UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Christians clear this up for me

5/7/10 2:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
770mdm
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because it is my belief that God actually chooses to reveal himself in this way.

Why not do it like that in the first place?  The Torah was absolutly radical and revolutionary to the political spiritual landscape of those times.  It would have been a more appropriate time for Jesus to come instead of Moses if you think that way yes?  The difference between the two is that Moses set up the constitution for Israel whereas the NT deals with the aftermath of it's dissapearance.  Jesus just operated within the bounderies of Jewish Law and probably soundly defended himself when confronted when perceived otherwise.  After all Judaism tolorates desent not ignorance.  Why wouldn't G-d establish a NT type covenant between humanity and himself at that point in the first place? 
5/7/10 4:29 PM
reverend john
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MS

So you who by your very national identity are those that wrestle with God do not see the amazingness of using present and future? I think its awesome.

770, Jesus talks constantly about the Jewish call to be the light of the world, to be the city on a hill that cannot be hid, to live their calling. But his prophecies about the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple came true 40 years later. And the idea was, "if you do not stop your nationalism, and truly embrace the kingdom I am bringing, the Romans will bring hell to earth"

rev
5/7/10 8:07 PM
martial_shadow
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rev- Could the G-d of my ancestors do it? Of course. But there is no precedent for it within the Bible. The big transition points, where G-d's relationship with man changed were Adam, Noah (though some say Enoch), Abraham, Moses and Saul. At none of these transition points did any of the spiritual leaders indicate a prophecy hidden within a prophecy. Sure, it could be there, its just outside our purview.

MS
5/7/10 9:07 PM
reverend john
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well if there was another turning point wouldn't it be obviously Jesus if what I believe is true? :)

Let me do some research and get back to you, I think I can clear this up

rev

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.