UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Master Toddy Seminar, Virginia..May 22nd

4/28/10 9:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Judo Scott
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/28/10 9:42 AM

Learn Muay Thai from a legend at the Hybrid Training Center! At long last, Master Toddy will be conducting a seminar. Master Toddy is a world renowned trainer of Champions in both Muay Thai and MMA and will be bringing his teaching to the HTC on Saturday May 22nd. First time students, amateur and professional students alike, will have the chance to train with Kru Buck Grant’s very own Muay Thai teacher.

Master Toddy has coached the likes of MMA female super star Gina Carano as well as UFC veterans such as Randy Couture and Tito Ortiz. He was the founder of the “Tuff Girls” TV show, which aired on the Oxygen network, featuring the top female Muay Thai fighters of the US battling against thia born andraised fighters in the heart of Thailand.

Click Here for more information!

May 22nd
Hybrid Training Center
3636 Virginia Beach Blvd
Virginia Beach, VA
hybridtrainingcenter@gmail.com
(757) 490-6906

4/28/10 2:41 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"legend" is such an abused word..
5/3/10 9:20 AM
Tidbits
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No doubt. What is/was Toddy's fight record? His resume of people he has trained is fairly impressive, I'm just curious about his ring experience.
5/3/10 12:10 PM
Khun Kao
1230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/03/10 12:13 PM
I read about his ring experience a long time ago. As I recall, he wasn't much of a fighter by Thai standards. He fought at small venues... "Temple Boxing" type of events. I want to say he fought in the neighborhood of 30 times.

Let's not get too caught up in a trainers fight record or ring experience. Cus D'amto *never* fought, yet was a PROVEN coach. Toddy may not have been much as a fighter, but stylistic preferences aside we can't deny he's been responsible for training some pretty successful fighters.
5/3/10 9:03 PM
Judo Scott
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

srsly the guys produces great fighters there's no question about it.
5/5/10 11:46 AM
Ray Elbe
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've trained with Master Toddy both in Vegas---and at Tiger Muay Thai in Thailand.

He is very animated, and has a unique approach to teaching--lots of metaphors and analogies to help you get the concept he is trying to relay.

...I have a video on youtube of me working with him and Sao Hin.

Search "Ray Elbe Master Toddy" and you'll find it--Youtube is down at my place right now---otherwise I'd embed it.

If your a fan of Muay Thai--a seminar by Master Toddy is worth the experience.
5/7/10 7:52 PM
HEMAN
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed...the guy is a good communicator. Rorion is not exactly the Gracie champion; however, he seems to be an excellent instructor.
5/9/10 9:13 AM
Ryukyu Damashi
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone have the video of Toddy kissing his chick fighter between the rounds?
5/9/10 6:57 PM
Khun Kao
1230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol. Gotta admit that was classic!
6/19/10 2:47 PM
Oyama
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just a question about Master Toddy. Did he have a tae kwon do background before or early on in his MT career?

Tks SAM
6/19/10 4:55 PM
Khun Kao

If memory serves, he trained TKD side-by-side with Muay Thai as a youth.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.