UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jason Brilz in for Forest against Lil Nog at 114

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/4/10 12:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jsteven
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18983/jason-brilz-agrees-to-face-antonio-rogerio-nogueira-at-ufc-114.mma

Is that really the best they could do?
5/4/10 12:20 PM
epwar
570 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice searching skills. ;-)
5/4/10 12:27 PM
LittleKang
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

omg lol

poor brilz
5/4/10 12:29 PM
Jsteven
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - Nice searching skills. ;-)
my bad it was so new i didnt search it and didnt see it on the main page.  Oh well still a horrible mismatch, nothing to gain for lil Nog. 

5/4/10 12:30 PM
Card
2494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/04/10 12:30 PM
MAIN CARD
  • Rashad Evans vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
  • Jason Brilz vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira*
  • Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller
  • Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow
  • John Hathaway vs. Diego Sanchez
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
  • Dong Hyun Kim vs. Amir Sadollah
  • Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon
PRELIMINARY CARD (Not televised)
  • Melvin Guillard vs. Thiago Tavares
  • Luiz Cane vs. Cyrille Diabate
  • Joe Brammer vs. Aaron Riley
  • Jesse Forbes vs. Ryan Jensen
5/4/10 12:31 PM
frontrowbrian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is epic. Lil Nog will be like a -1800 favorite... last time he was, he got KTFO .. but that's not happening.

UFC should be embarassed and ashamed they've spread themselves so thin by running a ridiculous amount of PPV's when they have a shortage of stars
5/4/10 12:31 PM
EckY
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this card just took a major hit.
5/4/10 12:32 PM
frontrowbrian

the ony thing that can save this card is if Shitsping gets KTFO
5/4/10 12:37 PM
Jsteven

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Vs Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
 Don't Forget
5/4/10 12:38 PM
orcus

Wow, holy downgrade.
5/4/10 1:39 PM
soldierdad5417

Chance of a lifetime for Brilz. Can't wait to see what happens.
5/4/10 1:45 PM
Mma_Gawd
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who the hell is brilz....
5/4/10 1:50 PM
Gay4Gayhard

frontrowbrian -  this is epic. Lil Nog will be like a -1800 favorite... last time he was, he got KTFO .. but that's not happening.

UFC should be embarassed and ashamed they've spread themselves so thin by running a ridiculous amount of PPV's when they have a shortage of stars

Seriously. How is this not a HUGE hit to this card?

5/4/10 3:01 PM
adame09
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frontrowbrian -  this is epic. Lil Nog will be like a -1800 favorite... last time he was, he got KTFO .. but that's not happening.

Fights are fights, it's all about style match-ups. Just because this card isn't littered with TUF "stars," it will still be a great fucking card.  I hope Brilz is +1000, I'll bet the farm.

WAR BRILZ!

5/4/10 3:08 PM
louden swain
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This card is awful...
5/4/10 3:29 PM
Jack Skellington
853 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not ot be rude here but ....... what a let down
5/4/10 3:30 PM
Jack Skellington
853 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card - MAIN CARD
<ul> <li>Rashad Evans vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson</li> <li><b>Jason Brilz vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira<span style="font-size: 8pt"><em>*</em></span></b></li> <li>Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller</li> <li>Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow</li> <li>John Hathaway vs. Diego Sanchez</li></ul>PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
<ul> <li>Dong Hyun Kim vs. Amir Sadollah</li> <li>Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon</li></ul>PRELIMINARY CARD (Not televised)
<ul> <li>Melvin Guillard vs. Thiago Tavares</li> <li>Luiz Cane vs. Cyrille Diabate</li> <li>Joe Brammer vs. Aaron Riley</li> <li>Jesse Forbes vs. Ryan Jensen</li></ul>
The PPV is looking thinner & thinner everytime I look at it.
5/4/10 3:52 PM
orcus

This was the most interesting fight to me on the card by a long way, but I'm not sure why so many others seem pissed -- didn't everyone say Forrest had zero chance and was going to get wrecked quickly?
5/4/10 4:11 PM
JimmersonzGlove
620 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - This was the most interesting fight to me on the card by a long way, but I'm not sure why so many others seem pissed -- didn't everyone say Forrest had zero chance and was going to get wrecked quickly?

Yes...but thats why it was the best thing on the card.
5/4/10 4:43 PM
Nipples of Kirik

boooo
5/4/10 4:44 PM
adame09
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fhh03 - 
adame09 - 

<b>UFC should be embarassed and ashamed they've spread themselves so thin by running a ridiculous amount of PPV's when they have a shortage of stars</b>

Fights are fights, it's all about style match-ups. Just because this card isn't littered with TUF "stars," it will still be a great fucking card.  I hope Brilz is +1000, I'll bet the farm.

<b>WAR BRILZ!

</b>

hmmmm.....Melvin, Efrain, Rashad, Jesse, Diego, Amir, and Bisping....7 out of 22 fighters, along with 7 out of the 11 matches are TUF alum?!?!?!?!

Haha yeah I realized that after I posted...

Everyone is bitching about a poor match up.  Props to Brliz for stepping up.  He has a lot to gain from this... I'm sure no top ten LHW would step up on less then 3 weeks notice and fight diet Nog, so you have to roll with the punches.  I'm sure casual fans are pissed because a NAME like Forrest Griffin isn't fighting, but it's still a very intriguing fight.
5/4/10 5:06 PM
NorthFromHere
326 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well it's obvious that no one wants to fight lil nog with a three week notice. Props to Brilz for stepping up. I'm sure this fight was offered to a lot of guys before him, but they passed.
5/4/10 5:53 PM
HOWtasteMYbigPP
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - Well it's obvious that no one wants to fight lil nog with a three week notice. Props to Brilz for stepping up. I'm sure this fight was offered to a lot of guys before him, but they passed.

Yeah that sounds like a good assessment.
5/4/10 6:10 PM
Fugazi

Geez, suddenly the guy that suggested Bonnar sounds like a better match maker than Joe Silva despite people knocking the idea(including myself)...i'd rather see Bonnar slug it out than Brilz attempt lazy tD's while getting blasted within the first few minutes.

Who knows, i guess. Maybe Brilz pulls off some good TD's and stalls Nog on the ground long enough to.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. What was i saying?
5/4/10 6:19 PM
JimmersonzGlove
620 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Everyone is bitching about a poor match up.  Props to Brliz for stepping up.  He has a lot to gain from this... I'm sure no top ten LHW would step up on less then 3 weeks notice and fight diet Nog, so you have to roll with the punches.  I'm sure casual fans are pissed because a NAME like Forrest Griffin isn't fighting, but it's still a very intriguing fight."

How is it intriguing? This is a perfect example of running too many cards. You have Bisping/Miller or Lil Nog/Brilz as the co-main event under a non-title 15 min fight and that's worth $50? Or does it have more relevance cuz the two guys were on a reality show together?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.