UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roger Gracie vs Randleman at Strikeforce May 15

4/23/10 1:00 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

With just a few weeks remaining until the next Strikeforce show hits St. Louis on May 15, two more fights have been announced as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu ace Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza takes on middleweight contender Joey Villasenor, while Roger Gracie makes his debut against former UFC fighter Kevin Randleman.

Dhabi world champion submission artist, Roger Gracie debuts for Strikeforce with only 2 pro MMA fights under his belt, but a wealth of grappling experience in his history. A member of the famed Gracie lineage in Jiu-Jitsu, Roger will hope to make his family proud when he debuts in Strikeforce.

Kevin Randleman will hope to rebuild himself with the fight against Gracie after dropping his last two fights in a row, and 4 out of his last 6 fights. An Ohio State Hall of Fame wrestler, Randleman has always been considered a dangerous fighter and he will try to give a rude welcome to the debuting Gracie in the Strikeforce cage.

Read entire article...

4/23/10 1:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OzLoco
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Purely statistically speaking, someone with the last name 'Gracie' is due to win an MMA bout soon, right? Well I hope so, anyway.
4/23/10 1:37 AM
queef latina
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanted to see randleman back in the ufc :(
4/23/10 2:30 AM
Xspur
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I predict there will be a winner in this fight.
quote me..
4/23/10 4:21 AM
Xspur
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Porkchop - 
Xspur - I predict there will be a winner in this fight.
quote me..

Thanks for signing up.....it's insight like this that we need around here.........

sorry, i have posted some insightful stuff lately that seems to just get looked over, guess I was feeling a little cynical.
4/23/10 4:41 AM
FingerorMoon
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roger Gracie has to have the slowest MMA career ever.

1 fight every 2 years.

Who knows, after this and an extra long training sessions, he may finally feel ready to make his UFC debut in 2014 !
4/23/10 6:46 AM
ChickendanceThailand
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thunderlips The Ultimate Male - Randleman is the biggest talent waste in the history of MMA, even though he was a UFC champion he could have done so much more. The guy was HW, all muscle that moved liked a WW.

agreed, I have alway wanted Randleman to dominate and beat the shit out of everyone. Not sure he if he has a successful run in him still. Fan for life though.

blue....http://www.hybridmmaschool.com/normal_Randleman_vs_Fedor_Suplex.jpg
4/23/10 6:58 AM
Leigh
949 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Roger have holes in his game? Have we seen his striking? By "we" I mean you lot
4/23/10 7:17 AM
Truemanc3
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Once the fight hits the floor it will be over.

Randleman will not be able to get to his feet after this happens, then it is a matter of time before the submission.

Roger is the best grappler out there by a mile!
4/23/10 7:52 AM
keepreachin

I spent a week training in Vegas @ Drysdales and Randleman is in there working hard on his BJJ
4/23/10 8:50 AM
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

K-Dub-"T" -  Roger is the truth and will make this look easy.

... and then disappear back into the ether for another two years.
4/23/10 8:57 AM
Truemanc3
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roger has to pick either grappling or MMA.... then he can fight more regularly imo.
4/23/10 9:38 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

best mma sub guy vs worst mma sub defender
pulling guard should be enoughg
and randlmans cardi looked like shit recently
4/23/10 9:43 AM
Miedin

I've always been a Randleman fan but he is never in the fight mentally. That is something that can be corrected but I don't think he will ever correct it. He will be subbed with ease unfortunately.
4/23/10 9:51 AM
vegard
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If this turns into a horrid kickboxing match, I might never watch mma again
4/23/10 10:01 AM
Tomato Can
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vegard - If this turns into a horrid kickboxing match, I might never watch mma again

Doubt that will happen. Roger pulled guard against Waterman and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't against Randleman. Randleman looked horrid against Whitehead, this is a perfect fight for Roger to get back into MMA with.

Assuming he taps Randleman, maybe Roger/Ricco next?
4/23/10 11:07 AM
Wade Hampel

StrikeForce keeps coming with very interesting fights
4/23/10 11:55 AM
Nipples of Kirik

gee I wonder who will win this super fight...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.