UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Expungement Lawyers?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/22/10 9:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jshtempe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it worth it to hire a lawyer to pursue expungement of a record? Not a serious crime & from about 8 years ago. Will be getting Masters degree within next year & don't want silly conviction from when I was a teenager to hurt job prospects. Any of the Lawyers here have any experience with this?
4/23/10 10:22 AM
Subadie

I think you should call this guy, he only charges 500.00 for expungements. http://www.holytaco.com/need-lawyer
4/24/10 7:53 PM
KenTheWalrus
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Depends on what state you're in.

Did you already have an agreement set or are you looking to get something expunged on your own? The reason I ask is because in some states expungement, or the equivalent, is automatic. In others you have to go through the process.

For me, it would depend upon my career path, my perspective employers, and whether or not I felt I could competently explain why I committed a crime and why they should hire me anyway.

Agricultural engineer with a cow tipping charge, not a big deal. Educator with a misdemeanor flashing charge, bigger deal. -ken
4/25/10 9:14 PM
jshtempe

Thanks for the reply Ken, guess I wasn't very clear in my original post. I am in AZ & there is a process to go through to get something "set aside" not expunged. I have located a form to petition the court & it didn't seem overly complicated. Wasn't sure if there is a reason to have a lawyer do it for me so I thought someone here may have some experience with the process.

The issue with explaining to an employer is that I may never get the opportunity to do so. The competition is high & this may eliminate me before an interview is granted. I would rather avoid the disclosure in the application process.

LOL at that picture
4/27/10 10:57 AM
Fake Pie
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My brother who is not the best at this sort of thing did his own. You just need to have a lot of patience and keep at it. It is a process and there is a lot of paper work.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.