UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> anyone going to Cisco Live!!!!

7/1/10 11:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Re-upped my ccie security written yesterday, that was fun. 110 questions now instead of 90, 70% instead of 60% to pass. I rocked a 91% anyway. :D

The customer appreciation event kinda sucked balls. Terrible food compared to SF last year. Garth Brooks and Madonna impersonators? Electric rock opera old ass penis head makeup classic rock something or other? I left before smash mouth because the line for the free beer was too long.

One more short day at the booth and then we're tearing it down. Its been a lot of fun but LONG days of standing and BSing about certs. I'm ready to get the hell out of here, haul ass back home and sit on the beach.
7/2/10 4:13 AM
rfquinn
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_slacker - Re-upped my ccie security written yesterday, that was fun. 110 questions now instead of 90, 70% instead of 60% to pass. I rocked a 91% anyway. :D

The customer appreciation event kinda sucked balls. Terrible food compared to SF last year. Garth Brooks and Madonna impersonators? Electric rock opera old ass penis head makeup classic rock something or other? I left before smash mouth because the line for the free beer was too long.

One more short day at the booth and then we're tearing it down. Its been a lot of fun but LONG days of standing and BSing about certs. I'm ready to get the hell out of here, haul ass back home and sit on the beach.

Man, that sucks balls.  I can't imagine just standing around all week when there's so many cool technical sessions going on right down the hall.  I bailed on the customer event after only about 20-30 minutes.  I heard from some NetVets that Cisco has done some really big things in the past, like privately reserving Universal Studios.  They were pissed at this year's lame appreciation event.
7/2/10 5:43 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, it does indeed suck to miss out on the tech sessions. I recorded one of the virtual ones myself and a couple of my co-workers did live ones. They're good stuff. I'd love to sometime just go as a presenter, do my 4 hours and then spend the rest of the time attending sessions. Guess thats gonna be when I don't work for my current employer anymore. :D

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.