UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> Anyone with project management/site manager exp?

4/28/10 7:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Road Warrior Fin
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone with IT Project management/site manager experience?

Just seeing if anyone has good project management type experience with a good knowledge of the IT hardware side of the house that needs a job?

I'm trying to find good people to bring onto my project.

The job is for site managers for 1-3 months deployments (fly you home every third weekend). You don't need to be at the network engineer level but a good understanding of the hardware and wireless networks is a plus. The job is very detailed oriented and you'll be assisting forklift LAN/WLAN upgrades and working as a liaison between contracting companies and the Fed. Basically meaning you'll make sure the project moves along at a good pace and keeping the lines of communication open.

You need to be able to get a secret security clearance. Former military and/or government security clearance holders are a plus.

Pay is 50k-75k DOE but you'll end up making an extra 10-14k with per Diem and there may be some international travel involved (Japan, Guam, Germany).
4/30/10 11:40 AM
humphrey sphinctermuscle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been a senior IT project manager for 15 years now. Also had a Top Secret clearance for the DoD when I worked as a manager for EDS on the navy/marines infrastructure build out (called strikeforce NMCI)

how long are you talking out? meaning when are you talking about starting?

To be honest that's extremely low pay for that type of job for any PM with a lot of experience. almost half what we make normally
4/30/10 12:13 PM
Road Warrior Fin
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/30/10 12:13 PM
humphrey sphinctermuscle - I've been a senior IT project manager for 15 years now. Also had a Top Secret clearance for the DoD when I worked as a manager for EDS on the navy/marines infrastructure build out (called strikeforce NMCI)

how long are you talking out? meaning when are you talking about starting?

To be honest that's extremely low pay for that type of job for any PM with a lot of experience. almost half what we make normally

I may be abusing the title and "site coordinator" may be a little more appropriate for the position. 
5/4/10 7:36 AM
asdf
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah it's not a great position considering you have to travel a lot. But it would be a nice resume builder.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.