UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator 15 results

4/22/10 11:15 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Bellator Fighting Championships 15 Quick Results

April 22, 2010 - 7:00 PM
Uncasville, Connecticut United States

Winner Loser Method Round Time
Dave Branch Derrick Mehmen Submission 2nd 0:00
Matt Lee Ryan Quinn Decision 3rd  
Steven Carl Brett Cooper Decision 3rd  
Dan Hornbuckle Tyler Stinson Submission 1st 2:03
Ryan Thomas Jacob McClintock TKO/RSC 1st 4:11
Patricio Freire William Romero Submission 1st 2:01
Dan Cramer Dennis Olson Decision 3rd  
Rich De Los Reyes Brylan Vanartsdalen Submission 2nd 2:03

4/22/10 11:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AOmonsta
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome night of fights. Pitbull, Thomas, and Pitbull all looked good.

Is that the Dan Cramer that was on tuf?
4/23/10 12:14 AM
MattBenwa
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck yeah, GO RYAN THOMAS!!
4/23/10 12:33 AM
TheClips
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to see Hornbuckle continuing his win streak!
4/23/10 1:34 AM
Chris
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Partner
 so hopefully now Thomas will rematch Askren in the semi-finals?
4/23/10 1:50 AM
Foos
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm becoming a big fan of Bellator.

Good show tonight
4/23/10 2:05 AM
Taz

TylerWeathers.com
Cooper got screwed over
4/23/10 2:09 AM
Foos
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taz - Cooper got screwed over

It comes down to that close second round.  I had Cooper winning as well.

It's fights like these that make me wish the fight could be judged as a whole,  not round by round.
4/23/10 2:35 AM
sside maurice
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Close fight and, yeah, that 2nd round could've gone either way. In any event, there was no basis for the crowd to boo Carl like they did.

At first, it seemed like they were just booing the decision, but they continued to boo Carl during the post-fight interview, even though both guys fought their hearts out. Terrible.
4/23/10 2:38 AM
BSurely

Wow TickTock got his clock rocked?
4/23/10 3:06 AM
JJTechnician00

Foos - I'm becoming a big fan of Bellator.

Good show tonight

Me too. The format is interesting, and it's nice to have several fights to look forward to each week.
4/23/10 7:42 AM
donkypunch55
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA crowds can be the worst. i get not liking a decision, especially one that goes against the home-town guy. But fuck, Carl didn't score his own fight.

i was good with the decision. would have been ok with the exact same score the other way for Cooper.

great fight.
4/23/10 7:54 AM
Pilot201
2195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how did the Rich De Los Reyes vs Brylan fight go?
4/23/10 10:04 AM
mcq
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheClips - Glad to see Hornbuckle continuing his win streak!
^^^ Caught a couple of his fights in Dream (or was it Sengoku).  Definite fan of his.
How are you guys catching the fights?  Fox Sports Net?  I have a pretty stacked DirectTv line up already and would prefer to not have to add yet another channel for the fights.  Wondering if they're shown elsewhere. 
4/23/10 10:16 AM
CagePotato
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where the vids at, Bellator?
4/23/10 11:46 AM
ReX13

War Hornbuckle! I have to support my boys from NC, plus i'm pretty sure my dad's side of the family has some native blood, even if they won't admit it. He went from head-kicking Gono into Retartville to easily locking up a triangle that looked like a garden spider wrapping up dinner.

Good on Thomas. He was in trouble early, but he fended off multiple attempts at RNCs and came back to whup Tick Tock. McClintock wins the "coolest nickname" prize--and a ticket back to the gym.

Damn son, the crowd was booing Carl like he cunt punted a ring girl and ate a candy-coated panda fetus. WTF people--maybe you didn't hear the thirty times you were informed that he was an Army sergeant and Iraq vet?!??

Welterweight semis better be Hornbuckle v Carl (Hornbuckle for sho) and Askren v Thomas (Thomas wants that revenge bad, y'all). And i'm sure that Rebney will make it happen. UPDATE: Ryan Thomas has posted here saying that his rematch is official for 20 May in Dallas. So, yeah...

Was NOT impressed with Romero, who watched Pitbull jockey for heel hooks like he was going to pull a rabbit out of nowhere. Pitbull finally gets the inverted heel hook, and Romero is all: dude, wtf, i really don't care which side my feet are--ow ow OW OOWWW. *tapping frantically*

In case you can't tell, i am digging Bellator HARD. It kinda reminds me of my early UFC days, where you didn't have a strong idea what to expect, and you weren't familiar with all the fighters and what they brought to the cage. Difference being, these guys are athletic and well-rounded, which makes for some good shows. If i could get it in HD, i'd be happy.

4/23/10 12:06 PM
Matt Lee
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Quinn won last night.
It was tough decision loss for me but I will be back. I am fighting for Moosin end of may.
Congrat Ryan and American top team in ct. You did well.
4/23/10 12:12 PM
donkypunch55
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man. What a night for our Club. Steve Carl is a member of our Gym (Valhalla Combat Club) and fights on our MMA Team (Team Harddrive) here in Cedar Rapids Iowa.
About 10 of us got together at a team member’s house last night to watch the fights.

We laughed our ass off at the continued reiteration of the severity of the injury to Steve’s leg. We get it dude, legs not perfect…

The fight itself was unbelievably stressful. No amount of yelling has been able to get Steve to hold his hands up higher. I kept dreading a solid shot landing. Add to that the fact that Cooper was better on the ground than we thought and the close second rnd, followed by the piss-pounding Steve took in the 3rd……

The decision was as good as any. I wouldn’t have bitched if they gave it to Cooper though. The difference was that razor thin 2nd rnd and the case could have been made for a 10-8 third (but they can’t have draws right?).

Anyway, much respect to Mr. Cooper for a great fight. Fights like that and the emotion I felt last night are why I love MMA!

Congrats to all the fighters last night.
4/23/10 8:47 PM
mike pruitt 1970

RYAN THOMAS is coming to get you lil carrot top.You should have keep your mouth closed. Better hope you can talk after the fight. Great job TANK ENGINE!!!!!!!!
4/23/10 8:59 PM
caposa
1807 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/23/10 9:06 PM
Matt Lee -  Ryan Quinn won last night.
It was tough decision loss for me but I will be back. I am fighting for Moosin end of may.
Congrat Ryan and American top team in ct. You did well.

Matt, that was a tremendous show of heart

Ryan Quinn is from CT and obviously the crowd was on his side, but my section was pulling for that finish in the 3rd

sucks you had to lose after a great comeback like that

4/24/10 12:18 AM
StretchPlum

I enjoyed the show. The atmosphere was good. The event was handled professionally all around.
4/24/10 12:38 AM
jonnierockets20
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I gotta watch it, i missed it but grats to steve carl and his camp. I trained with steve back at grapplers lair, he's a beast, he will bring a fight to anyone. gj all
4/24/10 10:46 AM
epwar
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/24/10 10:46 AM
I get Bellator on a one day delay, but I thought it was great too. They pack more action into one hour than the UFC does in a three hour fight night.

Plus, the semi-final of Pitbull vs. Wilson Reis is going to be amazing!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.