UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> How long do you guys run for

4/22/10 9:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sevenone
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well? Just curious about other people's road work whether it be sprints, hills, jogs, whatever. How do you do it and what have been the results?
4/22/10 10:15 AM
Khun Kao
1299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I used to run, I would mix it up between distance, sprints, hills, stairs, etc....

For instance, my *standard* run was about 2 miles. I would run at a 7-min mile pace, approximately.

I would occassionally bump that up to a 5 mile run (maybe once every other week), and that would be about an 8-min mile pace.

I would try to run on hills or stairs about once a week. Didn't keep time/distance on these.

I would also try to run sprints once a week. I would try to find a stretch of path where I could sprint between 30 - 50 meters. I would sprint in one direction, then do a slow jog back, then turn and sprint again (never stopping). When I would first start my training regimen, I would usually aim for about 10 sprints. As I progressed closer and closer to fight time, I would be running about 25 sprints.

Results? I didn't gas in fights.
4/22/10 10:45 AM
Bull_in_chinashop
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

funny you mention that, I brought my gym bag to work and I'm going to run after work.  I run for 60-90 minutes at a time, for my training I don't care about pace, I'm trying to keep my heartrate in a certain zone to maximize aerobic CAPACITY - how much blood can a single heart beat pump.  in different sessions I'll work OUTPUT - how much pressure can the one heart beat  push.
4/22/10 4:57 PM
Normal MT
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As long as the dog is chasing me. When he gives up so do I.
4/23/10 5:17 PM
sevenone
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks guys :)
5/7/10 1:18 PM
The Sultan
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

20 min to warm up for training.  Light pace.

40 min to 1 hr running on my own.

Gotta start up running again soon.
5/11/10 2:38 PM
Outkaster
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wish I could do it. My feet are really bad. I tried to get some good running sneakers and they did not fit well. I am jealous of people that can train that way.
5/12/10 4:19 AM
Stoffer Inc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did 5-7 500 meter sprints and then 10 stair sprints. I did it 3 times a week before training.

It made a big difference on my pace and endurance in sparring and the fight.
5/12/10 8:50 AM
Ryukyu Damashi
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I run 2 or 3 miles every morning when I wake up. Then another 2 miles during lunch a 4 times a week. I have been doing 5k races on the weekends.
5/14/10 3:42 AM
Chaos in China
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bull_in_chinashop -  funny you mention that, I brought my gym bag to work and I'm going to run after work.  I run for 60-90 minutes at a time, for my training I don't care about pace, I'm trying to keep my heartrate in a certain zone to maximize aerobic CAPACITY - how much blood can a single heart beat pump.  in different sessions I'll work OUTPUT - how much pressure can the one heart beat  push.

How often do you do your different runs?
5/15/10 11:31 AM
Bull_in_chinashop
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I was training 3-4 times a week as a student I'd only need to do 2 additional cardio sessions a week and one strength training day for every day of class less, I'd add one  ex. 2 training session + 3 cardio sessions & 1 lifting session etc.  Since I'm spending most of my time coaching these days I'd be doing 3 cardio sessions and trying to train twice a week.

Of course this is just general conditioning, not fight training or power endurance (anaerobic)

Actually lately I've got a crazy new job with long hours and I haven't been doing crap! I got to get my tubby ass back in shape for summer!

5/19/10 7:04 PM
dan black
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I make my guys run now as part of the class.. everybody used to say they ran but you can tell who was lying, now nobody can lie about it..
6/8/10 1:30 AM
The Sauce
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Khun Kao - When I used to run, I would mix it up between distance, sprints, hills, stairs, etc....

For instance, my *standard* run was about 2 miles. I would run at a 7-min mile pace, approximately.

I would occassionally bump that up to a 5 mile run (maybe once every other week), and that would be about an 8-min mile pace.

I would try to run on hills or stairs about once a week. Didn't keep time/distance on these.

I fought on Saturday night and tried this ( the sprint drills)but I have a history of gassing so I did 3 days a week of sprints and I had energy still at the end of the fight. I'm happy this came up when I needed it!!!

I would also try to run sprints once a week. I would try to find a stretch of path where I could sprint between 30 - 50 meters. I would sprint in one direction, then do a slow jog back, then turn and sprint again (never stopping). When I would first start my training regimen, I would usually aim for about 10 sprints. As I progressed closer and closer to fight time, I would be running about 25 sprints.

Results? I didn't gas in fights.

6/8/10 1:34 AM
The Sauce
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^WTF?!?! I meant to quote Khun and respond with

"I fought on Saturday night and tried this ( the sprint drills)but I have a history of gassing so I did 3 days a week of sprints and I had energy still at the end of the fight. I'm happy this came up when I needed it!!!"

I have no idea how that ended up half way through the original post?! Anyway. Thanks for posting that KK, it worked for me!!

6/8/10 6:53 PM
Khun Kao
1299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aw, shucks.... :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.