/22/10 1:35 AM
jayhaas08
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pretty much bullshit it completely missed
4/22/10 3:44 AM
CaptainPlanet

Caestus - why would he beg for a stoppage when he murdering the guy?

a) he gassed after not being able to finish an opponent he was dominating and was now in pad position

b) he knew he broke his hand

either the way, he gets an oscar.
4/22/10 3:53 AM
Frantic

I agree, didn't hit his head and he wanted out due to the broken hand.
4/22/10 7:20 AM
CaptainAhab87

yeah i thought it hit his hand
4/22/10 7:25 AM
donkypunch55
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My last fight i fought a guy who i just couldn't finish. i was exhausted by the end of the first. pushed to failure, totally shot exhausted...

i remember having the thought that this HAD to be over soon! i wanted to quit. mind you, i was KILLING this guy, but not being able to finish it was demoralizing.

i can only imagine what it must feel like to go from dominating, to a real bad spot, to breaking one's hand...

dude wanted a way out.
4/22/10 7:43 AM
FortyKoatz

Rewatched it. The first knee hit his head full on and the second one hit his hand.

Attentico didnt fake shit. LOl at you fags judging him when most of you have never been in a fight in your life.
4/22/10 7:47 AM
donkypunch55
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't have DVR, or i would ^^

and um, i HAVE been in a fight, which has led to the opinions that i have expressed through-out this thread...
4/22/10 7:54 AM
donkypunch55

He was gassed and it looked like post fight he had shattered his hand. a seriously broken hand is an excellent motivator for wanting a fight to be over.
4/22/10 8:13 AM
donkypunch55

^^ the problem with that is that if the knee hit his hand, it ceases to be illegal. it either hit his hand or his head...
4/22/10 8:53 AM
Slowshot
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eveready,

I'm afraid you don't know the rules.  It's only illegal if it actually hits the head.
4/22/10 8:54 AM
The Elastic Assassin
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/22/10 8:58 AM
you could tell by his post fight body language that he knew he got away with somehting....
4/22/10 8:58 AM
donkypunch55

^^ this.

and intent doesn't matter for shit. the result is what's important.

by your rational (Eveready) dude should have been DQ'ed for "intending" to spike the guy on his head, right?
4/22/10 8:58 AM
kcbjj
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D_S_A - *fucking obvious piledriver*

ref says nothing

*knee misses*

DQ! DQ!
4/22/10 8:59 AM
BlackJesus
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well now he can have one more nick name

Richy two knees
4/22/10 9:00 AM
Average
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No Gif yet? WTF?
4/22/10 9:01 AM
donkypunch55

Average - No Gif yet? WTF?

4/22/10 9:03 AM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/22/10 9:09 AM
donkypunch55 - ^^ the problem with that is that if the knee hit his hand, it ceases to be illegal. it either hit his hand or his head...

It hit the hand that was covering his head. So by that logic, would it be legal to punch someone in the back of the head if they were covering up and you hit their hands?
4/22/10 9:09 AM
Slowshot
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everready,

Again, you don't know the rules. You believe that it SHOULD be about intent, but that's not what the rules say.

You may disagree with the rules, but those are the rules.  I may not like that Kirik can ban me, but that's his right, and if I want to participate in this forum, I understand the rules.

Thus, even if he was trying to eyegouge him, and missed, and broke his hand, PERFECTLY LEGAL.

If he was trying to fish hook him, and broke his hand, PERFECTLY LEGAL.

If he was trying to bite him, and missed, and broke his hand, PERFECTLY LEGAL.

4/22/10 9:12 AM
Phil999

That was an edited replay.
4/22/10 9:12 AM
donkypunch55

Eveready - I'll say it again.
if someone was protecting with his forearms it's legal to throw knee after knee after knee to the head of a downed opponent.

Right? Is that legal? Then if he lets one hit him in the head then he's playing the game right and it shouldn't be a foul right?
Also I do believe that the piledriver should have been a foul. The legality of it should ALWAYS be about intent, however if he blocked it and it didn't hurt him then the fight should continue, but if it broke his fucking hand, then that happened because of the illegal knee. A direct result of it from him trying to protect himself from an illegal thrown strike and the other guy should be DQ'd. Again this is just speculation as I have no idea if it was the knee that broke his hand or a punch that he threw earlier in the fight but your logic is completely fucking flawed.

i do think that your exaggerating a bit. you make it sound as if all dude did was throw 400 knees at a downed opponent.

i'm not advocating breaking rules, all i said in the beginning of this thread was that i don't believe any of those knees caused the amount of damage that Attencio would have us believe.

i think he did in fact break his hand and was gassed completely out.

he was provided (through no design of his own) with a way out and took it.

i wasn't even judging him, i was just trying to ascertain what ACTUALLY happened and was curious about the UFC's lack of viable replay or explanation.
4/22/10 9:16 AM
donkypunch55

TheBigBadBootyDaddy - 
donkypunch55 - ^^ the problem with that is that if the knee hit his hand, it ceases to be illegal. it either hit his hand or his head...

It hit the hand that was covering his head. So by that logic, would it be legal to punch someone in the back of the head if they were covering up and you hit their hands?

boy, great question!

i was secure in my smuggness until you posted that one...

i doubt the referee would halt the fight and allow recovery time, much less issue a DQ but he would definitly warn or say something.
4/22/10 9:23 AM
donkypunch55

Eveready - Again, I'm not saying that he didn't use it as an excuse, I have no idea if it was the knee or an earlier punch that broke his hand. But if one of those knees broke his hand, then the knee was illegal, don't you agree? Assuming it did break his hand then it happened as a direct result of the illegal strike and I don't see how anyone can argue that it makes it a legal strike.

i don't know. bottom line is that it isn't illegal to knee someone in the hand.
without pulling up the rules, i can still say that i'm reasonably sure that the verbage does not include "intent".

and hey, lets be clear, i think kneeing a downed opponent in the face is definiatly wrong (as long as the rules stay geh) but if it wasn't in the face but the hand, how is that illegal?

we need clarification on the rules.
4/22/10 9:24 AM
Slowshot

Eveready - Again, I'm not saying that he didn't use it as an excuse, I have no idea if it was the knee or an earlier punch that broke his hand. But if one of those knees broke his hand, then the knee was illegal, don't you agree? Assuming it did break his hand then it happened as a direct result of the illegal strike and I don't see how anyone can argue that it makes it a legal strike.

Jesus Christ! No, they're not illegal. If they didn't hit the head they're not illegal.  Those are the rules.  It' s not up for referee interpretation of "intent".

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.