UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ASTRA: Yoshida April 25th Full Card (with pics)

4/23/10 5:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What say you?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/4/23/1439720/astra-preview-master-hidehiko

Openweight: Hidehiko Yoshida (9-7-1) vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura (13-10)
Hidehiko Yoshida
Kazuhiro Nakamura

Featherweight: Michihiro Omigawa (9-8-1) vs. Micah Miller (13-3)
Michihiro OmigawaMicah Miller

Welterweight: Ryo Chonan (17-10) vs. Jung Hwan Cha (6-5-1)
Ryo ChonanJung Hwan Cha

Lightweight:
Daisuke Nakamura (20-12) vs. Ganjo Tentsuku (9-4-2)
Daisuke NakamuraGanjo Tentsuku

Lightweight:
Jorge Masvidal (19-5) vs. Naoyuki Kotani (20-9-7)
Jorge MasvidalNaoyuki Kotani

Light Heavyweight: Enson Inoue (11-8) vs. Antz Nansen (1-0)
Enson InoueAntz Nansen

Welterweight: Che Mills
(8-3) vs. Yuya Shirai (18-8)
Che MillsYuya Shirai

Lightweight: Tatsunao Nagakura (5-0) vs. Akihiko Mori (8-7-1)
Tatsunao NagakuraAkihiko Mori

4/23/10 5:04 PM
Tomato Can
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting card. Not good exactly, but interesting.
4/23/10 5:05 PM
shibbyguy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

enson!!!!
4/23/10 5:58 PM
EckY
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking forward to this one.

Cool to see Enson back, Nansen is a fucking wild man on the feet, that could be fun to watch.
4/23/10 6:02 PM
Card
1816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/23/10 6:20 PM
AOmonsta
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to see Masvidal back in action. God i wish he was in the Bellator tourney.
4/23/10 8:52 PM
UpKickfromHell

ttt. Please HDNet Fights show this card!!!!
4/23/10 9:01 PM
smoogy
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Masvidal vs. Kotani could be great, and it will be interesting to see if Mills and Nagakura look good on a big stage
4/23/10 9:28 PM
MOFuKA

We just got here to watch this event tomorrow...PUREBRED Guam in effect for ENSON!!!
4/23/10 9:30 PM
808AK

Grapple Fu, Slave
nice card... Yamato Damashii!
4/23/10 11:50 PM
KTT_Minowa
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This card is going to be sick. Much better than I thought it would be when Kohuko and J-Rock first announced they would be holding their own event post WVR/Sengoku fallout.

I know it's going to be on SkyperfectTV(insert Price is Right losing horn here) but there were rumors of an internet feed broadcast. Anyone know the deal with that?
4/23/10 11:59 PM
Foos
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KTT_Minowa - This card is going to be sick. Much better than I thought it would be when Kohuko and J-Rock first announced they would be holding their own event post WVR/Sengoku fallout.

I know it's going to be on SkyperfectTV(insert Price is Right losing horn here) but there were rumors of an internet feed broadcast. Anyone know the deal with that?

What happened to Sengoku?
4/24/10 12:21 AM
KTT_Minowa
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Foos - 
KTT_Minowa - This card is going to be sick. Much better than I thought it would be when Kohuko and J-Rock first announced they would be holding their own event post WVR/Sengoku fallout.

Sengoku is still around. They did change their name to SRC but it's still the same company.

It's a long story what happened but basically Kohuko(owner of J-Rock, manager of Omigawa and other strong ties to Yoshida Dojo) was the de facto leader of World Victory Road, the company behind Sengoku. There were some issues with mis-management, especially the inability to secure a TV deal for New Years Eve. There was a lot of drama and rumors involved including Ishii's management pulling some strings. Possibly stemming from the lack of the TV deal, WVR's main financial backer Don Quixote(think of them as Japan's version of Wal-Mart. Huge company with a CEO who loves MMA. Basically saved Pancrase and has interests all over the JMMA scene) decided to back FEG for the Dynamite!! show. That alone led to rumors that Sengoku was done and they would at most hold one more farewell show and then fold.

The end result ended up being Kohuko/J-Rock/Yoshida Dojo were ousted and WVR was restructured.

Kohuko decided to try to start up his own promotion on a trial basis, working the first event around Yoshida's retirement. Naturally the card is heavy with Yoshi Dojo fighters but they've brought in some suprising names and also have managed to land a bunch of sponsors.

We'll see how it all plays out. JMMA has been in a state of flux since Pride folded. It's impossible to accurately predict the future of the major orgs right now
4/24/10 12:21 AM
KTT_Minowa

Foos - 

Sengoku is still around. They did change their name to SRC but it's still the same company.

It's a long story what happened but basically Kohuko(owner of J-Rock, manager of Omigawa and other strong ties to Yoshida Dojo) was the de facto leader of World Victory Road, the company behind Sengoku. There were some issues with mis-management, especially the inability to secure a TV deal for New Years Eve. There was a lot of drama and rumors involved including Ishii's management pulling some strings. Possibly stemming from the lack of the TV deal, WVR's main financial backer Don Quixote(think of them as Japan's version of Wal-Mart. Huge company with a CEO who loves MMA. Basically saved Pancrase and has interests all over the JMMA scene) decided to back FEG for the Dynamite!! show. That alone led to rumors that Sengoku was done and they would at most hold one more farewell show and then fold.

The end result ended up being Kohuko/J-Rock/Yoshida Dojo were ousted and WVR was restructured.

Kohuko decided to try to start up his own promotion on a trial basis, working the first event around Yoshida's retirement. Naturally the card is heavy with Yoshi Dojo fighters but they've brought in some suprising names and also have managed to land a bunch of sponsors.

We'll see how it all plays out. JMMA has been in a state of flux since Pride folded. It's impossible to accurately predict the future of the major orgs right now
4/24/10 12:32 AM
Mike Sanders

LOL main event is a guaranteed work. Yeesh
4/24/10 1:03 AM
Foos
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KTT_Minowa - 
Foos - 

Thanks for the reply,  You know your stuff :)

4/24/10 2:22 AM
dream123

So is this actually Yoshida's retirement match? Or are they not running that angle anymore?
4/24/10 8:20 PM
olskool
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR MICAH!!
4/24/10 9:00 PM
midwestbred

Although I'm skeptical of how serious this match will be between Yoshida and Nakamura, this is still a great fight card!

TTT
4/24/10 10:15 PM
judo man

Master vs student?
4/24/10 10:43 PM
Almanac

judo man - Master vs student?

fixed?
4/24/10 10:51 PM
JeanMarc Lalonde

Edited: 04/24/10 10:51 PM
Hidehiko Yoshida (9-7-1) vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura

umm I thought they were team mates? doesn't Kazuhiro consider Yoshida one of his hero is this a master vs student thing?

Or I'm I mistaken?
4/24/10 10:55 PM
McLeod
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

enson??? not heavy? war!
4/24/10 11:01 PM
hideo5

can't wait to watch enson in the ring again
4/25/10 1:50 AM
marqueemoon
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i want to know also.... ^^^^ ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.